3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Lost some inches but no lbs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/203771-lost-some-inches-but-no-lbs.html)

ncuneo 06-05-2010 09:24 AM

Lost some inches but no lbs

So this weeks is usually my big whoosh! I have typical been losing only two weeks out of the month. I used to lose 2 lbs-3 lbs a week but now it's about 3 lbs one week, nothing the next, 3 lbs the next and nothing the next. So it's about 2 lbs less than my old average, but I'm getting smaller so it's getting harder. This week I was expecting my usual 3 lbs, but nothing, not a lb. So I was pretty frustrated, since I have 10 lbs to go and it's going to take like 6 weeks as it is I was really upset to get nothing this week since next will probably be nothing as well and the week before was nothing. But I felt like things looked smaller so I measured and I am! My waist is down 2 inches to 32inches!!! So that is pretty awesome, but there is still more fat on me than I'd like and I want that other 10lbs. I think I'm going to just stay focused and maybe avoid the scale for a bit, just to keep it from depressing me. The scale has really been messing with my head these last few weeks. So just another reminder to measure from time to time!

stella1609 06-05-2010 10:08 AM

Ughhhh, I know what you mean :( My loss seems to have slowed down too. But maybe you'll get your whoosh next week instead? I notice that a lot of times if I have a little gain or stay even I have a big loss the next week. Hang in there!

Hillarie 06-05-2010 10:40 AM

You guys are doing great. Ican"t wait until it's my turn to post that I've reached even my first goal let alone be close to reaching your final goals. Just keep it up and stay positive. I'm just starting over again on my journey but I think I've finally switched something on it my head that says I am so worth this! Good Luck congrats and Keep us posted.

loveit 06-05-2010 10:48 AM

maybe be becuz your are so cole to your goal everything is turing in to muscle right now. it isnt a bad thing. be paietnt

stella1609 06-05-2010 12:45 PM

Oh, thought about this while I was jogging--I bet you're going to see a little stall since you just started weight training, but it's totally worth it! I'm the same weight as you, similar height, but I have a 28" natural waist. I know that's because I bust my butt at the gym!

ncuneo 06-05-2010 03:50 PM

Yeah I think the weight training might have something to do with it. I also just started trying to amp up my intensity. I started out pretty slow, not even breaking a sweat. I was getting used the equipment, trying to feel comfortable in the evironment, remember what it was like to life weight. But yesterday I started my session with a 10 min run on the treadmill to warm up and it made a HUGE difference on my intensisty. So I will likely continue to warm up this way and will probably see more stalling because of it.