Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 10:37 PM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Just half a minute to say hello. Again, I have been working what seems like constantly. 2 more stores and I can be done with by bra stuffing! Woohoo!!!

I will be gone all weekend. Theatre jobs again for both Saturday and Sunday. Also have to fit in my nephew's birthday party and a lunch AND dinner job on Sunday. I'm going to be one woopped puppy when I get through.

Welcome to Tontoy and MsChris. Shells, I think I welcomed you before, but if not, consider it done. I'm glad to see all the new faces. This is really wonderful!

I know there's a bunch of stuff from each of you that I should be responding to, but I'm really sorry that I don't have the time tonight. Please bear with me. By the third week of October my calender looks like it's freeing up a little. (for now! )

Gotta run. Love to all.
Old 10-05-2002, 04:27 AM   #17  
Progress..not perfection

Default I have one thing to say...........

and one thing only.

This is my BEFORE picture!
Old 10-05-2002, 06:14 AM   #18  
Progress..not perfection

Talking One more time....

This is it!
Old 10-05-2002, 06:17 AM   #19  
I'm on my way!

YOU GO GIRL!!
Old 10-05-2002, 07:39 AM   #20  
a work in progress...

...cue the "Rocky" theme...da da dada da da da dada da...da da dada da da da dada da...........gonna fly now!

THAT'S MY GIRL!!!

I KNEW the threat of Michelle and Lucky and I coming to kick your butt would do the trick!!
(She said in her best Barney Fife voice)
And not a moment too soon...that would have been a HUGE detour, heading over to Minnesota for Lucky, then we'd have to stop and pick up Baylee, cuz, you know, we're THERE...and of course we'd demand some of her pasta salad...so she'd have to make more, or bring us to the party...and, oh well, it would have taken WAY too long!!!

{{{{{{HUgS}}}}}} and welcome back!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 10-05-2002 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:27 AM   #21  

Thin, WHAT are lunch and dinner jobs????? I think I want your life!!!!

Baylee, DON’T open those windows…it’s cold out. You must like to cook it seems you always are…and now for others. What a trooper. What rock & roll do you like? 50’s, 60’s???? It has to be one of those because after that there wasn’t any!!!!

Okay first, Tina, I have to apologize and hope you don’t take offense BUT when I saw your picture and “before” statement this flashed through my brain “ her after picture will have both boobs almost fitting under the STEWART on her shirt”. NOW there is a GOAL!

Kat, don’t ever stop posting – I love the way your mind thinks. By the way, Baylee and I would be worth those few extra miles on the way to Tennessee.

I still have some rearranging to do in my computer room to get it just right, then I have to start planning my time better. I have started taping the shows I like to watch on TV so I can watch them when “I” have the time. Like on Saturday mornings I listen/watch Oprah and Dr. Phil from the previous week. There aren’t that many shows I really like anyway and I can watch them on the weekend when I have more time, because NO ONE has sent me that hunk yet. Anyway, I need to free up time after I get home from work at 6PM so I can get exercise in….I know, you are looking to see who’s post you are REALLY reading but it’s me, Lucky!!!!!

Keep posting Tina, I am following your lead!!!!
Old 10-05-2002, 09:59 AM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking I'M BACKKKKKK !!!!!!

Hi guys !!!

I am home for few days again FINALLY. I have not read any of the posts I missed... including this thread. Just popping in to post. Later today I will do all my reading.

It has been a rough week emotionally. The doctor recommended hospice for my mom and then later said she could have as much as a year. It puts a lot of stress on the whole family.

I am happy to announce I stayed on program the whole week.
And I had to walk what seemed liked miles in the hospital. At the beginning of the week I had to stop and rest. By Friday I could make the whole distance not stopping. I give total credit to my WOE. I also got in more water. The bad news is.... I had to see myself in window reflections constantly and I DID NOT like what I saw. Being soooo large and so old ... I REALLY have that fat person waddle. That swaying from side to side. It is sooo embarrassing. You not only see your own reflection in the windows... you also see the reflections of others staring at you. It was very hard to keep going back to the hospital to see my mom.

Add to that, the fact that everyone is getting their family reunion photos developed and there are dozens of fat photos of you floating around. LOL. I am of course the fattest one there.
Then my dad keeps telling me how FAT my brother is getting. He holds a photo up to me and says "Look at that.... he is getting BIG !!!!" (At this point he blows up his cheeks to simulate fat.)

Add to that ... my sister and I had a little tiff too. It was not my favorite trip.
Except.... I stayed on program.

I have not read any of the old posts I missed this week.
I do not know what has happened here.
I wish I had time to go read all of the posts I missed... but at this time I don't. I just wanted to say good morning to everyone. I also wanted to share that due to all of you... I have been on program again. I have been able to walk longggggg hallways, I have been able to handle emotional situations, I have been able to see myself in reflections and not go hide away or go overeat.
Thanks to this WOE and the people here... I am stronger and healthier. THANK YOU !!!!

