300+ and ready to try again... #218

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
    We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
    We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
    Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
    Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
    Thursday......Thankful Thursday
    Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
    Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
    Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
    And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
  • HI there... saw it was time for a new thread again.

I am popping in to say my computer screen is about to go out on me... everything has turned green and dark. I just want you to know if I am MIA that my computer died. Plus Wed I will be running errands all day. Now I am going to go read your posts and hopefully come back and respond. Keep your fingers crossed. X
  • Oh, my little 2cutie-patootie! You are in need of a serious
    {{{{{{{{HUG!}}}}}}}}

Come on everyone, gather 'round...squeeze on in here...yes. lurkers too! Now, all together, on the count of three...

one... two... three...

WE LOVE YOU, 2CUTE!!!

Don't you forget it!

And don't think you don't deserve it either...so just accept it. Stuff the guilt in the garbage can...you have gone above and beyond as far as I can see...and it sounds like you've done it without a whole lot of thanks...You have nothing to be ashamed of, and if I know you, you may be upset at my placing you ahead of the rest of your family for a moment, but I think you have earned some appreciation...so here it is.

XXXOOO!!!

Time for me to be a good mommy and get my son ready for school...which involves peeling him away from his new video game, making sure he has a lunch ticket and booting him out the door on time!!

later...
  • Weigh-In Wednesday!
    Good news Gals! I lost 3 more pounds this week for a total of 69 pounds lost since May! Woohoo! 2 more pounds until I join Mary in the "Weight that starts with a 1" club! I remember saying when I started dieting, when I get to the point that my weight starts with a "1", I'll be ESTATIC! If all goes well (even though next week TOM is visiting), I'll be able to "be estatic" next week! Yipee! I am SO glad that I made the decision to DO THIS!

Brrr... it is SO cold here! I've been up for a few hours but my warm bed is calling to me. Why not? It's my day off! I DO have a dentist appointment (just cleaning) this afternoon but until then... sweet freedom!

Howdy to everyone out there: Baylee, Michelle, Kat, Mary, Malia, Steph, J-Ann, 2Cute, Lucky, Tina, Thin, Duckie, Susie, and anybody else my frozen brain is forgetting! Take a second to post to keep yourself in line and to keep me entertained!

Toodles,
    Sara
  • Hello lady's

It's freezing here this morning -5C we hardly got any summer this year. I hate the winter, it may look pretty but having to start your cars in the morning and dealing with the slippery roads is not fun. Anyways, I still have this stupid cold, here's my symptoms stuffy nose, hacking flemmy cough, runny eyes, blurred vision, and now my ears are plugged and wont pop, oh and I also have a huge cold sore on my lip, don't I paint a pretty picture. So all you doctor Mom's out there any advice, I also think my allergys are acting up. But other than that I'm doing just fine.
    Foods being good, food doesn't really taste that great to me right now anyways.

Sara how the heck did you lose 69 bls in 5 months, are you following WW to, see my memory's even blank, no your the one who getting the info mailed to you right, will have to go back and reread.

I bought a beautiful coffee table at a garage sale on Sat for 15 dollars, It has cast Iron legs and bottom rack kind of thing, with wooden top, anyways I want to refinish it and paint it up all pretty. That will be my next project, I love cast Iron stuff my house is full of different cast iron candle holder and wall hanging's, My mom sells Partylight candles, so I get a good deal.

Anyways this is supose to be a quick post so , I better get back to work, check in later
  • Just peeking in to play peek-a- boo again.
    My computer screen in now a greenish gray... I know it's hours are limited. It is doing some weird thinngs too.

Kat... thank you so much for the hugs. But I truly don't deserve them... but I will take them anyways.
    I am appreciated I am sure... my parents tell me all the time.
    My sister is just going through some rough times. Lots of rough times. She is the one who needs the hugs.

Sara... you are making it very hard for me to like you.
    69 pounds since May !!!!! Grrr Grrr ...
    Actually I am very happy for you. Being young and active helps.... get it off now because when you are OLD and incapable of being very active it gets HARDER. No excuses... just facts.

Duckie... it is still gorgeous here. High today will be 80.
    I love it in the 70's... ahhhh. It will be there most of the day.
    I am NOT ready for winter yet... but I do love fall.
    Got to go.... errands to run.
  • Howdy!

