Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

OP, you need to look back at this:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...st-blew-3.html

If you are not ready yet, nobody will judge you (we have all been there), but be honest with yourself. Rationalizing the same eating habits you had before will keep you in the same position as before. You can't do the same thing and expect a different result. Are you ready for real commitment? Only you can answer that.

Yes, it is just one day. So is Friday, so is your friend's birthday, so is the 7th day of "dieting", etc. See what happens when you rationalize? There is a difference between a treat, and making an excuse to just go overboard. I'm not sure which one you want, but one can keep you on plan and one will keep you behind, so choose wisely.

Last edited by sacha; 07-02-2010 at 11:07 AM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #32  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

i wouldnt say cheat im just going to try to eat within my budget and now overeat! Nothing is off limits to me since i calorie count but i will pay attention to what I eat
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #33  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

We'll be grilling out for the 4th, and I'm on vacation that whole week, & have family visiting. So there WILL BE more food than usual around the house, and there will be restaurant outings as well.

However, I do choose to have a cheeseburger on the 4th. We use low-fat beef, 2% cheese, and whole wheat buns - so our cheeseburgers are not "off plan" to begin with! - But I plan dessert to be fresh fruit and low-fat, no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream. HALF A CUP! - gotta watch those portion sizes!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #34  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

I'm making room in my plan for a sliver of lemon ice-box pie. I have been looking forward to our '4th' celebration, but after memorial day (UGH) I have decided instead of 'a little of everything in moderation' I am going to take the 'choose ONE' road.

I can't eat cheeseburgers AND potato salad AND a dessert AND have a cocktail and still hope to be anywhere near my plan. And summer is full of those 'once a year things' like Memorial Day, 4th of July, a handful of birthdays ... heck, its ALMOST as bad as Christmas holidays.

I'd be 'cheating' every weekend.

No. I wantto reach my goals more than I want a grilled burger. And honestly... if I am going to allow myself a 'holiday' meal-- I can think of dozens of other ways I would rather spend those calories (Cheesecake! MMM!)
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #35  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

We are going to a festival on July 4th and luckily for me I know what they serve & can plan for it Mainly I'll be eating boiled crawfish...the sodium might suck but it's all good!

We are getting together with friend tomorrow for a BBQ at my house so I'll have regular hamburgers, etc for everyone but I have chicken patties for me, sandwich thins for the bun and lots of fresh veggies!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #36  
On the trip to a new me!

S/C/G: 276/*see ticker*/160

Height: 5'6

Even though it sounds good to let yourself have a day... I'm not going to do it! I have to work to hard to get off the calories and then the next day Ifeel horrible because my body is not used to cheeseburgers and french fries anymore. It's my 2 year wedding anniversary on the 4th and the new and imporved me is going to SHINE!!!!!!!!!!! Not the other FAT me! lol So only healthy foods for me!
successfulhannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #37  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

There's healthy options that you can have without feeling guilty. But, if I remember correctly, you were talking about getting back on plan asap, as you cheated and had a cheeseburger and ice cream on day 3. You can't make a lifestyle change permanant if you are having a lot of "cheat" days.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:13 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 261/261/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
OP, you need to look back at this:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...st-blew-3.html

If you are not ready yet, nobody will judge you (we have all been there), but be honest with yourself. Rationalizing the same eating habits you had before will keep you in the same position as before. You can't do the same thing and expect a different result. Are you ready for real commitment? Only you can answer that.

Yes, it is just one day. So is Friday, so is your friend's birthday, so is the 7th day of "dieting", etc. See what happens when you rationalize? There is a difference between a treat, and making an excuse to just go overboard. I'm not sure which one you want, but one can keep you on plan and one will keep you behind, so choose wisely.
I agree!!! The thing is a treat is just that and I see nothing wrong with it as long as it is not habitual. I had to stop dieting with my bf because there was always some special occasion.

I do not starve myself and I make it a choice everyday not to over eat. I will eat what I want on the 4th....but it will be only the things I really want to treat myself to and with reasonable portions.

I am not sure if you have tried WW before but it really helps me bc I can eat anything I want without guilt and all I have to do is make sure I watch portions v.s. points.

A nibble here and there isn't going to throw me off but I stopped using the word CHEAT just recently because all I was doing was cheating myself! I used the "cheat" day as a way to eat whatever I wanted and then I couldn't stop and I would have binges a have to start all over again. You have to look at it less like a restrictive diet and more like choices that you make. Really look at your reasoning too...When I wanted to lose weight bc I was fat I failed miserably. Now I think of it as taking responsibility to do what is best for my health by making choices that are beneficial for me. It is soooo not about the pounds you lose or don't it is about something much bigger than that. It is about finding who you are and making YOU your top priority.

angiemo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #39  

Height: 5'6

you ladies are completely right. i already messed up my day 3. i don't care that it's a holiday- i'm gonna eat healthy!!
neveragainbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #40  
Tab

S/C/G: 300/270/150

Height: 5'3"

I admit i am a little scared about the holiday coming up. I am going to a place I am unfamilar with, to meet people I do not know, and whose eating habits are also unknown. I debated not going, or bringing some substitutes, but I think it's a good chance for me to practice self control.

I am going to go, and eat things I like, and force myself to remember I don't have to stuff myself to enjoy it. Here's hoping!

That's all anyone really has to do!

Last edited by tabathana; 07-02-2010 at 01:26 PM.
tabathana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #41  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

i'm not going to go way off plan. it's too early in the process for me, especially given sugar and binge issues, to go off plan in any sort of significant way, even for a special occasion.

i have been thinking about this approaching holiday and trying to plan ahead so all my decisions are made before i get there. we're going to a huge celebration thing with lots of food and fireworks. so i found out what will be there and decided ahead of time. the only thing i may do is have a decaf coffee with cream, but still undecided on that. i have switched to green tea instead of coffee and i have been temporarily off dairy. but that may be the one thing i have, one cup of decaf with cream.

hope everyone has a great holiday!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #42  

Height: 5'9

Why can't you eat chilli? Just save the calories somewhere else.
Leonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #43  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

Naw, there are far to many "holidays" and if I were to "cheat" on every one of them I'd be cheating way more often than is good for me.

Can't use holidays as and excuse to over due it. Op the fair is in town, don't get fair food that much gotta have it! OH, it's a pot luck at work . . it's just one day. Such and such restaurant has a 'limited' food item, gotta try it before it's gone! It's 'insert whatever here' - time to indulge!

There are always excuses to eat things we know aren't good for us, gotta just move past them and focus on your goals.

Last edited by MeowMix; 07-02-2010 at 02:17 PM.
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote