post vacation recap

• Just returned from a long weekend of travelling, lots of visiting with friends, staying in hotels, and eating out.

I started out with the objective of eating on plan but didn't take the time to keep up with my calorie counting. My exercise, other than lots of walking, was non existant. (I'll pay for that this week).

Returned home last night and guess what!?! I'm down 3lbs.. Mind you, I also haven't been to the bathroom since before I left (travelling always messes with my regularity) so that may be even more once my system regulates (I know, TMI).

I'm wearing pants that a week ago were still cutting my too tight around the waist and I would have to have them unbuttoned. Today they are comfortable.

I am thinking that maybe I was over training myself before vacation which is why I wasn't seeing the scale move.
  • And to follow up. This technically puts me in the "Normal" range for my BMI
  • Quote: And to follow up. This technically puts me in the "Normal" range for my BMI
    Congrats!!! That's awesome!!!

I should warn you though that a lot of people say it takes a little while for the weight gain to show on the scale. Yeah, I know, it doesn't make sense to me either. Hopefully it was that you "over-trained" yourself, and walked more than you thought. Either way, you've definitely earned a little veggie dance.

• Well, the good news is, I've been entering what I ate into Livestrong. (using generous guestimations) and I had 3 days under calories. 1 day right at 1600 (which is my limit) and one day at 2000. I didn't go over 2000 and my overall average came out to 1400 per day.
  • congrats chnkymonkey! being in the normal bmi range must feel good! i have heard that training really hard can sometimes cause the muscles to retain water. i've also heard that small changes to a program, like (for a brief time) slightly higher caolries or lower intensity exercise, can sometimes cause a loss because the body stops holding on to everything so carefully, like sometimes it's trying to preserve resources when the body is consistently on a rigorous program. but whatever the cause, i am happy for you!