Summer dress

• My 20yr class reunion is coming up. Seeing folks I haven't seen in 20yrs is exciting. Any chance I can lose 20lbs before I go? (kidding)

Reunion is up in north.

Talking with friends, it seems everyone is wearing a "summer dress". I'm from Florida - to me a summer dress is a sundress, casual, spagetti strapped thing. I'm so fashion backwards its not funny.

I've hit a couple local stores (more the marshall's type discount places) and I'm not impressed. I hate my body shape. Being small on top, big in the thighs, nothing ever fits right.

Its so frustrating trying to find clothes that are flattering and fit well. Its so demotivating to go shopping and not find something flattering.
  • Saw some nice summmer dresses/sun dresses on JC Penney online recently. And they were reasonably priced too. Maybe you can check it out.
  • Maybe trying going to a department store or a woman's clothing store with a staff who can help you pick something that looks good for your figure. If you don't want to spend the money (since those places are obviously more expensive), just take the advice they give and go back to a marshall's type place.

good luck, I'm sure you'll find something!
  • One of my favorite stores is Anthropologie. They have a great website of both sale and regular priced dresses. The thing I like about them is that their dresses are more unique. The only other thing I would caution is they can get a little spendy so I only shop their sale section online and buy just a few items a season. Good Luck!
  • Maybe this link will help you with finding looks that work with your body type:

http://shapeyourstyle.com/pear.php

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll find something and look amazing!
  • I would think an A-line dress would work well for you, and hide your larger bottom half. Or a nice A-line skirt with a top, so you can get different sizes if you need. Good luck!
  • I got lucky and found 3 dresses on the way home tonight. Bad accident on the highway had me take the slow way home and I was able to stop by a department store clearance shop. Picked up 3 cute dresses, now I have to decide which one to wear.

Amazing how different shopping experiences can really change your mood.
  • Maybe you can try Talbots they carry a lot of summer dresses.
  • Believe it or not, I found some super cute summer dresses at Ross today for $12.99. They have $75 tags on them and are very nice quality.

p.s. Glad you found some cute things!
  • Quote: Picked up 3 cute dresses, now I have to decide which one to wear.

Amazing how different shopping experiences can really change your mood.
    hahah so true! i'm sure we all have been mad for the rest of the day when we've cried in the dressing room.... but felt AMAZING for the day when something looked HOT in the dressing room!!