Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Welcome nia and want2!!

Jen, I know exactly what you mean! I just saw an all time low and I'm afraid that for my official WI tomorrow (even though I've been OP) I'm going to be right back up to where I was. Ugh.

love2b, I know what you mean the weather here has been crazy with huge storms every other day... I'm glad you like the hummus how is the dried tomato kind I've never tried it? And it might be scary if you see a gain at first, but you really will just need to wait it out! I've heard great things about zig zagging (or cycling) calories and if you're needing to bust through a plateu I bet it will do the trick! Good luck!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 07-13-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #227  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Fashin The Sun Dried Tomato is a little bland so I figure I'll mix it with the Chitpotle or the Garlic flavors when I eat them. I am really surprised that I have never tried hummus before.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:06 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

fashin, i hope the weigh in is lower than your new all time low. That would me a nice motivation. But if it isn't or it is up--remember that is just one picture of a moment in time. You are STILL on a downward trend.

Good job.

Love and fashin, i like hummus. Too expensive in store. So i buy a can of chickpeas, chop them up in food processor, add seasonings and a little olive oil--the sky is the limit to what you like in it. Chickpeas are really agreeable with almost everything. They have high protein too.

Alright, i am to bed.

Last edited by jendiet; 07-14-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:51 AM   #229  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

July 13

1 Iced coffee 50
2 homemade blueberry muffins 300
= 350

Red Robin Honey Mustand chicken Sandwich 900
fries 400
4 cookies 250
= 1,550

turkey sandwich 230
tomato salad 60
= 290

Total = 2,190

Exercise,
Ped= 6,200 ~ I got my new Ped and that’s more like it.
50min pilates
50min weights

Weight,

Veil, sorry to lose you but I hope your new plans work well for you.

Impala, sorry to hear about the grave digging part, but maybe gardening would be more fun.

Welcome, to the new members glad to have you join us
Old 07-14-2010, 02:49 AM   #230  

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
You can do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
You can do it! We will be here to cheer you on!
We will be here to cheer you on!
Welcome welcome and good luck!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:22 AM   #231  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Ginat Yarak Hi and Welcome!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #232  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Thank you to all your welcomes.........

Today I choose to make better choices. How about you.

Have a great day....
Leann
Old 07-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #233  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone

jendiet - interesting, thanks for sharing

Welcome to the thread neofabo and want2bfit4me

loveAcat - well done on saying no to that ice cream!

love2b150 - I have never tried canned chicken, what is it like?? I'm kinda weirded out by it because I don't know anyone who has even tried it. But it would definitely be an easy protein to keep in the pantry along with canned tuna.

Impala - awww poor birdie Digging counts as exercise

So last night my back was playing up again - one day after my Chiro appointment! I was so upset, I was in sooo much pain I was crying and considering going to Emergency to see if there was something really really wrong (and perhaps prescribe me some really strong pain killers). But I didn't I took some muscles relaxants and Tylenol (a lot of Tylenol!) and then took a hot bath and then after the bath sat with a heat pad for about 30mins and my back felt a little better so I could finally get to bed. It still feels kinda sore this morning but not terrible. Going to make an appointment with my RMT ASAP I really just want to find something that will giev me some relief for a few days!

Anyway - here is my plan for the day 7/14/2010

B - 1/4 cup oatmeal w/ natural peanut butter and honey + 1 cup watermelon + 1 light Babybel cheese

S - 1 Yoghurt

L - 1/3 cup whole wheat pasta w/ 1 small can tomato and onion flavoured tuna mixed in + 1 cup green beans sprinkled with a little salt

S - 1 Banana

D - What I was supposed to have last night

Drinking: Skipped my morning coffee this morning and opted for a cup of green tea + 2L water throughout the day + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: If it's raining, Wii Fit Plus - If no rain, 30min brisk walk with the dog

Have a happy, healthy and OP day

Last edited by L R K; 07-14-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 260/244.8/190

Height: 5' 8"

28 today...funny how time flies...

I'm wondering if I am eating enough. I eat when I am hungry, not on a schedule. I also eat when things are emotional, which thankfully hasn't been a problem lately. Yesterday, for example, I ate dinner and supper. That was it. I think I was in the 1300 calorie range. My total calories were in the 1600 range + I had extra calories (according to dietpower) for the calories burned in exercise. I'm confused about it all. Isn't the idea to burn calories to lose weight? Why is this program telling me I can eat more to make up for the calories I just burned off?

Budgeted Calories: 1637

Breakfast: coffee (308 ) The cream is gone and I am NOT buying more!
Snack: none
Dinner: 1c spinach, 1c romaine, 1/4c tomatoes, 2T ranch, 1/4c shredded cheddar, 1c baked sweet potato fries, 32oz crystal light (406)
Snack: 2T peanut butter, 4 multi-grain club crackers (253)
Supper: 2 chicken fajitas (559)
Boredom: no-bake cheesecake, 1 can dr. pepper (391)

Water: 82oz
Total Calories: 2144

Last edited by springjacka; 07-15-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 311/239/154

Height: 5'8"

Thank you to everyone for the welcomes!

