How much weight loss in a week is healthy?

• I started at 180 this week, (saturday), I just weighted my self and saw that I lost 5 pounds.
    As great as this is, I'm wondering if this is healthy, the last thing I want is to loose weight the wrong way.

Help!
    Thanks <3
  • Going from what other people have told me and from what I've learned simply by reading things on here... it could be water weight lost (for example from not eating high sodium things), or... who knows? At least... I don't.

But... 5 lbs isn't healthy as long-term expectations. However, if someone needs to lose a lot of weight... it could be normal at the beginning. *shrugs* I dunno... I GAINED my first week.
  • Can you share what sorta plan you are on? For me, when I started, the first week I lost 13 pounds but I am sure it was water weight for the most part if not all of it
  • Absolutely.
    In the morning, a big cup of coffee. With creamer and some sweetener. Of course the creamer is sugar free, and low cal.

Then a three egg white omelet with a little bit of feta cheese in it, and spinach in it as well.

Lunch- When I work, Its hard to find good food, that is low cal and such because I work in the mall. (Sooo many temptations for cheaper food) I usually go to Paradise Bakery and get half a sandwich. Usually the Paradise Vegetarian

Dinner- mixed greens salad with, grilled tuna steak on top, again little feta cheese on my salad.

And I only drink water when I'm home. When I go out to eat a get tea.
  • You are fine. A lot of the initial loss is water retention. Just be prepared for it to not be so dramatic any more as it settles into losing actual fat tissue.

GL!
    A.
  • Yep - weight loss tends to be fast at first as your body drops the water you've stored up from excess sugars and salts. It'll slow down...enjoy it while it lasts, but don't expect it to continue!
  • Lol, oh well. At least its a loss.
    Thanks for the help yall. <3
  • Quote: Absolutely.
    In the morning, a big cup of coffee. With creamer and some sweetener. Of course the creamer is sugar free, and low cal.

Then a three egg white omelet with a little bit of feta cheese in it, and spinach in it as well.

Lunch- When I work, Its hard to find good food, that is low cal and such because I work in the mall. (Sooo many temptations for cheaper food) I usually go to Paradise Bakery and get half a sandwich. Usually the Paradise Vegetarian

Dinner- mixed greens salad with, grilled tuna steak on top, again little feta cheese on my salad.

And I only drink water when I'm home. When I go out to eat a get tea.

I don't see anything really wrong with your diet but can I suggest that since you find it hard to get a healthy lunch option to maybe pack a lunch?