Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #16  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

leonor--hey that's cool, glad you found a gym you like. i'm avoiding sugar for now, and hopefully for a while, because i am addicted to sugar and have binge issues. for me, i can't just eat a little bit of sugar and stop. if i eat any then i go way overboard with it. so in order to stay on track and avoid a binge i am avoiding sugar. at least for now. it may be that at some time in the future i will get to a place where i can just have a little, but until then i need to stay away from it. which is not easy for me.

sweetepiphany--thanks! yes, i did the same thing, joined a while ago but didn't start posting until recently. i just feel like i need to do it in order to stay on track. and wow, you're doing great on plan for food and exercise for 4 days. that's great! you are kicking my butt on the exercise front! i love your signature.

ok so i made it through day 5 on plan for nutrition. it was hard. today was the continuation of the bad news from yesterday. and i am exhausted and stressed and would like to do nothing more than have way more calories than i need, all in sugar of course. but i have held steady all day. and i'm grateful to whatever it is that has allowed me to do that. i just tried to remember how cr*ppy i feel after a binge, how out of control i feel. and i don't want to feel that way. so feeling this way, which is having cravings and feeling uncomforable because of that, has to be something i can do. was down another half today, so celebrating that.

next up, exercise for tomorrow. i think i can i think i can i think i can.

hope everyone is having a great day!
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #17  
Muscle Memory

happily, i made it through day 6 on plan for nutrition. and... on plan for exercise. finally!

got on the treadmill for half and hour and even breifly (very very briefly) jogged at the end. i may need to recover a bit more from a respiratory infection before jogging for too long, but i'm going to keep trying and see what happens. i was so relieved to finally exercise and not have that hanging over me.

made it through a tense trip to the grocery store when i was hungry and binge/trigger foods were around every corner. (what am i nuts to go shopping when hungry? had no choice though, was out of food due to the unexpected schedule change the last few days and had to go while hungry.) but i made it.

scale was down a bit more today, which totally helped lift my spirits and helped with my motivation.

i am so grateful to be making some progress and so grateful for whatever is allowing me to do that. and so thankful to have this place to come to.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #18  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Ok, so today was rough mostly because I overslept which threw me for a loop. I ended up going to Starbucks for breakfast. Yikes! The first thing I did after eating that was google exactly how many calories I had just consumed. It was crazy! But I still stayed in my calorie range for the day, and worked out, so all is not lost. Yay 5 straight days of working out. I'm very happy about that, but I think that I have not eaten enough calories for today when I plug in the fact that I worked out. I guess that is what can happen when you wake up closer to lunchtime than breakfast.

Tomorrow is a new day. Hoping I will wake up on time, cook my own breakfast and get off to a good weekend.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #19  
Muscle Memory

sweetepiphany--congrats on staying in your calorie range for the day and working out, cool!

just checking in here quickly, busy day. i made it through day 7 on plan for nutrition and exercise. i really did not want to exercise. one of the reasons i got it done was because i knew i needed to come here and publicly post my accountability. if not for that, i think i would have found some reason to get out of it and tried to rationalize to myself that it was ok. i am so glad that i decided to be accountable in this way. i knew i needed it. i knew it was what i needed to be different this time. and i am so glad i'm doing it, because it is helping me to increase the potential of finally doing this for real. scale went down a bit today, and i am grateful.

hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!
Old 07-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #20  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

Thanks skygirl

Yesterday was interesting because I forgot that the gym was closed this weekend for the July 4th holiday. I live in a college town and go to the college gym, so they have weird schedules. Anyway, I go up there, and then see that there are no cars in the parking lot and remember it's closed. For a second, I wanted to just go home and do nothing. But, I drove to the outdoor track and walked for 40 minutes instead.

