3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Things...shifting? please help :[ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/206234-things-shifting-please-help-%5B.html)

yhahmd 07-03-2010 11:48 AM

Things...shifting? please help :[

So my measurements were great last week. This week? Not so much. Same measuring tape, same areas, we even double checked. I always have my mom do it for me. But things are reading WORSE than last week.

Could it be because my stomach is becoming less and moving up? If that even makes any sense :/ I'm so frustrated over what I saw today I almost want to cry. I won't, though, :p I'm just... I don't understand. I'm 4'9'', so I carry my weight in my stomach, which, well, sags pretty low. No offense to anyone here if this term isn't exactly embraced, but I used to have a "front ***." Now it's slowly dissapearing and flattening out, but I still have the fat at the bottom. Is it pulling itself up and shifting with the weight I continue to lose?

My body is pretty tiny compared to most people. My torso is significantly smaller than most, so I know things don't always add up 100%... maybe it's just... since my stomach is coming up, things elsewhere are.. moving to accomidate it? I don't know. :/ :(

jennyplain 07-03-2010 11:55 AM

Oh, I feel your pain! This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I only measure once a month, and last time the measurements were exactly the same as they had been a month before. Granted, I'd only lost about 5 pounds in that time, but I was really hoping I had built some muscle.

I don't know what to tell you about your particular situation, only that it definitely happens, and that it might just be that you're retaining water or bloated for some other reason or, yes, losing in some places but not in others. Sorry you're frustrated!

yhahmd 07-03-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennyplain (Post 3369297)
Oh, I feel your pain! This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I only measure once a month, and last time the measurements were exactly the same as they had been a month before. Granted, I'd only lost about 5 pounds in that time, but I was really hoping I had built some muscle.

I don't know what to tell you about your particular situation, only that it definitely happens, and that it might just be that you're retaining water or bloated for some other reason or, yes, losing in some places but not in others. Sorry you're frustrated!

I hope I'm just retaining water... Now that you mention it, I did sprinkle maybe a bit too much of flavoring on my popcorn last night...which is pretty high in sodium... I'll just have to re-measure Saturday. I measure every week, about. If not I go crazy with curiosity.:dizzy:

MissKelly 07-03-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yhahmd (Post 3369287)

Could it be because my stomach is becoming less and moving up? ... maybe it's just... since my stomach is coming up, things elsewhere are.. moving to accomidate it? I don't know. :/ :(

I know what you mean...makes sense to me. I see it happening on my own body where my stomach is tightening up & my belly button is moving up. It's all pulling "up & in." I'm showing change in my bi-weekly measurements so I am thinking that you're just dealing with some water retention.

Are you measuring first thing as you would when you weigh yourself...after elimination, before drinking, before eating?

yhahmd 07-03-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissKelly (Post 3369455)
I know what you mean...makes sense to me. I see it happening on my own body where my stomach is tightening up & my belly button is moving up. It's all pulling "up & in." I'm showing change in my bi-weekly measurements so I am thinking that you're just dealing with some water retention.

Are you measuring first thing as you would when you weigh yourself...after elimination, before drinking, before eating?

I measure about 5-10 min after I get up and go to the bathroom. Same time when I weigh myself.

QuilterInVA 07-03-2010 03:42 PM

You really shouldn't measure more than once a month unless you can handle fluctuations like this. It takes a month for the body to shift and make the permanent measurement changes. You could have been a little bloated today, etc.

eclipse 07-03-2010 03:50 PM

The other thing is - it's really hard to measure in exactly the same spot every time. 1/4 of an inch up or down and you can get a completley different measurement. I have this issue with my hips a lot.

Natalia 07-03-2010 07:25 PM

You're probably just bloated! Keep on keeping on, and they WILL get lower, they have to.