Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #16  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

I bought a new wrap dress a while back - a size 16W. I figured with it being a wrap dress I would be able to wear it a while with losing weight. Wrong. I've lost 10 lbs since I bought the dress and it's too big. I took it back tonight and exchanged it for different style dress in a size 14 in Misses and got a second dress. I can't believe I bought two size 14 missy dresses - woo hoo. Now, there is no way I could get my behind into a size 14 in pants, but a dress worked. They are that stretchy material so that's another reason why I could wear the 14, but I am so excited. It wasn't too long ago that I wouldn't have even been able to come close to wearing the 16W, let alone a regular 14. These dresses should fit me for a while because of the styles they are - at least I hope so.

7-1-10

84+ ounces water
lots of coffee

Breakfast:
Protein Shake

Lunch:
Steak
Steamed veggies

Snack:
Apple
Pear

Dinner:
Church's Chicken (one leg and one thigh)
Cantaloupe

Approximately 1245 calories.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #17  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Food check-in!

5 cans of V8 (there really is no defense I can offer for the number except that I hate vegetables in traditional formats) -150 calories
2 yoghurts - 220 calories
1 slice turkey- 50 calories
14 pieces pepperoni-130 calories
1 string cheese- 50 calories
1 packet ramen- 400 calories

Yes, I eat pretty unclassily, but I'm actually pretty proud of today. All food groups were represented, and although I was hungry for a bit I felt a lot better after all the protein.

Total: 1000 on the nose! And I got around to freezing my usual 200 calorie bowl of grapes for tomorrow, so that'll be good. I'm also going to the movies. :/ As far as tragedies of the day, my scale is out of batteries and I don't have any more of the right sort. So, maybe a few days without weighing. Guess I can't do anything but stay on plan and try not to worry about it. I will do what I will do and my weight will do what it will do.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:49 AM   #18  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Sweetcaroline Hi and Welcome!

Kris WTG! Those smaller sizes are a great way to stay motivated. Yesterday I went to try on jeans again. Right now I am in size 20 jeans. The 18's actually fit. I think I am going to try to get out of the teens and then try on the a size 16W or 18 Misses. I have been buying jeans quite regular (not designer). I buy 3 pair at a time. That way I can get into the smaller sizes. It feels really good.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #19  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! The weekend is here! It's going to be a long weekend for us. We are going to be closed on Monday to observe the 4th of July. I hope everyone has fun but stays safe.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-02-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #20  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Diana ~ It does feel great to get into smaller sizes. I haven't really bought any pants - other than a few garage sale finds. I had some smaller sizes that I already owned that I've gone down into and even though they are looking pretty bad I'm still wearing a lot of the bigger sizes. Right now I can wear a variety of sizes (depending on what it is) ~ I'm really looking forward to saying "I'm a size _____" instead of the wide mix I currently have.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I leave on Sunday to go see the new grandbaby ~ I'm ready, but know I will need to stay focused on the food plan while I'm there.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #21  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

July 1

Iced coffee 50
cereal 110
banana 100
milk 50
=310

6 meatballs 280
can of veg soup 220
=500

chicken breast 150
pasta 100
mixed veggies 100
cornbread 150

6 pieces homemade fudge 1,140

{who knew fudge had that many calores????}

Total = 2,450

Exercise,
Ped =1,770
60min weights

Weight,
218.8 down 1.6

Serbrider, we all get a little nuts over our pets.

Welcome, Caroline, Wysteria, and Impala!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #22  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Right, today:

Breakfast:
Kallo rice puffs and semi skimmed milk again. Inventive :/

Then, to the gym for 45 minutes of **** aka spinning class. Dear lord it was hot. I was dripping at the end x.x

Lunch:
Jacket potato with cheese and baked beans. Mmm. And an energy drink because I honestly thought I was about to pass out.

Snack:
Three squares of Lindt Irish coffee chocolate. Be nice, Mother Nature is visiting still.

Dinner:
Oven baked potato wedges and a Quorn peppered steak with sweetcorn and peas. MMM.

And now, I'm enjoying a vodka and orange. I don't know how many calories I've taken in today but it's actually probably not as many as I think.

Writing down what I eat is really helpful because I realise I haven't eaten that many vegetables or fruit today. It's weird when I'm at home because I eat less of these here, at work I'm nibbling on apples and grapes throughout the day. I am really picky about my fruit and veg though. I will only eat broccoli, carrots, peas, sweetcorn and cauliflower, and for fruit I will only eat apples, grapes and at a push raspberries and strawberries. Ugh. Still working on this!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #23  
Tab

S/C/G: 300/270/150

Height: 5'3"

Looks like I get to join in!

Lets see..

Goal - 1200 calories daily
Breakfast
---------
Slimfast - 180

So far so good, but I feel hungry and it's only been 2 hours. Fighting hard to drink only water. And motivation for exercise is nill. Poop.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #24  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I need to get back on track. I doubt it will happen this weekend, but I am posting what I am eating regardless. I probably wont add up the calories. But just a start to try and get back on track.

Breakfast:
2 slices high fibre toast w/ fired egg, ham
soda crackers, couple cheese crackers

Snack:
venti light frap from Starbucks
oat fudge bar

Lunch:
baby carrots and 5 falafel balls with tzatziki
6 pork and veggie potstickers

Dinner:
probably going for chinese with my mom

On a good note, I did go to the pool this morning! I only swam about 1200m but it's a start!

