Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I wasn't saying fruit and yogurt are bad. They are good, they are yummy and they do have their place in a nutrionally based diet plan.

What I'm saying is, you might have to look at cutting back some more. Given what you are currently eating and how it is nutrionally broken down, you might need to adjust what you are doing.

That is why I suggested talking it over with your WW coach. But you don't go to meetings. I assume there is online support and maybe the support group can help you fine tune your plan. Maybe you need fewer points. Or maybe you can find ways to get more satisfying foods with the points you have.

I eat fruit every day. I start every morning with a banana. And a couple nights a week I'll have a fruit smoothy protein shake as my dinner. I also eat yogurt a couple times a week.

All I was saying is that based on what you gave as a sample day, if you take that and add more to it in the way of fruit, then you are going to add more ww points (calories). What you probably need to do is change out a snack for a fruit. Instead of that 100 cal bag of cheezits, have a banana. Instead of the WW icecream, have an apple with 1tbls almond butter spread on it.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 285/248/150

Height: 5'4"ish

Well, to be fair, I didn't list calorie counts for the generics I listed

But as I've said...I am measuring. I am sometimes even figuring a little high. So I truly feel my points calculation (33 a day) is 100% correct. As I've said, that week I lost the most, I also ate the most. The less I eat thus far, the less I weigh. But it's early, so we'll see.

I do have fibro, but I am no longer on any medication.
I gave it up to try and lose the weight. I went off EVERYTHING. ADD, Fibro, etc. Anything that had "weight gain" as an added side effect. (which was darn near most of them)

As for those who've never done WW and can't understand the bother...the points are a single-number way of calculating fat, calories and fiber. The less fat, the more fiber, the lower in points something is.

I'm a logical person. This is why I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around weight loss, because it doesn't seem logical. In my logic, I gave up cheetos and potato chips and mayo and McD's angus burgers and a LOT of coffe+creamer, and etc etc ad nauseum. Yanno? I made huge changes.Huge effort. Being very careful. BUT I'm also being careful not to make the mistakes I've made in the past with diets that were all about restriction and exclusion - I'm still keeping my fat-girl-self happy in the mouth. I've given up but most days I'm not wanting those things anymore. So my changes are not going to immediately reflect perfect balanced meals, lol.

Also, please understand that just because I'm correcting some assumptions made and disagreeing with some things, doesn't mean I'm attacking or not appreciate of the input.
Lilly221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #18  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly221 View Post

I'm a logical person. This is why I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around weight loss, because it doesn't seem logical. In my logic, I gave up cheetos and potato chips and mayo and McD's angus burgers and a LOT of coffe+creamer, and etc etc ad nauseum. Yanno? I made huge changes.Huge effort. Being very careful. BUT I'm also being careful not to make the mistakes I've made in the past with diets that were all about restriction and exclusion - I'm still keeping my fat-girl-self happy in the mouth. I've given up but most days I'm not wanting those things anymore. So my changes are not going to immediately reflect perfect balanced meals, lol.

Also, please understand that just because I'm correcting some assumptions made and disagreeing with some things, doesn't mean I'm attacking or not appreciate of the input.
Right there with ya! Weight loss can be complicated, and so individual. It will come off, as long as we keep going.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #19  
Workin' It

Sorry honey - I was having a little bit of an off day myself, didn't mean to get all preachy.

It is so hard to figure out the why-s and the what for-s sometimes. Just keep on your plan and it will start to work. Don't let it make you crazy.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #20  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Lilly221, I am so with you on that part of thinking about what I used to eat. I have given up so much, it feels like the weight should just melt off. Three pounds a week, surely.

I complained about that to DH once, who is a very logical fellow, and he pointed out that when I was eating all that stuff, I was gaining weight. So, if you take away the pound to pound and a half that I gain when I eat that junk from the three pounds it feels like I should be losing, then I'm back to the pound or so loss a week that is what I actually average over time.

It helped, eventually, to just accept that the scale moves when it moves and to put my focus, instead, on continual small improvements in my eating and exercise.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
some days I'm not eve hungry enough to eat all my daily's.
I've done WW and am still doing WW, they stress to you that you eat almost all of your points for the day. They also stress that you get in all of your vegetable servings every day. I may have missed it but on your menu, there was only 1 vegetable at dinner time. They also stress getting in all of your water as well.

Just some things that you may be missing. I've had alot of success with WW so just thought i would offer my input.

Good Luck!

Last edited by kendra; 06-26-2010 at 12:55 AM.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #22  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

the calculating was the reason I gave up WW. it did work for me but in the long run plain old calorie counting was the ticket. some days are better than others but for the most part it was eary to add calories from everything to get a number than it was to try and convert food.

Hang in there. dieting with health issues is not easy.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #23  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Hi Lily,

I've been doing WW for almost 6 months now and there have been a lot of 0 weeks, but overall the scale has gone down. I would definitely wait a couple of months to see if your losses have any kind of pattern. I was crushed when, at my first weigh-in I only lost 0.8lb. After a couple months I figured out that I only really lose weight the first two weeks of my cycle, then have a small gain the third week, and stay around the same place the fourth week. But, overall, the balance will be negative, and knowing that keeps me from getting too down when the scale shows things I don't like.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about eating perfectly for now, just focus on getting into the routine of eating less. And certainly don't worry about fruit! It may have calories, but it's also full of vitamins, and fiber, and water, and just plain tastes good. After giving it a couple more weeks, if you're still not losing, then it might be time to tweak the foods you're eating.
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote