3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Weekend... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/203762-weekend.html)

kiwicakes 06-05-2010 05:13 AM

Weekend...

Weekend is always hard for me! Going out to eat with friends make it hard to stay on track... I'm going to a street fair type thing tomorrow, and we all know at those fairs there's only unhealthy, deep fried food...on Sunday theres a brunch thing with a different group of friends, I think we are going for dim sum.. and for those of you who never had it.. its extremely greasy too. Also I made plans to catch up with another friend Sunday afternoon, and she said she wants to get ice cream....

ugh! I hope I will have enough self control to stop myself from overeating!

ElanaRose 06-05-2010 05:57 AM

You and you alone hold the power to keep yourself on track. When you're out for dim sum, see if you can get some of the stuff steamed with sauce on the side, hold the rice. Street fair -- don't eat anything there, because it's usually pretty empty-calorie HIGH-calorie stuff. And as for the ice cream, there's usually a low fat option, and get a single or kid's size. I hope I helped :) I'm actually going out myself with a friend this afternoon. Anywhere we go in my town, there's an option to screw up, but there are also other options to take to NOT screw up. If you want something, guesstimate the calorie count and see if you can work it in. If not, you can probably make something similar at home with a fraction of the calories!

IE: Caramel Apples vs. Baked apple (no toppings) with cinnamon and a sprinkle of brown sugar.

Onederchic 06-05-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElanaRose (Post 3325158)
You and you alone hold the power to keep yourself on track. When you're out for dim sum, see if you can get some of the stuff steamed with sauce on the side, hold the rice. Street fair -- don't eat anything there, because it's usually pretty empty-calorie HIGH-calorie stuff. And as for the ice cream, there's usually a low fat option, and get a single or kid's size. I hope I helped :) I'm actually going out myself with a friend this afternoon. Anywhere we go in my town, there's an option to screw up, but there are also other options to take to NOT screw up. If you want something, guesstimate the calorie count and see if you can work it in. If not, you can probably make something similar at home with a fraction of the calories!

IE: Caramel Apples vs. Baked apple (no toppings) with cinnamon and a sprinkle of brown sugar.

Great advice.

This makes me think of what I saw on a signature here once, I believe from RomanceDiva, "If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse". Plan to succeed.

Have a great weekend :hug:

kiwicakes 06-06-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElanaRose (Post 3325158)

Thanks for the advise ElanaRose!

I didn't get food from the street fair! It was hard not to cause everyone else got something, but I opt for iced tea, even though I bet there's a whole lot of sugar in it, but at least it's not fried calamari.

As for dim sum this morning, well.. we had a long wait, when we were finally seated I was starving, soooo I kind of ate a lot before even realizing it. Sigh... But I did order more steamed stuff this time.

Ice cream is canceled for this afternoon! Yay :)

Hope you ladies are having a good weekend too!