3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Need support...i cheated today :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/203064-need-support-i-cheated-today.html)

KateGirl 05-28-2010 04:33 PM

Need support...i cheated today :(

today I had a bowl of egg drop soup & shrimp with rice followed by a couple bites of ice cream! I guess I wouldnt feel so bad about the ice cream had I had something healthier but my bf has been in a really bad mood the past few days.

As a result we've fought a few times & now I find myself avoiding him just so I dont have to argue with him.

I'm finding it really tough to stay on track lately. does anyone have any suggestions?

Onederchic 05-28-2010 04:36 PM

I am sorry you are having a difficult time. I feel the best thing to do is forgive yourself and get back on plan :hug:

Hamoco350 05-28-2010 05:03 PM

It probably doesn't ease the guilt, but you didn't cheat horribly. Soup, shrimp, and rice doesn't sound like a wasted day, and two bites of ice-cream is nothing to worry about. Just accept it for what it is and realize that you will do better in the future.

DhaniCauldwell 05-28-2010 07:58 PM

You didn't cheat too bad. Forgive yourself and move on. Good luck.

:queen: Dhani :queen:

mkendrick 05-28-2010 08:08 PM

I cheated today also, but if it makes you feel any better, my cheat was a lot worse than yours. Seeeveral oreos, several handfulls of chips, a moon pie, a chocolate bar, a piece of fried chicken. And the list goes on. Had a great day on the lake.

One thing I have learned on this journey is that sometimes you just have to enjoy life, and sometimes that means enjoying the enjoyable foods in life. Without worrying about calories and such. Now by sometimes, I mean you can count the major cheats in a year on one hand. There are members on here that have much stronger will power than I do, and they might think otherwise. But sometimes I think it's alright to throw caution to the wind and say "screw it" for a day. I personally don't have a problem jumping back on plan, but I know that's a struggle for others. I've had a couple of these days, and it hasn't slowed down my progress at all. I've steadily chugged my way down almost 50lbs now.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is, don't beat yourself up over it. Eat clean tomorrow, maybe avoid weighing yourself just in case you're bloating with water weight. No point in getting discouraged with a false weight. You won't wake up in the morning with all the weight gained back, and it's not going to affect your weight loss at all as long as you jump right back on plan.

:) No worries.

spaghetticat 05-28-2010 08:15 PM

Yes... ninja'd from Dr beck... Call it unplanned eating, not cheating. Stop now (sounds like you already did) get back on plan and continue :)
Its a million times better to stop now, maybe if youa re up for it go for a walk to clear your head. Sorry you and your boyfriend are having a rough time :hug: remember that you deserve to be happy and healthy no matter the status of any relationship, so keep on keeping on!

MissKelly 05-28-2010 08:27 PM

Not too shabby, the upside is you chose a clear broth instead of a heavily rich creamed soup. Shrimp is low in calories (depending on size, about 6-9 cals each) The cals in the rice or a couple bites of ice cream won't consume you, as long as you're talking about a couple TS or TB spoons worth of ice cream and not a couple huuge serving spoons worth, lol. There's a half glass full to almost everything. We learn from our so-called failures. Drink lots of water and hop back into the saddle, you're good to go. :)

KateGirl 05-29-2010 12:31 AM

Thanks everyone :)

i decided not to beat myself up over it & actually ended up doing the JM Banish Fat dvd this afternoon & CLX Burn intervals tonight for the first time...

Man that woman knows how to work it hard! but i feel great....

spaghetticat 05-29-2010 12:49 AM

Great job!