3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Another clothes size question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/203638-another-clothes-size-question.html)

KforKitty 06-06-2010 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen925 (Post 3326328)
Just saw another post that a woman was 20# heavier according to the ticker than me & she fit in 10s nicely for her. Even accounting for personal snug fit variations, it still makes me wonder what gives with my body. If I could get this analyzed better, it would help in buying clothes easier. I like to bring all my clothes to try on in the fitting room at one time. No dressing, undressing, get another size, style type thing.

I must be missing something.

I buy quite a lot of Lands End clothing and I'm fitting into a small in their tops. I'm a 10 in pants. However you've said yourself that you have big shoulders whereas mine are practically non-existent and I'm small across the rib cage/back. However you will see from my stats that I'm 20lbs heavier and I'm shorter - the weight I now carry is all in my rear my pants tend to hug those curves!

Have you tried myshape.com - you input your measurements and it will recommend which size to buy in each brand. You will see from this just what a range there is in sizes.

Kitty

CJZee 06-06-2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen925 (Post 3325882)
I am a bit confused about LE too. I tried on jeans yesterday. I mostly fit into 12's, one 14, no 10's. S/H was free so returning if needed will be low.

You can return Land's End stuff to Sears for free. Just bring your receipt.

kuchick 06-06-2010 10:34 AM

Can I chime in on the Modern Fit doesn't fit group. I suppose I "fit" into the size 14s I tried on yesterday, but is my belly really that deformed? They looked awful! I did try on swimsuits - fit into a 12 (all my weight is in my midsection - 3 kids'll do that to ya) and I didn't want to cry! Can't justify spending $ on a suit when I hope not to wear it by next summer. Just can't believe that I tried on a suit and thought I looked halfway decent!

bargoo 06-06-2010 10:43 AM

Sizes vary wildly, even with the same manufacturer, I take two or 3 sizes into the dressing room and get what fits, I have gotten pants by the same maker, on the same day, same store, same shopping trip, yet different sizes.

Karen925 06-06-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KforKitty (Post 3326448)
Have you tried myshape.com - you input your measurements and it will recommend which size to buy in each brand. You will see from this just what a range there is in sizes.
Kitty

Had no idea about this site. Thanks for the tip! I was trying to find my current bra size on line. Macy's online measurements was directing to 40D which was wrong. So I was playing around with that. Used to be 40C but now I am smaller for which I am so glad.

DH checked me over, no cellulite, no saggy skin, no dimpling. So I keep thinking I am missing something, which would not be the first time:-)

Thank you for indulging another clothes thread....