Scary Halloween Challenge - Page 8 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 11:35 AM   #106  

Ah, Hag, don't let your fingers get so tired you won't want to do the paid thing.

My scary thing is that I am going to a wedding this weekend in an area where they have a tradition of "cookie tables". this involves mega trays of cookies baked by family and friends and such tables have contributed pounds and pounds to my total. I am going to have to be REALLY motivated to stay away from a cookie binge. In the past, the cookies on these tables have been the best I've ever run across. I'm sort of (unwillingly) hoping the tradition is not as strong as in past so that there will be less temptation. this is, of course, in addition to the regular temptations of wedding fare.

But I think dh being on his very strange and required menu plan will be an inspiration to me. As he sayeth "What does it matter if it prolongs my life". This is surely a motto I can use because I truly feel that eating moderately and healthfully will prolong my life through many more beautiful Octobers and scarey Halloweens.

I have posted a scarecrow on the front door and hung a fallish wreath above the fireplace. May light my pumpkin pie candle this afternoon for pure pleasure.

All enjoy a nice weekend as I flee west in search of color en route to the wedding and in celebration of our own wedding anniversary. Someone must have sprinkled me with faerie dust as I still feel like an imp in my mind and cannot comprehend those things called calendars that tell me it will be 44 years tomorrow that I promised to love, honor and cherish.
Old 10-03-2002, 11:50 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Happy Scary Halloween Challenge news! I did an early Weigh In..Have lost a puffy scary Halloween pound! YaYy for all of us!! We are all going to succeed in someway...We have a wonderful group here!! Amarantha, Anagram, Babette, Bobsgal, Dollar, Eydie, Guinever, Jadcie, Kmabry, Punkinseed, Scoobysnacks, SplittinMySeams. I see some names on there that haven't posted in awhile! C'mon Ghosties...post with us so we can all share our Halloween Stories of Success....success can be anything from losing that puffy ghostie pound to just not having that extra cookie or can of soda to walking up instead of taking the elevator! Any success no matter how small is still a success...and I have a wonderful way of finding a success in failure....like say someone didn't lose any this week...that's ok...cause you didn't gain! you Maintained!...if you gained a bit and tell us...you have a success because you shared with us and acknowledged that you slipped...that is a success...the ability see your non-successes and deal with them! I will not weigh in until next friday!!! Have a wonderful weekend fellow Ghosties!!
Old 10-03-2002, 03:11 PM   #108  

Hey hotsplashes I like your theory, if you can tell us because it helps to share and we all know that nobody here sits in judgement of anyone. Together we can all do this even if we don't make our goal we are at least trying. It is a scarier thought not to try, for every lb we lose or maintain that is one less then we were when we started trying. So cheers to everyone.
On Halloween we are surrounded with treats, so instead of a sweet treat why not treat ourselves to some nice like a new item of clothing or accessory or a night out with our hubby or friends. We all deserve to treat ourselves to something special.
What would you treat yourself to?
Old 10-03-2002, 04:22 PM   #109  
Is it Friday yet?

No, your eyes do not deceive you!!!

It's Punkin'!!!!! With the wonders of a heating pad, ibuprofin and (no kidding) Lamaze breathing I'm here!!!

So, here's the deal... My SI joint apparently was out again from falling and I'd been ignoring it - guess I shouldn't have. I haven't been able to sit, stand or lie down for the last 3 days without burning in my legs. It's getting better slowly... Oh, then I also got the flu on Sunday... Oooh, life is just a big ol' bucket o' fun!!

But anywhooo, I heard Good Witch Amarantha yelling at me on the previous page and figured when I got a good few minutes I'd cop a squat and let you know I'm still alive and will resume kicking soon.

Amarantha - WHAT is going on with that car??? Did you at least *cook* the chicken before you ate it??? Let's hope...