Sara I just got back from the Post Office...4-7 days they say! I could have saved a dollar and had it sent in 4-6 weeks...I told the lady to get real! A dollar won't make me or break me either way! LOL! I like your idea about sending Christmas cards! Anybody else game? You must tell what you are doing to lose all this weight...at least share your daily menus with us and any exercise or activity you are doing! I want to be like you when I grow up and lost 69 lbs in 5 months!!

Baylee....don't you just love inefficient people working in a service industry? People today just don't care about their jobs!

2Cute....Peek a boo!! Check a second hand computer store and you can probably get a new monitor for cheap cheap! My mom got one a while back for like $25!

Duckie I'm kinda thinking you are looking something like your avatar right now! No??? LOL You paint a pretty picture! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Kat did you son go out on the tip of your boot today?

OK where are the rest of you cutie patooties!! Come out come out wherever you are!

TTFN Michelle
  • Hi there !!! I made it home... but hurt from head to toe.
    I left my list of things to do and my shopping list sitting on the kitchen table. Grrrr I still have to run a bunch more errands I forgot tomorrow after babysitting. I was sooo proud of myself for being sooo organized... and then left it at home. I was amazed how much I remembered.

Okay... got to go unload the TONS of stuff I did remember.
    Hope more stop in. Tonight is the season opener of "Friends" ... can't miss that.
  • Isn't "Friends" on Thursday night??
    I know that cuz I usually miss it, watching "Survivor." Yes, I am a geek...I love all the sniping and backstabbing and the ultimate revenge..."the tribe has spoken..." hee hee

I'm psyched because ANOTHER possible job opening has been thrown my way! I ran into a friend in the Rag Shop, she works for a new doctor in the area...about 1/2 mile from my home, I could walk there in 10 min or less...she was saying how she really needs help in the office, since she's the only one working there...PLEASE keep me in mind I told her when you hire someone. The doc is very cool, she's really nice...it would be great...and I could probably finagle my hours to work at the gym also...keep fingers crossed for me please!

Hey! I'm definitely game for the Christmas card idea!

Gotta run...dh is home, dinner is ready, what a good wife... (smirk)

love to all...
  • Tina, Once I get that hunk I will come to your for advise on keeping him - long term stuff since that seems to be your expertise!! Isn't Lifetime just the best...the reason I pay for cable!!!

Mary, I love the Macaroni Grill.....it's a fun place to eat.

Duckie good for you on your weight loss.....

Thin I will have to check out the Snapple.....

Kat, I had wondered what happened to Sponge Bob...I see he went to Europe and Malia is hot on his trail... Hey..."I" am the one seeking a better job!!!! Do I have to move to New Jersey???????

So, what is the plan for Christmas cards? Are we private messaging addresses????? And do we all respond if we want to participate and then ??????

I, as usual, am tired. I need to get into exercising but my schedule is not co-operating. Anyone out there a "time manager" type?????
  • Shopping!
    Hiya Chickies!

I am SO bad! I had a dentist's appointment today and the office is in the mall! I picked up a cute, little, short, sleeveless black dress to wear dancing and then... bought some shoes to go with it! Yeeesh... I've been spending so much money on clothes lately for two reasons: I NEED clothes because NOTHING I had fit anymore (yah!) AND it's more fun shopping now!

Okay. Here's the official word on Christmas cards! I realize it's still September but you can NEVER be TOO prepared for the holidays! Anyone who wants to participate in our Christmas Card Exchange, PM me with your online alias, real name (if you so wish) and mailing address; I'll keep a list. In November, I'll PM everyone who has submitted their info with the info of everyone else... then I'll just sit back and wait for those cards to start pouring in! Fun, fun, fun!

Michelle... Thanks SO much! You made my day yesterday (and today)! It'll be so great to get that info PLUS it'll be fun to get something from you! Just lemme know how much I owe you for the postage! I'll be eagerly checking my mailbox!

For some reason, I have a paranoid feeling that I'm gonna lose this post so I'm gonna submit it now but I'll be right back for some more replies!

Sara
  • Me again!
    Kat... I've got my fingers crossed for you on this new job possibility! I KNOW you'd love to be able to put in that ol'resignation at your current one! If you need any references, I'll definitely vouch for your insanity!

2Cute... Thanks for the congrats...er... I think! I'm SO jealous that you get to watch the season opener of Friends; I cancelled my cable (as part of my diet) about 3 months ago and now that all the shows are starting up again, I'm starting to actually FEEL it!

