I'm new here, and just wanted to introduce myself.

• Hello everyone. My name is Dani, and I figured I would introduce myself before I started jumping into everyones conversations!

A little about myself -- I live in Michigan, have been happily married for twenty years to a wonderful man, and have a 17 year-old daughter. Oh yes, and after years of fighting a horrible weight problem, I've manged to lose eighty-five pounds (15 pounds more than my original goal!)

Losing weight is one of the hardest things a person can do, and from what I've read in here so far, I can see I'm in terrific company. It's wonderful how everyone encourages one another, and keeps looking for the bright side of things.......sure wish I'd known about this site a few years ago!!

Anyway, I look forward to talking to, and getting to know everyone in here. God bless, and I'll be back in here soon!
  • Welcome Dani! I'm Hotsplashes...call me Splash..I'm in Canada...I wish I had known about this place sooner too! Looking forward to seeing more of you!
  • Hi Splash -- good to meet you! Whereabouts do you reside in Canada? My husband has friends and family who live in Windsor, Ontario. I have some very close friends in London and Toronto, and we try to get together at least once or twice every year.

Support groups like this one are very necessary and wonderful, and I plan on coming in here often! Just because I've lost weight, doesn't mean I couldn't 'fall off the wagon' at any time! I STILL have dreams of being locked in a bakery (by accident, of course.....hehehe) and gorging myself on those very things I know I can't have!

Hope to talk to you soon -- and often! Bye for now.