Anagram - Happy, blessed, wonderful 44th anniversary!!! A loving, lengthy affair as you own makes me believe that love still exists regardless of it's hiding from me!
Oh, and that cookie mega-extravaganza ain't got nuthin' on your stick-to-it'ivness! Enjoy yourself at the wedding.

Hotsplash - Congrats on the fluffy exorcism!

Dollar - Wonderful idea... I think when I hit my next goal I will treat myself to something.... For fall I bought a beautiful harvest colored swag to hang on the entryway, perhaps for my next treat I'll buy a wintery one to replace it!

Well, miracles never cease, I weighed in this morning (unofficial weigh in) for the first time in almost 2 weeks and I'm still the same 232.5 - I'm really happy about this since I've pretty much been living on soup, biscuits, brownies and low fat ice cream for awhile... Tuesday of next week I leave on vacation, but I'll report an official, pre-vacation weigh in on Monday - wow, that oughta' keep me honest on vacation huh???

Hugs all,
I'VE MISSED YOU!!!!!

Terri (my chiropractor said if I do this dance I can consider it physical therapy)
Old 10-03-2002, 10:18 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Poor Punkinseed...what is your SI joint? and have you gone to the chiro? I love chiro's as long as you keep them in their place!lol none of this " I think you need to come 5 days a week for 4 weeks and we'll see how to progress next month" ...I go until I feel "right" then say thanks and be on my merry way...I hope you are getting better..and Congrats on the Maintaining!!

Anagram! yes Congrats on such a long marriage! It is definitely something more people should aspire to! Hope you have 44 more!

Dollar buddy! Thanks for liking my theory!lol...As for what am I gonna treat myself to on Halloween nite? Hmmm I think I'm going to buy myself this cute sweater I've been eyeing at the mall for the last few weeks! A big slouchy turtleneck done in fall colored stripes! I think it would be perfect for the occasion!

Well, I'm off to post in my journal like a good Halloween Witchie! Nite all!
Old 10-04-2002, 02:07 AM   #111  
Empress/Queen

Default Woooo-hooooo!!!!!

[COLOR=sky blue]Punkinseed!!! Thou hast returned in time for FRIDAY!!! Congratulatons on maintaining when you did not feel well. That is hard to do. But Hag beith so sorry also to hear thou hast had to put up with this painful condition as well as the flu!! Hope thou is better soon ... but, yes, what exactly IS the SI joint? BTW, the car thingie, hopefully, is settled as I took a whole day off from work (and deadline looms) to run around and divest myself legally of the thing!! And, the chicken was cooked in the store ... the ex-vege Amarantha can't touch meat before it is cooked!!! (We missed you, too!!)

Dollar: Hmmmm. Amarantha thinketh you have a good idea. She will buy herself a special reproduction of a tatting book that she wisheth to have WHEN she reacheth her Halloween goal.

Hotsplashes: Congratulations on the banishment of a ... that fluffy little hobgoblin is off the land where fluffy go when they retire (somewhere in Florida)!!!! I like your theory of success, too! Even a binge can be thought of as a success if the binger is able to bring it to a halt and get back on track, rather than giving up altogether and gaining back all her (or his) weight! Hag will post an update on your loss on the roster!!!

Anagram: Too late!! Hag typed so much this morning that she didn't want to do the paid thing all day!! But then she never does! Congratulations on your 44th wedding anniversay! That is an inspiring success story in itself and I also found great inspiration in your DH's motto: "What does it matter if it saves my life?" What, indeed, is an unnecessary food item more or less in our lives compared to accomplishing our health and fitness goals?

That said, thou art a better person than The Hag to face such an event as the sharing o' cookie tables. The Hag would not be able to even THINK about attending this occasion as she would not rest until each and every cookie type had been sampled. Good luck is all The Hag can say about that ... maybe the theme will have changed!

Well, The Hag is also going to post on her journal, which is a personal challenge to eat in the 1500-1699 range until her Oct. 13 weigh-in!

