Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 02:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

I hope that everyone is doing good today. I got a "wake up" call last night while I was reading in bed last night. I was reading an article in one of the Woman's World issues on how much water to drink. According to the article, in order for me to lose weight, I have to drink more than 8-8oz glasses of water p/day. My goal is to drink one gallon p/day. I've done it before, so in time I should be able to do it. I guess one gal lost 15# in one month changing nothing but the amount of water she drank every day. If I could lose 5#, I'd even be happy! Wish me luck gals! Anyone else want to try this?? Tami: Glad to see you posting again! Your goals sound realistic, so I'll join you with the same goals in mind. I also agree with you on what's all happening in this world & live each day to it's fullest!! after reading your post, I came to realize that I'm yelling at my kids a lot less this school year. AMEN to that!! Karen: How's the walking coming along? I haven't fit it into my day yet, unless I can count all the walking that I did this a.m. shelving books in my dd's school library. Ginny: As for last years Halloween challenge: I remember oh, so well! I didn't kick the weight loss in gear 'til the day after Easter. Now-I'd like to kick myself in the REAR for not getting more serious about it! Well, gals--I better sign off for now, as we're getting company tonight & my house is complete CHAOS right now!! C-U all later!!

Last edited by Freckles; 10-16-2002 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:23 PM   #32  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!!!!
Great to see some posts today! As far as inspiration goes, I agree with Tami and Jackie- Tami's goals sound good. I read an article at the ediets site- on how to motivate and stay motivated for a long term loss........meaning how to get motivated for a life time (and not this yo-yo nonsense that I have been thru) and it made a ton of sense..........it spoke a lot about keeping the long term in mind- with frequent reminders of it and how your day to day activities will fit into that plan. Also not to let short term mishaps (like a binge or splurge) throw you off track- to keep the long term goal in focus. I would be happy to email the article to anyone who would like to read it.

Yes, Jackie, I will join you in the water challenge there.........a gallon a day, eh? That should not be too tough for me. Hope that you restored law and order to your house before the company got there......or that they enjoy the lived in look!!!!! Hope that you can get a walk in tomorrow too!

Karen- I hear ya with needing to get those walks in. They are so important to me. Hope that your family is healthy again and that you will be able to post more regularly!!!

Tami- you are so right about counting your blessings. It is so important to do that, especially with all that is going on in our country. Each day- each moment is a gift to us........one to be so thankful for. Thanks for reminding me of that!!!! Glad to see you here again too!

As for me, no walk today. (bummer) We had a Nor'easter visit us- sort of a winter hurricane with lots of wind and rain. So I stayed in today. But I am set for a walk tomorrow..........got my walking gear out and ready for as soon as I wake up! I had hoped to write more, but the fatigue is setting in and I had better get some sleep. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 10-17-2002, 10:55 AM   #33  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Yes, I got that walk in this am.............yawn............and am drinking the coffee to prove it! It is kind of quiet here~ but I am good at blabbling on and on all by myself. I think I will start a new thread- maybe that will encourage others to post. See ya at SAHM's 63!
Ginny
Closed Thread