Last edited by sotypical; 07-02-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #25  
Trying to live below 200

tabathana Hi and Welcome!

Courtnie I definitely encourage you to post even though you don't feel you have done well on a particular day. Sometimes you can learn from your own posts or others can as well. We're not perfect. All of this is a work in progress. You may not think you are going to do well during the weekend, but maybe you can do well the next meal, and then the next. Take it one step at a time. You may do better than you think.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Mama, congrats on the lower size that's very exciting!!

Courtnie, you can do it!

It's quarter end at work so we've been crazy busy and will be all this month. I have been doing well, only went above my calories yesterday. My bf's nephew's 2nd birthday party was at McDonald's last night at 6:30 so that's what we had for dinner. I tried to plan, but no matter what you eat there the sodium is horrendous and the scale shows it today. Oh well, back OP!

7/2/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (420)
large cup of coffee w/ 3 tbsp ff Coffee Mate cinnamon creamer- 75
1 Chick fil a biscuit (work bought breakfast)- 310
1 pkt strawberry jam- 35
H2O- 0

Lunch (370)
Lean Cuisine orange chicken w/ rice and edemame- 290
light & fit strawberry banana yogurt- 80
H2O- 0

Snack PM (140)
small gala apple- 60
string cheese- 80
H2O- 0

Dinner (515)
2 small soft tacos w/ extra lean ground beef w/ light taco seasoning, 2 tbsp beans, 2 tbsp light sour cream, 2 tbsp 2% shredded cheese, and lettuce- 370
1 small crunchy taco w/ extra lean ground beef w/ light taco seasoning, 1 tbsp light sour cream, 1 tbsp 2% shredded cheese, and lettuce- 145
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,445 calories
Old 07-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #27  

MamaP - congrats on the smaller size! That is so motivating. I'm sure you look great in the dress.

My Thursday:

breakfast - smoothie with skim milk, fat free organic plain yogurt, banana, and this nut butter combo (peanut, almond, and flaxseed and pumpkin seed) Super tasty and filling and good protein and carb combo

snack - coffee w/ skim milk

lunch - leftover piece of steak, couscous cooked with tomato sauce and spinach.

dinner - leftover arepa (colombian corn cake) with canned fat free refried beans, and some baby carrots

dessert - some dark chocolate. Mmmm.

Big NSV today - got up at 5:00 am to join a running group. It's called 'back on my feet' and is for people who are coming out of homelessness and/or substance abuse or other issues and those who want to support them. We met at the Boston Common and ran along the Charles River, a 3 mile loop. I ran the whole thing and was happy with my pace and just really enjoyed the whole experience. Everyone was supportive and cheering everybody else on, and just really positive. Too cool! Wearing my skinny pants today and generally feeling on top of the world. It's a three day weekend and it's beautiful outside - let's go enjoy it everybody!
Old 07-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #28  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Jumping in Hi!
My goal for July is just got get back on track losing weight. I weight more than ever right now, I've gained about 20 lbs this year and I've got to do something to put the brakes on that. We just went on vacation to cocoa beach and the pictures of me in a bathing suit (I went through many rounds of argument with myself over buying a bathing suit to begin with, I can't remember the time before this I last wore a proper bathing suit to the beach), well they made me want to cry a little bit. Haha.
So here I am, trying to catch the wagon and jump back on it. I weighed 217 lbs when we got home from vacation (a personal high), and I weighed 213 today, about five days later.
Today I ate:
A cheese roll up--I make a snack sized (a tortilla wrapped around a piece of light string cheese, 100 calories) but I had one with extra cheese (shredded mexican blend) for lunch today, 200 calories.
Fritos and bean dip 195 calories
and I had the last two Godiva chocolates in a gift box I'd been given before vacation. usually I eat boxes of chocolate in one sitting, or at least one day. Small triumph. Lol.
The chocolate was 100 calories (and to die for).
So total 500 calories so far.
I'm not sure what to have for dinner. I want a cheeseburger and fries, but that's really out of the question. Leads me to think I need some protein though. Maybe a California Kitchen Pizza (even if I eat the whole thing, which I wouldn't, it's only 900 calories!) or a salad with grilled chicken.
Excited to join
Old 07-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/125

Height: 5' 3"

Hi All,

Looks like this is a great, supportive group!

My goal is to lose at least 5 pounds this month by sticking to my daily calorie limits, recording all calories in FitDay, and being accountable for both by posting in this forum. If I also get in some daily walking, so much the better. So far for the first 2 days of this month, calories are right on target AND have been faithfully recorded in FitDay.

Diana, love your tracking of monthly progress. You are doing SO great! Very inspiring!

Penguin, Wysteria, Love2b, Impala, Kris, BlueRidge (congrats on the NSV), Serb, Caroline (fellow Red Sox fan here), Tabatha, Courtnie, Fashin, and Munchie: Good luck with your goals!

Mary
Old 07-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #30  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Diana, thanks for reminding me about the new thread! I feel like an idiot, every month I forget to jump to the new thread!

1650-calorie day (normally 2,000 on my zig-zag schedule, but I went over yesterday so I'm making it up)
Actual: 1600

Woke up reeeeally late today!

Breakfast/lunch:
Luna bar [150]
Veggie burger [250]

Dinner:
2 bean tostadas [600]
Refried beans [200]
Chips and salsa [400]
Closed Thread