Baylee... Thank you too! You're doing SO well on your diet and exercise too! I'm excited for you for Friday! Btw, I'm so glad the plan is finally set in place to take care of that tooth that's been bothering you! I feel so bad for you because it's seems like you've been TRYING to get it taken care of for so long! I'm sure you'll feel great when everything is done and over with!

Duckie... Okay. You asked for it!

My day, at this point, usually eats like this. (No critiques of my plan please... it's working for me and that's what's important right now).

Breakfast: A very low-fat, low-calorie cup of yogurt and a small piece of fruit. (I'm a very late riser so this just comes an hour or two before lunch!)

Lunch: A salad with lots of veggies, with a few slices of low-fat, low calorie luncheon meat cut up and tossed in with lite dressing.

Dinner: A large piece of lean, grilled, baked or steamed meat like chicken, turkey, or pork with very little or no sauce, or fish (I eat lots of salmon) and a WHOLE BUNCH of steamed (or baked) VEGGIES (broccoli, cauliflower, peas, asparagus, beets, green and yellow beans, peppers, etc.) with a tiny bit of lite becel margarine. NO CARBS WITH DINNER.

Dessert: A large bowl of lite lime jello with little chunks of pineapple mixed in OR another yogurt OR however many sugar-free Juicy Gels as I want (only 5 calories a cup).

This is just a typical day... not everyday is the same. I add lots of spices to everything. I drink about 5 or 6-500 ml bottles of water everyday (usually with a tablespoon of lemon poured in) and basically stay away from any other drinks, starting with one as soon as I get up. I eat low-calorie, low-fat, and low-carb. I also exercise frequently. At first it was power walking, then tennis, and now I jog 3-4 times a week. I also take a multivitamin every day. As mentioned above, I cancelled my cable shortly after I began dieting. Not only did I have a habit of just sitting there and staring for hours, I had a terrible urge to snack as I sat there! I MAY get it again, at some point, and try keeping a bottle of lemon water on hand.

I think that's about it. Sorry you asked?

Hey! We're missing a few of our regulars! Come out, come out wherever you are!

TTFN
    Sara
  • Hidey Ho Neighbors.

Kat you are right... "Friends" is on Thursdays.
    I went running to my tv at 7pm scanning all three networks trying to find it. DUH. I was sooo disappointed.
    Oh well... now I can be excited about tomorrow night. LOL
    (how sad it that...my biggest excitment is watching tv... lol)

Sara... years ago I not only didn't have cable... I put the tv in the closet every summer because the whole family watched too much tv. It is hard the first couple of weeks... but then... I LOVED it gone. I KNOW it would help me now too. Don't ever get cable again. That was some of the best years of my life.

Thought I would share about a news report they did tonight.
    It was about the stomach stapling. One woman who loved it ... one woman saying "don't do it."
    The one who loved it was younger and had small children. She lost 200 lbs and looks like she is about a size 16 now. She really is glad she did it. They also showed guest speakers at support groups for follow up.

The second woman was older. Probably 50ish. She shared how she is a widow now due to the surgery. Her husband had tried everything. He decided to try one more thing. He had all kinds of complications. He was in a coma off and on. He was in soooo much pain it ached her heart seeing him suffering soooo much. She kept hanging onto the hope he would eventually recover ... but after 6 months in the hospital and he never came home ... she finally realized ... he was going to die. Six weeks later he finally passed. He never woke from his last coma. They had photos of him before the surgery. He was so healthy looking even though overweight. Smiling playing with his grandkids. It was sad.

Okay... I am going now that I have brightened your day. LOL
    My computer is acting up and I fear losing this post.
  • Hey Sweetpeas!
    How is everyone? Pretty good here. I have been so tired the last couple of days because I haven't really gotten alot of sleep. Seems like since I've been back at my new/old job, my schedule has been thrown off and I've been working a 9-10 day stretch with one day off somewhere in the middle. We are a little short handed now, so that is making it difficult, but I am hoping we will get back to normal as soon as possible.......whatever that is. No big news on the food front.......still crappy. My co-worker just went out and got food from Steak & Shake & I had a double cheeseburger, large onion rings and a strawberry shake. Healthy, huh? I know, I can feel one of 2cutes "SNAP OUT OF IT!" coming.......I'm working on it. Well, not working on it, but thinking about working on it. This is the longest that I have been off track and I am unhappy about it, but unwilling to change at the same time. I seem to have lost my motivation. I just hope I don't end up in the grave before I get it back. That last line was a little over the top, wasn't it? I want to go back and erase it, but I don't think I will because it is how I feel sometimes. I bet you guys sure will be happy to see me "back to normal."
    Whatever normal is.......I'm not sure I know anymore. Anyways...