To all!! Please posteth if it pleases thy scary selves ... some witchies are missing in action ... might have to send out some Howlers (if you don't know what those are, run to library for Harry Potter!!! )

Later ... [/COLOR]
Old 10-04-2002, 09:06 AM   #112  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Red face Flying visit...

Just popping in to report. I had a bad few days, but am out the other side now. Grisly details: bought double chocolate cookie mix and ice cream, planning to have a few cookies with a little ice cream and to freeze the rest of the dough. I ended up eating it two afternoons in a row, baking up cookies and had two big bowls of cookies and ice cream each day. Felt AWFUL afterwards, and am determined to stay on track! I weighed this morning thinking "better to know than not to know" and registered 4 pounds up. Probably not permanent though, and I am going to work HARD!

Let's make it a good one -- love to all!
Old 10-04-2002, 11:08 AM   #113  
Empress/Queen

And a frightening Friday wooooooooooo-hoooooooo to all Slender-as-a-Willow-Wand Witches!!!!! Or Goodly Gorgeous Goblins, if thou preferest, or other Halloween cuties!!!

Hotsplashes, Hag-0-Matic forgot to update the roster with your gone last night, but will do so today!!!

Wood Nymphy Arabella/Babette: Fear not the four cookie/ice cream (The Hag KNOWS about those purchases that are going to be only eaten a little and frozen for later. Sigh!) I see thou hast a journal now as well and The Hag will check it out anon!!!

Enjoyed my tai chi last night and Babette, you are right, it's good exercise. For me, especially, it really counted as a resistance exercise for knees, which is an area o' concern!!!

To All: HOPE TO HEAR FROM EACH AND EVERY SCARY HALLOWEEN FITNESS FANATIC SOON!!! (Unless thou be on vacation, on deadline, sick or just don't wanna talk, as that's cool, too!!!) WOULD LIKE TO PUSH THIS THREAD TO ITS FRIGHTFULLY LONG LIMITS!!!! WANNA RECEIVE SOME ENERGY VIBES FROM THE UNIVERSAL WITCHIES AND HOBGOBLINS IN ALL FITNESS FANATICAL FOLK AND FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS THESE HEALTHY VIBES INTO THE CAULDRON O' UNIVERSAL WEIGHT MANAGEMENT!!! OK? OK!!! YOU BET!!!!! NO MORE COOKIES!!!!! NO MORE ICE CREAM (well, maybe a little)!!! NO MORE DULCE DE LECHE!!!! NO MORE DANG EXCUSES!!! (That's The Hag, not directed to anyone else in the Scary Halloween Challenge!!) Wooooooooooo-hooooo! Come out & play!!! (I'll stop now!)

Old 10-04-2002, 11:11 AM   #114  
Is it Friday yet?

It is FINALLY Friday!!!!!

I am going to attempt a drive to town today for some final shopping for my trip to CA next Tuesday. So far I'm up to sitting for almost 2 hours.... only 6 more and I can make the trip!! Eh, I'll be fine... My Mom gave me some of those 8 hour thermal patches, I'll slap one of those on. If I can handle a drive to CA when I was having a cluster headache episode a few years ago, I can handle this! (I'm going on vacation, dammit, if it kills me!!!)

Here we go! Anatomy 101
S'okay I knew what a sacrum and the illiac (the S and I in SI) were, but not the joint (chiro educated me). Ok, if you look at the base of your spine, there's that big triangular chunk (the sacrum) that sits under all the vertibraes, right before your tailbone. That bone, the sacrum, fits right in the back side of your pelvis. The joint (there's actually 2) are the 2 places that this triangular chunk connects into your pelvis - it's those 2 joints that I pulled. These joints are only designed to move a few millimeters at most and most people's eventually fuse from lack of movement. It's also the place where the nerves from the spinal column go down through to your legs (hence the burning sensation). So, it's not really "back pain" I'm having, but more of a pelvic/top of your butt, but inside your hips, type pain - some of it feels like really bad menstral cramps. Since these joints also "lock" when you walk it's made walking interesting too.
So, there's more than you'll ever want to know about your butt bones. Being a massage therapist has been helpful in this since I'm a huge practitioner of using visualization in my healing techniques (like the Lamaze type deep breathing I've been doing) and knowing where the problem exactly is and how it works helps.

