Happy, but confused. Progress!

• I had to go away last week and was dreading what the scale would say. I've lost 8lbs though, which is awesome. I was expecting more, but hey I'm fine with that. But the biggest thing I've noticed is my measurements have gone down a lot.

On the 8th of June, when I started everything, I was at:

Thigh 25
    Waist 42
    Chest 45
    Arm 14
    Hips 52

And yesterday when I looked again I was at

Thigh 24
    Waist 37 1/2
    Chest (haven't measured that yet, got sidetracked)
    Arm 13 1/2
    Hip 46 1/2

This is good, right? I'm seeing changes, too, but should I be concerned the scale isn't reflecting any of them?
  • I just have to say congratulations! That's a lot of progress on the measurements. As far as the weight on the scale goes, don't be so concerned with it for now. 8lbs is a lot, and it's progress :] I'm sure you've lost more fat than just the 8lbs, but have put muscle/water weight/ etc in return. I'd say wait it out and the scale will catch up and reflect what you want to see!
  • You are making really good progress. Keep it up!
  • Changing body composition is one of the body's best surprises. Oh, yes! embrace it! enjoy it!

I often joke that someone should write a book ... "You Don't Really Want to Lose Weight. You Want to be Smaller"
  • I think the measurements carry more weight than the actual number on the scale. The measurements more closely reflect what you and other people see when they look at you. I weigh about the same now as I did, say, senior year of high school, but I'm more muscular and toned than I was then, so it looks pretty different than the same weight on an untoned body. I don't think the scale can ever tell the whole story.

That said, congrats on your measurement changes! You've made a lot of progress.
  • You are doing amazing! Losing inches off your body is what it's all about. The scale will eventually catch up as well. Weight loss never seems to follow the pattern we think it should but your body knows what its doing and its going to do it on it's own time and schedule. Enjoy the benefits

Quote: Changing body composition is one of the body's best surprises. Oh, yes! embrace it! enjoy it!

I often joke that someone should write a book ... "You Don't Really Want to Lose Weight. You Want to be Smaller"
    LOL, That's a good one I need to write that down somewhere as I am scared to "gain weight" through strength training but getting smaller is really what its all about
  • oh most definitely! that is how I lose weight. My body changes dramatically before I see a 5 lb loss! Congrats! I just posted about this. My abdomen is smoothing out, my hips are smaller, there is less fat to grab overall on my stomach...but the weight CREEPS off me.
  • Whew! I was worried there for a while. But I have even better news. I weighed myself again today and I'm down 13lb. I just blew past my first 10lb mini goal! I honestly can't believe it, considering all I ate all week was doritos and KFC (first binge I've had since starting), but hey, I'm not complaining!
  • That's fantastic! Congratulations! See? Try not to worry when you don't see the immediate affects of your efforts. If you're doing what you should the results will come :]
  • Those stats r Awesome!!!! Sometimes its better to go by inches lost then looking at the scale. Keep up the hard work that u r doing. GREAT JOB GIRL!!!!