I feel so committed right now to my workout and eating plan. It's a great feeling.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #21  
Muscle Memory

sweetepiphany--good for you for still working out and not giving up when the gym was closed. that can be tough sometimes when something presents as an obstacle but you still find a way to do it (at least it can be for me ).

i stayed on plan today for nutrition and exercise. upped my treadmill workout to 40 minutes. scale went down a bit today, so glad.

week one summary, 7 days on plan for nutrition, 2 days on plan for for exercise, weight 11% towards goal. things i'm going to try to improve for week 2 include more workouts, and trying to start drinking my water earlier in the day so i'm not up all night.

challenges are that i have sugar cravings most days and binge cravings most days. also my mind is sort of in overdrive, wondering what if i can't keep up my new health and wellness lifestyle, what if i do keep it up but i don't lose any more weight, what if i do keep it up and i do lose more weight but i'm still not comfortable because of the damage the additonal weight caused.

but when any of that comes up i just keep reminding myself how stressed the way i was living was making me. ironic, i know, since too much of the wrong foods seemed like a reaction to or an escape from stress. but every time i do something to stay on plan i just feel such a huge sense of relief. and i remind myself that as hard as it can be for me to stay on plan, it is not as hard as being addicted and out of control and unhappy.

wishing everyone happiness and relief!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:21 AM   #22  

Height: 67.7

Hi Skygirl and every one else!

Skygirl, are you totally avoiding sugar? Sugar is actually addictive and if you go off sugar, you can struggle with sugar cravings. And I also know some artificial sweeteners also makes you crave sugar.

My dietitian said that I may have 3 teaspoons of sugar, and I'll still lose weight. Maybe you should also try to put sugar back in your diet, but maybe also have only 3 teaspoons a day like me.

I've also found that the very best way to ensure that you get a workout in is to go first thing in the morning. So try to go to bed earlier and get up earlier to exercise. If you do that you won't struggle to exercise.

Another thing that have worked for me, is to get non-exercise activities that also helps with weight loss. I have a dance class every Thursday and my fiancé and I plays tennis Saturday and Sunday mornings. See if you can also find some fun activities to do that will help you burn off some calories. What about taking belly dance or even pole dance classes?

Good luck, I hope you get on track with your exercise plan!
Suzie Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #23  

7 days into my diet I lost just a little over 3 pounds. That includes a gruesome 3 pounds I put on over night and which surely must be water retention because my body doesn't realize yet how fabulous I'll look when I hit my goal

Will register for the free 7 day trial pass for Gym by Wednesday. Will also get out my gym clothes and squeeze myself in.

Someone posted they pre-pack fruit into 100 calorie packs and I think I'll try that today because yesterday night I stole some chips on the way to bed

I totally understand the avoidance of triggers that lead to overeating. There are some dishes I don't even want to try (yet) because I love them so much I'll just eat and eat and eat.
Leonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #24  
Muscle Memory

susieparker--thanks! yeah, i'm avoiding sugar, because i'm addicted to it and it's a trigger food for binges, so i have to be completely off of it, at least for now. i'm sure i'll have sugar and binge cravings for the rest of my life, since it's so addictive, but i think it's worse at the beginning. i totally agree on getting up early for workouts. i even set that as a goal for last week, i just didn't succeed. but i'll keep trying. i'm in a bit of a night owl phase at the moment and it's been a challenge shifting back. i've seen some segments on tv about pole dancing classes for exercise, looks fun.

leonor--congrats on your loss! that rocks! i know what you mean about water weight gains overnight. not a fun thing to see on the scale the next day. i feel your pain.

ok so today i was on plan for nutrition and exercise. but i have been feeling like cr*p all day, down and off, not sure why. but it was the toughest day yet. gotta keep going.

hope everyone had a great day!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #25  
Muscle Memory

stayed on plan for nutrition and exercise today. felt a little better this morning than i did yesterday but then in the afternoon felt off again. thinking maybe this is the flu-like symptoms people can get when they start something like low glycemic or south beach or atkins and you can feel a bit worse at first as you adjust to getting all the high sugar stuff out of your system. candy was a theme in one of my dreams last night, lol, can definitely tell my mind and body are craving junk. i will be glad when this new lifestyle has become a little more second nature.

hope everyone out there is having a great day!
Old 07-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #26  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

Hey everyone! From the posts, it looks like we are all doing pretty good. Congrats on taking the step to get a trial gym membership and on your loss leonor!

skygirl - your dream about candy is pretty funny. At least you can eat it all you want in dreamland. I am a choco-holic, so I can totally relate.