Hotsplash - I know exactly that kind of chiropractor! No, the first time I popped this damned thing he put it back and said "see you in 2 or 3 years when you need me again". Then I fell and needed him within 2 weeks... Depending on today I may go one more time before my trip, but by the time I get back I should be back to "2-3 year visits".

Amarantha - Thank you for reminding me!!! Harry Potter #2 comes out next month and I wanted to re-read the book. I shall pack it for vacation!!

Big hugs to all - I'll check back before the royal weekend ensues!

Punkin o' Friday
(aka Terri)
Old 10-04-2002, 11:13 AM   #115  
Empress/Queen

The Scary Halloween Challenge Roster

Amarantha: Starting Weight 164; Now 164; Halloween 158

Anagram: Starting Weight 232.8; Now 232; Halloween 225

Babette: Starting Weight 213; Halloween 199

Bobsgal: Starting Weight 258; Now 256; Halloween 250

Dollar: Starting Weight 209; Halloween 198

Eydie: Starting Weight 157; Now 154; Halloween 148

Guinever: Starting Weight 164; Halloween In 150s

Hotsplashes: Starting Weight 180.5; Now 179.5; Halloween 175

Jadcie: Starting Weight 189; Now 185, Halloween 180

Kmabry: Starting Weight 163; Halloween 160

Punkinseed: Starting Weight 232.5; Halloween 220

Scoobysnacks: Starting Weight 193; Halloween 185

SplittinMySeams: Starting Weight 237; Halloween 230

TOTAL WEIGHT LOST SO FAR: 9.8 s !!!!!

Old 10-04-2002, 11:17 AM   #116  
Empress/Queen

Dollar: Starting Weight 209; Halloween 198

Hotsplashes: Starting Weight 180.5; Now 179.5; Halloween 175

Jadcie: Starting Weight 189; Now 185, Halloween 180

Kmabry: Starting Weight 163; Halloween 160

Punkinseed: Starting Weight 232.5; Halloween 220

Scoobysnacks: Starting Weight 193; Halloween 185

SplittinMySeams: Starting Weight 237; Halloween 230

TOTAL WEIGHT LOST SO FAR: 10.8 s !!!!!

Old 10-04-2002, 11:27 AM   #117  
Empress/Queen

Hmmm. Interesting! The Hag hath posted the roster twice when she trieth to correct the total pounds lost. She beith too rushed to correct it, so all may just enjoy the way each and every banished maketh the total universal weight loss energy increaseth!!! Ain't that neat?

Punkin o' Friday ... thou soundest better .... so long as thou can shop and go on holiday, thou is functional for all the important things in life!!! Have fun, thanks for the anatomy lesson. Would you believe I wanted to be a massage therapist two years ago when I first started to be underemployed? Enrolled in school and everything, but didn't get much past the first week.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:43 AM   #118  

Not to pester at the haggered hag but did you add my 1.4 loss from Tues to your list that puts me at 207.6. Thought you probably just missed it, no sweat.
Well Im getting squinty eyed sitting at this computer so i better go and my son will be in shortly for lunch good thing to bcause I'm getting a little hungry.
Punkinseed sure hope you are feeling better soon and that the drive isn't too hard on you.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:42 PM   #119  
Empress/Queen

The Hag was just testing you, Dollar, to be sure you were paying attention!!!!!!

Wooooooo-Hoooooo! In case, Haggie didn't congratulate you on the 1.4:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Old 10-04-2002, 03:48 PM   #120  
Empress/Queen

Dollar: Starting Weight 209; Now 207.6; Halloween 198