Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/125/115

Height: 5'3"

Default Bikini or no bikini that is the question.

Wow ummm dont you love my cheesy title, but really I'm going crazy right now. I dont know if I can pull off a bikini. I've already decided against bikini bottoms to spare people the sight of my thunder thighs but I'm not sure about the top. I'm really proud of my now flat stumac but I dont really have any muscle there not to mention I'm incredibly pale. No I cant tan, actually I can't even burn haha. I just dont want to get laughed at. XP

Hannah the dramatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Spray tan?
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #3  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Hehe, I'm in the same boat. Even though I'm apparently skinny now (my mind/eyes haven't caught up with my reflection, I still see myself as 183lbs), I am terrified of being in a bikini. I bought two really cute ones, and I love walking around my apartment in them, haha. But once I get to the pool, I do the super fast towel drop and jump in pool move. Then I grab my towel when I'm still halfway in the water to cover up, lol. Not to mention, I swim for exercise at night when nobody else is there, lol.

You're lucky that you have a flat stomach, I still have a pooch. If I had a flat stomach, I don't think I'd ever cover it up, haha. If you're still self conscious about your thighs (which I'm sure you have no reason to be, we notice our flaws far more than other people do), then the bikini top + shorts or bikini top + sarong cover up is a sexy beach/pool appropriate look.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #4  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkendrick View Post
then the bikini top + shorts or bikini top + sarong cover up is a sexy beach/pool appropriate look.
This is what I am hoping for next summer!

OP- just go for it! Be proud of what you have accomplished!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #5  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I say wear the bikini. Absolutely, wear the bikini.

I could give you a hundred reasons why a bikini will flatter you. The main reason is a one piece covers the parts of your body you want to show- your stomach, namely.

Frankly, I think people need curves and defined waists to rock a one piece (which you might have, I don't know). I have a small chest, thick waist, and narrow hips. One pieces look horrible on me. When I wear a bikini, I have the appearance that I have a chest and a waist.

I wear bikinis with more coverage on bottom, like the racer short style. Very flattering.

Try on different bikinis in different styles and bring your best girlfriend with you. She will tell you which suit looks best.

In summary, wear the bikini.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I wore a bikini at 165. You should definitely go for it
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Wear the bikini. Believe me - people will not stare or gawk or say anything.

I live in a beach community - and let me tell you, we see people of all sizes in bikini's every day. At your weight, you should have nothing to be ashamed of.

At my weight, I'll start off with a bikini top and shorts, but when I go in the water the shorts come off and usually I end up keeping them off.

I to, do not do sun. So, pale ol' me is out there baring it all.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #8  

I think some women look better in a one piece even if they aren't fat. Don't feel pressured to wear a bikini if you don't feel comfortable in it. Find a suit you love and feel pretty in whether it's a bikini or some other style, and don't worry about anybody laughing at you!!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 152/152/125

Height: 5'2

Go for it! You have worked hard so be proud of what you have accomplished- bikinis are mainly about confidence anyway :-) So rock it and show it off
rosiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I can only speak to the "tan" part. I haven't been your weight in a very, very long time. But I am pale and I understand. I have this bronzed vision of myself in my head and then I see myself for real, or in a mirror next to someone who is not pale, and I am always amazed and a bit appalled. BUT, I've never looked at anyone else ever and thought, "Ewww, she's pale." No, I reserve such criticism only for myself. I'm sure the same is true for you. No one else is going to see your skin tone. When I see someone in a bikini, honestly my eyes go first to the chest, then to the tummy, not even to the thighs.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 143/138/120

Height: 5.8

JUST DO IT! You sound like you are in normal weight range. About tan - I'm pale too. Victoria's secret self-tanning lotions are very good, but exfoliate thoroughly before putting it on and I advise to put regular body lotion before putting it on. I know sounds like pain, but in couple of days you would be already a bit darker. Enjoy life, you are 15! (I'm 24)
russian2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

I say go for it. I have a bikini in my dresser but don't have the guts --or have too many/much guts to pull one off.

As far as tanning, maybe it's just me but I'm proud to be pale. That's the color I am. Tanning is the body's response to uv damage. It's not healthy.

If you feel you must, use a spray tan or lotion to avoid skin issues.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 140/125/115

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Thanks guys, I'm not so sure about spraytan or lotions yet, but Im becoming more confident in the bikini top haha. I found some cute short bottoms that cover up my problem areas thank goodness.
Hannah the dramatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I would highly recommend embracing your pale skin. I am an oldster and back in the day I loved suntanning. The only lotion we used was baby oil to hopefully enhance our "gorgeous" tan. Boy am I sorry now. As an adult, I really do not understand the appeal of tan skin over pale skin. They are both lovely in there own way but I do not see any reason whatsoever to "tan" pale white skin.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

I'll agree - embrace the pale! You will look younger when you are older.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote