3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Crisis (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/203801-crisis.html)

jynx 06-05-2010 04:00 PM

Crisis

Ok. I just binged after 40 binge-free days (longest in a very long time!). I'm trying not to panic but here's the thing... in the past I have done really well on diets and then this happens. I binge on one day, even if it's not a big binge it tends to throw my entire diet off. I put on everything I've lost and more. Seriously, this CAN'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!

I'm not sure why I'm posting this. Maybe for some advice on how to just move on and continue doing well. I'm sure many of you have been through this exact same thing and you're the best people for support right now.

I never want to go back to eating like I was and I'm now so frightened :(

Thanks for reading chickies!

nelie 06-05-2010 04:17 PM

Be gentle to yourself. It was a binge, old habit and old habits are hard to break. Forgive yourself and tell yourself that your progress hasn't been shot. What you have achieved in the last 40 days means a lot.

A single binge won't hurt you but what might is to let it affect you and continue on binging.

You are following Beck, what would Dr Beck say? I think she'd say that it is no big deal, time to move on.

cheerios 06-05-2010 04:55 PM

get back up and start the day new and remember why you are getting back on track and why are you doing it.

gerly1 06-05-2010 05:09 PM

Everyone slips off their diet. Just get back on, and forget about the slip. :hug:

MissKelly 06-05-2010 07:24 PM

Someone said something to me yesterday that really made sense when we were discussing this subject....I had a lifelike dream that I was pigging out on Snickers bars that was affecting me a bit.....they said, "If you went to work for almost 3-1/2 months without taking a day off...you'd want to quit, right?" They had a point....well...I didn't go get a Snickers but that sticks in my head now if I ever slip up. When you take a day off "work"....you get your R&R and just head back ready to go again refueled.

xanthia 06-05-2010 07:47 PM

I agree, it happens. Get back on track for your next MEAL, not the next day/week/Monday or whatever. So you ate your weight in cake or whatever this afternoon. Go back to a healthy dinner, don't punish yourself for it and wake up tomorrow with great plans for awesome meals.

christinemariep 06-05-2010 07:50 PM

I had a bad day too (well, really a really bad meal and dessert choice--like over a day's worth of calories at one sitting)! So, I definitely know where you're coming from. One binge doesn't have to turn into a whole month, week, or even a whole day of binging, though, is what I am telling myself (trying to get over my all-or-nothing mentality). I just put on a pair of shorts today that I have not been able to fit into for over 2 years and it was a great feeling. I just keep reminding myself that these can actually become my "bigger" sized pants a month or so up the road if I don't let the occasional binge totally derail my efforts! I really do understand your anxiety, though..it is hitting really close to home today.

Natalia 06-05-2010 09:24 PM

Its okay!
In what other area of our life do we demand 100% perfection? One binge is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Its the 100 decisions we make daily, x 365, that combined determine your weight.. one tiny detour is nothing to worry about or feel defeated over :)

Cglasscock1 06-06-2010 12:23 AM

Falling off the wagon once in a while is inevitable if you are human.. Jumping right back on is KEY If you can master not letting this slip completely derail you, you will have learned a very important lesson about losing weight. Climb back on!