I want to end with this post I found. Entitled... "Don't be afraid of failure"

You've failed many times, although you may not remember.
You fell down the first time you tried to walk.
You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim, didn't you?
Did you hit the ball the first time you swung a bat?
Heavy hitters also strike out.
R.H. Macy failed seven times before his store in NY caught on.
English novelist John Creasey got 753 rejection slips before he published 564books.
Babe Ruth struck out 1,330 times, but he also hit 714 home runs.
Don't worry about failure. Worry about the chances you miss when you don't even try.
Old 10-05-2002, 01:26 PM   #23  

Angry Hello my lovelies!

Tina... YIP-YAHOO-WOO-WOO-WOOHOO-YEAH! See? Like you, I can be concise and to the point!

2Cute... I'm SO glad you're back! I've been missing you and wondering how things were with your family. Sounds like you had an emotionally draining couple of days (make that months)! You're so awesome! Not all families are lucky enough to have someone like you! I'M SO HAPPY YOU STAYED OP! It was wonderful to hear that! With that kind of determination, you definitely have the ability to make it to your goal!

Baylee... You've been doing fantastic on your diet and exercise lately! Don't let a couple of bad days take that all away from you! Honestly, just decide, from this moment on, you're back OP and forgive yourself those couple of "off" days. Get thy butt back to WW! This I command!

Today is gonna be another pretty busy day. It's my BIL's b-day so we're heading into Toronto for a sushi dinner...YUCK! It was the b-day boy's choice so I'll suck it up! (Not literally... I most likely won't touch it!) Oh well, that's ONE way to diet! Before we actually head off though, we still need to find a present for the boy and possibly visit IKEA (as we have to pass right by it anyway!).

All, of course, is well on the diet front although I DID give into the temptation of my scale this morning! One more pound down. Good.

Sara
270/195/150
Old 10-05-2002, 01:57 PM   #24  
a work in progress...

Ooh, Sara! I love sushi! If you won't eat the raw stuff, try something steamed. At least, get the seafood salad, if they offer it...it is SO good!

HI 2cute! Wecome back and congratulations on staying OP!

To the Minnesota Twins... Of course it would be worth it picking you guys up!! Wouldn't that be fun?! A big ol' road trip with all of us aboard! Maybe we'll wait til Spring, so that we can see your tulips in bloom, Miss Lucky. I'd like to do some transplanting, if it ever gets cool again. 88 degrees today...

Lots to do today...I had great intentions of hitting the gym right after work this morning, had my bag packed and in the car...but I was just paralyzed with fatigue...so I came home and slept. But NOW...I'm all rested up and rarin' to go! My goal is some form of exercise EVERY DAY. Of course AND eat well AND drink all my water AND journal too...that goes without saying!

CHAT TONIGHT, ANYONE??? I could probably be available around 7 or 8 o'clock est...

Have a good day, all...
Old 10-05-2002, 03:17 PM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

I'll try to be on at 6 central thats 7 eastern
Old 10-05-2002, 03:36 PM   #26  

Cool BOOOO!

Boo! Chatting when I can't make it! Hee, hee... have fun guys! I'll be scrunching up my nose at sushi while you're chatting!

We're off to get that b-day present!

See ya'll tomorrow!
Sara
Old 10-05-2002, 03:58 PM   #27  

Me ! me! I can chat....I am Central too, Mary....6PM....just go to the 3FC's chat room and we will have one for just us, right????? Not that others couldn't be there but I mean I shouldn't go to the main chat, right?

I plan to be there BUT my brother is threatening to beat his oldest son (17) so I may have to go and save his life as he gets home about 6:15PM. My nephew was speeding and making the truck go in circles with his sister in the truck. He then tried to take the corner and spun into the stop sign and broke if off. Luckily our farmer neighbor came by and helped them out of the ditch. But the stop sign has to get fixed or my brother pays big time to replace it PLUS "the" nephew lied to his parents three times before the truth came out. AND if the stop sign hadn't stopped them he could have ended up knocking down the power lines and hitting my house. See why he is in trouble!!!! I just keep telling his siblings to learn from his mistakes...this is just one more in a long line of many. I think I will go and hug my cat!!!

See ya at 6.....
Old 10-05-2002, 09:25 PM   #28  
a work in progress...

Mucho fun was had this evening, chatting with Lucky and some others that joined in. I think we should really try to set a date for our crowd... snob that I am. Not really, I just think it would be fun to laugh at each other's spelling mistakes! Mine especially!

Well...I had a shaky few moments there this afternoon, when the Oreo bug hit...I ate four, thinking, "That's okay, just count the points." and then I ate four more! But I did count the points! All 8.5 of them! Plus milk, of course. It left me with a grand total of 3.5 points for dinner...hmmm...I had to get creative there. But I had a BIG salad, added some turkey and swiss cheese to it, which made me go over a little, BUT...the 30 minutes of TAE BO earned me 4 exercise points!! Woo hoo! This is fun! Really!

I have to jump in the shower in a few...and then back to work at 11. I bought myself some XXL exercise leggings and some new T shirts at Target today. Gonna break 'em in tomorrow at the gym. I'm REALLY going after work this time. I swear.

TINA!!! O ye of the cute before picture...WELL???

Hi to all, hope you're having a fun filled weekend...at least a restful one!

Love ya!
Old 10-06-2002, 12:37 AM   #29  
Progress..not perfection

Default Do not post here!!!

Do not post here!!!
Instead, come and join us and all our friends at 300+ And Ready To Try Again #224!!
Closed Thread