Brunch - Scrambled egg on toast, without buttering the toast
Still having tiger bread though, need to use pester power to switch the family to wholemeal, but we've just been buying what's on offer. Maybe if I get the chance I could bake some this week

Dinner - Was planning a chicken and orange cous cous salad, but the weather is so rotten mum has requested something warm and comforting.
Having some mini meat loaf from the freezer with slimming world oven chips and houmous instead. I'm a houmous lover too!

Drinking:
Nothing but water as usual

Exercise:
Did my mind programming CD last night (I'm doing Paul Mckenna's system) - chose the exercise one and I'm shocked by how up for exercise I've been today. During ad breaks on tv, I worked with soupcan dumbbells, did press ups, sit ups and some of Jane Fonda's leg and arm exercises. May go on the bike later if my knees are feeling up to it.

Planning to look into some soups for the rest of the week's lunches since the horrible weather seems set to continue.

Went for my weigh in this morning and the scales are playing up again - tried 6 times and they varied from 18 stone to 15 stone 13! (should be somewhere in the middle). I was looking at new sets the other day - I think I'll see if Tesco have any going cheap because these ones are really close to giving up the ghost and eat batteries like I like to eat kettle chips! I think I've lost a bit this week and TOM means I've probably lost some water weight since last week.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #236  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hello Everyone ... hope everyone has a totally OP day

Jen it's my new love We have a store here called Aldi, we actually just got it about 3 months ago. They have there own brand of items at wonderful prices and it taste pretty good. I got the hummus for $1.69 per 8oz container. I don't know if that's good or bad since I have never purchased it before. But I have heard people say that it is quite expensive. They also have a line of low calorie foods called Fit & Active which are really good also. I have learned on here from you all to watch the sodium so everything that says low fat isn't exactly not good for us. I want a food processor but I think my husband thinks I'll have him eating something mushy so he doesn't want to buy it :laughing:.

Lauren, it is exactly like tuna. It's in chunks. My son was the one that said let's try it, so we did. One of the good things they ask for Swanson is a good brand, I have also purchased the Walmart brand. It's nothing like chicken nuggets or patties. Lauren I feel for you on the back ache. My mid back to shoulder/shoulder to elbow have been really bothering me, not sure why and it's off and on ... had me up a 4ish this morning, couldn't sleep. Hope we get some relief soon.

want2bfit4me, Laughing to myself ... I'm making great choices with my calorie/food intake ... my scale just isn't noticing it

Ginat Yarak

springjacka

Last edited by love2b150; 07-14-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #237  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

LaurenA - I feel you on pack pain. I must be going on more then a month now of mine hurting. I have been to the chrio a few times and the RMT a few times. Finally I was so mad and in so many pain I did go to emergency and they basically treated me an idiot. They gave me sleeping pills and told me to get out. That was last Monday. Last Thursday I went to my family doctor and he put some freezing shots in my back - they have worn off since, so back hurts again but not like it was. He also gave me some crazy pain killer cream/nerve that I put on 4-6 times a day and it seems to be helping... more then most other things anyway. I am going to the spa on Saturday and seeing a RMT there and going to sit in there hot tub... I hope it goes away soon. The pain actually started like 2 months ago, but wasn't bad for the first few weeks. My grandma gave me a chair thing this weekend that heats and massages, using it now... hope it helps. Anyway, just wanted to say you are not alone!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #238  

love2b - I totally love food processors! I'm back living with parents at the moment, and getting to use mum's makes me wonder how I ever did without them. I find they're really handy for sneaking vegetables into things (I'm a complete veg hater) and definitely don't make everything mushy. Would love to make hummus in it as well, getting tahini is putting me off a bit as it's a new ingredient for me.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #239  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Zing - I never put tahini in my hummus. I have it, but I don't really like it. And I love my food processor too - I use it to sneak in veggies as well. Sometimes I use a hand blender for hummus, gives it a bit of a chunkier texture - kinda nice. I love hot sauce in hummus, yum yum. I think I am going to make hummus and falafel's tonight - must get chickpeas!

Last edited by sotypical; 07-14-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #240  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
Zing - I never put tahini in my hummus. I have it, but I don't really like it. And I love my food processor too - I use it to sneak in veggies as well. Sometimes I use a hand blender for hummus, gives it a bit of a chunkier texture - kinda nice. I love hot sauce in hummus, yum yum. I think I am going to make hummus and falafel's tonight - must get chickpeas!

That's cool, what do you put in yours then? Just chick peas, garlic, lemon and olive oil?
I found some sweet chilli hummus in the reduced cabinet of the supermarket last week - so nice! I used to get a lemon and coriander one that was lovely, but they don't seem to do it anymore alas!
Falafel burgers with pittas, salad, and spicy potatoes are on my menu for next week. Am telling the family that I'm just making "Greek burgers" as a vegetarian meal would probably lead to trouble!
Closed Thread