To all you book worms out there

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Was there a book that really changed your way of thinking about food, workouts, health, etc.? I am looking for a new book and I really wanted to find something that opens your eyes. I would love any suggestions you may have! Thanks!
  • Have you seen this list:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/main...ook-lists.html
  • Midwife- that is exactly what I need. Moderators rock! thanks.
  • Upon Mandalinns recommendation - The Thin Commandments by Stephen Gullo. Good stuff in there.
  • Feeding the Hungry Heart by Geneen Roth and Breaking Free from Compulsive Eating, also by Geneen Roth.
  • Some of my changed-my-life books

Neanderthin
    The Paleolithic Prescription
    The Paleo Diet
    Volumetrics
    The End of Overeating by David
    Refuse to Regain by Barbara Berkely
    Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson
  • Fat to Skinny by Doug Varrieur Low carb, eye opening plan...works and is easy. Great for meat lovers and BBQer's
  • Thank you all so much! I can't wait to get reading.
  • Good Calorie Bad Calorie Gary Taubes
  • YOU on A Diet. Changed my life, literally.
  • Greater Health God's Way by Stormie Omartian. This for me was the primer about basic health. I learned so much from the book and it served as a foundation towards pursuing a healthier lifestyle. It won't appeal to everyone as it has a very Christian basis but it was life changing for me.

You: The Owner's Manual by Dr. Oz. Everything we should know about our bodies but don't. I find it so helpful to understand what my body is doing in order to make healthy adjustments.

Potatoes Not Prozac by Kathleen DesMaisons. This book is geared towards those who deal with sugar sensitivity and/or addiction, but in general it really helped me to understand the brain-body connection.

Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth. I've only started this book, but already it is opening my mind and heart to understand the interconnectedness of emotional pain and binge eating.
  • Quote: Midwife- that is exactly what I need. Moderators rock! thanks.
    ROFL I saw the first part of the sentence and thought you were pregnant and needed a midwife !
  • I just got the book Good Calories Bad Calories. Start tonight with a nice plane trip this Friday for more reading.
  • Right now I am working on "Four Day Win: End Your Diet War and Achieve Thinner Peace" by Martha Beck

I am REALLY liking it so far. She talked a lot about how to change the way you think about food and dieting. And includes a lot of exercises.
  • The Beck Diet Solution by Dr. Judith Beck. It is a "how to deal" book that works with any diet and gives truly good tips about how to stop overeating. Since reading that book, even tho I do still sometimes overeat, it's rare - and I no longer feel guilty for not eating all my meal at a restaurant or at home; throwing out food doesn't bother me!