Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-01-2010, 05:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

Default Panic Button - It's Wedding Time!

No, not my own wedding, I am friends with the bride and groom. So this wedding is exactly 5 weeks away, I need to get serious about losing some more weight so I can feel my best! Also, the groom happens to be my ex-boyfriend's brother, yes my ex will be there, he is the best man! I want to look fabulous I'm hoping if I'm very diligent I can drop another 10 lbs. before their big day.

I also need some quick advice, I have to let the bride know ASAP whether it will be just me or if I will be bringing a guest. I'm single at the moment however I do have a close guy friend that would likely be willing to go with me. Should I just go it alone though? I will know a couple of people there, mostly the groom's (and my ex's) family, but I don't know a whole lot of their other friends. My ex and I are still friends but we don't still hang out together or anything (unless we see each other at a mutual friend's place).

I doubt I would worry so much about going alone except that it's my ex's brother's wedding, argh. He will be there with his new girlfriend (who I'm actually very good friend's with). I hate to admit I'm caring so much about my image but I don't want them to be saying "oh there's so-and-so's ex girlfriend, they broke up over a year ago and the poor thing is still single."

What would you do?
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #2  

I would go alone and have a good time. In fact, I did that last Saturday and had so much fun even though I knew almost no one there.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I agree, go and have a great time
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #4  

I'm going to another wedding 2 weeks after this one that I will be attending alone and I don't have a problem with it. I think it's just that I have this stupid hang up about this one because it's my ex-boyfriend's family
Old 10-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #5  

Well I basically just said "Screw it, I can go alone and be confident and have a fantastic time" and I called the bride and let her know I would be coming alone.

Now I just need to find a gorgeous dress and look hot when I go!

My goal is to go down 10 lbs. by the time the wedding rolls around. My weight loss has been a little slower than 2 lbs. per week but I've also been a little lax, time to step it up!

Last edited by Bombe; 10-01-2010 at 08:02 PM.