Yesterday, I stayed on plan for nutrition, even though I did eat out. The poor waiter at the restaurant I went to had to go on a hunt for some nutrition facts about the menu. I ended up choosing a Salmon Asparagus salad because I didn't trust anything else. Lol. I did not get to work out though, but I did have an amazing massage. My first one ever actually. I'm hoping the massage releases some toxins from my body to help me on this weightloss journey.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by SweetEpiphany; 07-07-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #27  
Muscle Memory

sweetepiphany--that's cool that you had the waiter find the nutritional value info. and salmon and asparagus, yum. your massage sounds fantastic. you may have inspired me to get one too.

and lol, yes! i'm sure i'll be eating candy in my dreams for a while.

ok so i was on plan for nutrition and exercise today. and today i am at 15% towards goal, and out of the 180s, both of which brought me a smile, and allowed me to make my first post in the mini-goal section, which was cool.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #28  
Muscle Memory

stayed on plan for nutrition and exercise today. i was really tired and did not feel like working out. i decided to rest this evening and ended up falling asleep and slept through dinner and workout time. trying to be positive and not too hard on myself, i remembered that i had worked out twice yesterday, because i felt like it and had the energy to, and that maybe that was the reason i was tired today. i just decided that i would listen to my body and skip today's workout. but on the more critical thinking side, i have been struggling with not having the subconscious "coping" (in quotes because it was as destructive as it was soothing) tool of sugar/junk, which had long since become an automated response to stress. since starting this new lifestyle, that is not a real option anymore, and i'm noticing that every time i have stress and can't medicate it away like that, anxiety and frustration are left. and every day that seems to be compounding on some level. so i need to find a way to deal with that, both so that i can continue to move forward, and so that when i hopefully get where i am going everything won't fall apart because of unresolved issues. i had some dinner and got on the treadmill, and i am so glad i did.

i hope everyone had a good day!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #29  
Muscle Memory

on plan for nutrition and exercise today. feeling a little panicked about this weekend, which is going to be really busy and have lots of scheduling issues and put me in environments that could be challenging for me.

i am trying to plan ahead and make decisions before the weekend starts. and i am trying to visualize making the right choices and staying on track. and trying to relax.

i'm going to stay accountable, because that seems to be just so helpful for me, even though i sometimes feel bizarrely unprotected or too visible or something. i don't know. still working on that.

ok, hope everyone is rocking out!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #30  
Muscle Memory

ok back to posting. i ended up with company in town and then being out of town briefly. i was around situations and people that challenge my resolve. i know this happens, it's life, but this is the first time i had several days in a row of these constant challenges solidly without a break/escape since i started.

i really felt like pretending that i had not done any work and that i had not made any progress. i wanted to quit and thought it wouldn't really matter if i did. this issue is obviously huge for me. i knew i should have been posting, but just didn't.

i managed to not go too far off the rails. i stayed in calorie range, didn't have any sugar/junk, didn't binge. but my water intake was low, my sodium intake was high, and i didn't exercise. this resulted in a half pound up, then down, etc., ending on a half pound down, so basically maintaining.

i'm getting back at it today.

i said this at the beginning but wanted to say it again, in case anyone happens to read this, that everyone is welcome to post here. current lurkers looking to start posting, recent de-lurkers and newbies that want a place to log accountability, oldies that maybe want to recommit to a mini-goal or feel a need to get back on track, anyone who thinks this kind of posting may be helpful to them.

if not, that's cool too. i'll just sing that song from camp when you're a kid, that worms song, and keep on posting. hey, i wonder if worms are considered to be on plan.