2cute: Hey girl......don't feel bad. I love "Friends" too. When I read your original post, I was freaking out. I thought I had missed it. I knew "Friends" usually come on, on Thursday night, but I thought with it being a season opener, it just may have come on tonight and I would have hated to miss it. Also, about the stomach stapling, you hear the same kind of stories everywhere. You have some people that will absolutely swear by it and when you see the outcome of their success, you want to just do it and get it over with, and then you hear the horror stories, (of which there are many) and you just wonder if it is worth the risk or not. I have personally decided that it is NOT. Even though I have been totally disheartened and unhappy lately, I love my life enough not to risk it for that type of surgery. <<<<<Yet I don't love my life enough to stop shoving the food in. Hmmmm, does that make any sense?

SaraJoy: You have some absolutely wonderful ideas and how proud I am of you for keeping your promise to yourself. You are doing a wonderful job. Congratulations on the remarkable weightloss. May we all be inspired by your dedication. I sent you a PM with my info for the Christmas cards. I think it is a wonderful idea. Thank you for being so helpful.

Lucky: I know what your saying about being tired. It seems like there are just not enough hours in the day. I wish we could up it somehow from 24 to 36....then at least I would get a little bit of sleep every now and again. I can't say that I can give you a lot of advice about keeping a marriage together.......the most important thing I can say is....be able to laugh at yourself and your spouse. Laughter, believe it or not, will get you out of a seriously bad situation. Everytime I am running off at the mouth, making a mountain out of a molehill, my dh looks at me, holds out his hand like it's a claw and makes this noise like a lion roaring.......(his interpretation of me at that moment) and it never fails to tickle me.

Kat: I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you and the new job. I know you've been unhappy for quite awhile with 3rd shift. What works for some doesn't necessarily work for others. And to answer your question, I am back at my old job. I know you remember, I LOVED the job, but hated the boss.......well, the boss is gone now, (HUGE STORY) & I hated the hospital (still haven't figured that one out yet) so I went back and I am happy as a clam! That is the one really good area in my life right now. Hope yours works out for you sweetie.

Michelle: I just have to say AGAIN (please tell me if you are getting tired of hearing it) how happy I am that you are back. Your posts always cheer me up for some reason. I can almost hear you talking in your post to us. I am very excited also......news article in my local paper today announced that zoning has been approved for our new HOME DEPOT! No more trips to LOWES..... hehe....I knew you'd like that.
    Sorry John.

Baylee: I have been missing you chickadee and wondering where you've been. I hope things are ok with you. Sorry you had to work your butt off last night....don't you hate it when you have to bear the brunt of all the work? I have to say though, I am glad that you are getting something done about that tooth. If your anything like me, you put that kind of stuff off till the last minute........I have a bad habit of putting off Dr. visits and then usually end up in the hospital.

Duckie: So glad to see that you are back with us......I truly missed you. I can't believe it is so cold there. I thought we had it bad. It has rained here for the last three days and the lowest it's been was 62 degrees. I bet that sounds like a heat wave compared to what you've been dealing with. Also sorry to hear that you are sick. Have you been to the Dr. yet? {{{sending you some chicken soup, o.j., aspirin and kleenex}}}}
    to you.

Well girls, my co-worker keeps sighing, so I think she wants to use the computer for a little while, so I will hop off for now. Have a great day and know that I love you all!
  • Hi, how is everyone this Thursday morning?

I haven't journaled since Monday. I WILL start again but was "over" busy and just forgot.....I guess it's not a habit yet.

Kat aren't you the one that reads Simple Abundance? (sorry if I have this wrong). September 26th.....

Nothing in the the world can take the place of Persistence.
    Talent will not; nothing is more commonplace than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genuis will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
    Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
    Persistence and Determination alone are omnipotent.

BY: Calvin Coolidge

This hit me in relationship to dieting....

Better get to work....