3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   20lbs = Confidence ... Who knew? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/203693-20lbs-%3D-confidence-who-knew.html)

Khrungy 06-04-2010 11:14 AM

20lbs = Confidence ... Who knew?

I can't believe the confidence I have gained in losing 20lbs. I am still huge, of course, but I feel like I am walking on top of the world. I guess that is my reward to myself ;).

Wish my scale and Wii agreed on weight. The Wii gives me a pound and half advantage - but I record the scaled weight. The Wii put me in Twoterville this morning.

Matilda08 06-04-2010 11:39 AM

congrats 20lbs is a great start!

ubergirl 06-04-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khrungy (Post 3324083)
I can't believe the confidence I have gained in losing 20lbs. I am still huge, of course, but I feel like I am walking on top of the world. I guess that is my reward to myself ;).

Wish my scale and Wii agreed on weight. The Wii gives me a pound and half advantage - but I record the scaled weight. The Wii put me in Twoterville this morning.

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Wow!!! Good for you!!!!

I just finished posting on another thread about how MUCH DIFFERENCE those early pounds make!!!

Keep enjoying every moment and you'll be surprised at how easy it is just to keep going.

Two-ter-ville is AN ENORMOUS MILESTONE!!!!!

And I say, go ahead and go with the lowest number-- I always do!

Go you!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carro t:

Ciao 06-04-2010 11:56 AM

Congrats. :D
I know how you feel!
Just seeing those pounds
melt is a great feeling.

Danielle2842 06-04-2010 12:34 PM

Yep- those first 20 lbs. makes a HUGE difference in the way you feel about your plan. Anyone can diet for a week or so and drop a few pounds, but that doesn't mean they're committed to it. Once you've lost TWENTY pounds, though, it's a big deal.

Twenty pounds means you've gotten past that initial shock of changing your eating plan. Twenty pounds usually means you're mentally ready for the long hull, and that you're committed and motivated to keep on track.

Good job and congratulations! I remember that my 20 lb. loss felt more significant to me. Now, here I am at 40 lost and I'm still truckin'. Soon, you'll be so into your routine that the weight will seem like it's melting off! Good luck in your continued success!!! :-)

blueridgegirl 06-04-2010 02:58 PM

Congrats! You can do it. Keep up the great work and you will be dominating twoterville! :)

Arctic Mama 06-04-2010 04:29 PM

That is a great milestone! Congratulations on a strong start to the rest of your journey :)

sarcruze 06-04-2010 05:43 PM

20lbs is fantastic, especially when u start noticing the changes in your face and body. Keep it up girl, it only gets better.lol

Cglasscock1 06-04-2010 06:32 PM

You know, with every pound we lose, we lose double that amount in emotional weight! We feel lighter in spirit as well as in body.
Congratulations to you on your terrific 20 pound loss!

TXMary2 06-04-2010 07:07 PM

Congrats on the 20 pounds! I know what you mean...I have lost 17 and it is a great confidence booster and makes me feel like I can keep going!

ParadiseFalls 06-06-2010 05:23 PM

Woo hoo!!! Congrats :cb:

I've also lost 20 pounds and am starting to feel a little more confident. I think, for me at least, it's less about how we look and more about starting to feel like we're really doing this—like things are finally changing and we're not stuck in these fat bodies forever!