Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #1  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers and Meat Portions

I was wondering...

I have been eating a lot of Cafe Steamers for lunch (easy to pack for work and I add an extra bag of veggies). They are the best of the individual frozen lunches/meals IMO. Beef, chicken, shrimp Oh my! So... the four bite sized pieces of beef in my Beef Merlot lunch today... IS THAT A REAL SERVING of COW?

I haven't been particularly worried about how much meat I eat in a sitting... It's not like I can eat a whole chicken. But I do know that my portions are likely a little on the large side. I worry more about OVERALL how much of everything I eat - cutting back on refined carbs, trying not to over do it with cheese, planning specific snacks rather than grazing all day, etc. But I am wondering now if I am over-eating meat? Is an extra few ounces of chicken really what is keeping me over 200 lbs? (I don't really cook much beef at home - usually chicken, pork, shrimp - the stuff Big Y puts on sale - buy one, get two free)

Anywho... now I am rambling. (Why do I do that?)
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

lol. i eat healthy choice everyday and its helping me lose weight
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I've heard that a normal portion of chicken is right about 3-4 ozs. I waiver between the two, depending on how many points i have left in the day. But frankly, if you're counting calories/points, whatever, then it shouldn't matter. You could eat all of your calories in chicken alone and still be ok. So if you want to have a 6oz portion of chicken and a smaller amount of a side, sounds good to me. Its chicken not pizza
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Generally frozen/packages meals have very small portions of meat, entirely to boost their profit margins (the pasta and sauce or rice or whatever is cheaper to produce than the cleaned, deboned, and prepared meat). When I weigh out my portions on a scale, 4oz is still a pretty hearty amount of meat - certainly not a huge steak or a giant chicken breast, but it's still more than the puny little tidbits in most of those things.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #5  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I love the healthy choice steamers. I also add extra frozen veggies to mine, usually and cup and a half of frozen broccoli. I find the meat serving to be very tiny, probably about 1/3 of a regular serving. I also wouldn't worry about eating too much meat. People on low carb diets tend to eat a lot of meat with no problems. I would rather fill up on two portions of chicken with a small bit of carb, than eat a big potato and a tiny chicken breast. If it fits in your plan, I wouldn't worry.
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote