3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Mid-Summer BALONEY Snow Cones (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/202792-mid-summer-baloney-snow-cones.html)

mtiger 06-12-2010 08:01 PM

Did my 5K this morning in atrocious humidity. The air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Made breathing during running a bit of a challenge. i did it though, in 35:29. My best time yet. I am happy with that. Met a friend from elementary school there. It was fun seeing her after all this time.

Weight today was 179.2. Almost back down there. Let's see what tomorrow holds. Maybe I'll try out some trial memberships at gyms this summer. See how long I can milk it for.

Gary- Tell Angie to hang in there. The last day of school was one of the craziest I have had all year. YUCK!!!

jendiet 06-12-2010 08:51 PM

good job on the runs ladies. I don't do running on pavement. I run on my rebounder...which i find very enjoyable!

well, i ate something pretty unhealthy today--one of those single serve microwave pizza's...but i'm still hungry...trying to ignore that...and drink water or tea.

just ovulated, so i know it's the hormones building for tom...

ElanaRose 06-13-2010 03:39 PM

Down a pound on the scale this morning -- probably a lot of the sodium leaving my system. Going out for dinner again tonight with the family. Last night I did really well -- no bread (it's kind of my trigger), some fish (light protein), and some spinach. Plus I was able to come home and have a Skinny Cow fudge bar and some watermelon :)

Recipe for anyone who likes chips and guacamole:

2 oz. avocado + lemon juice = 70 calories
1/2 of a 2 oz. Damascus Bakery Flatbread Roll-Up = 55 calories for Flax or Whole Wheat, 60 for plain.

Either cut up the flat-bread or just pop it in the toaster. While it crisps up, mash the avocado and lemon juice to a pasty consistency. You don't even need to oil spray it to get it crispy! Spread and enjoy :)

toobig 06-14-2010 08:24 AM

Good morning everyone

MonteCristo 06-14-2010 09:54 AM

Dropped another 2.5lbs since Friday....I'm on a roll!! :D I haven't exercised in over a week...maybe I should give up exercise and just remodel all the time! ;)

blondebritbrat17 06-14-2010 11:20 AM

Good morning guys! I'm back home from Oklahoma. I had a great time! I didn't do too bad eating while I was gone. I even lost a pound of the water weight I've gained from TOM so I am down to 209.4. TOM is still here. I tried sushi there and we went to a raw foods restaurant for brunch/lunch and I tried hummus and several other things. I liked everything I tried to eat but the sushi. Sushi is just not my thing! Anyways have a great day!

EZMONEY 06-14-2010 11:33 AM

HI TEAM :)

Well the week-end of company~pizza~bbq is over and I didn't gain :carrot: from Thursday's high off 188 somethin'-somethin'...but I didn't lose either :(

Not that I expected to of course ;)

At least we won't be partying again until next week-end ;)

That will be camping...no problem for me staying away from the smores...but all that lawn chair sitting and beer I am going to take will not help anything....

maybe it won't be so bad....my adult children/spouses and nephews have big plans for baseball-football-bean bag toss etc....Angie has big plans for hiking...maybe...just maybe I will burn a few calories ;)

The menu won't be too bad either....brother/sister and their spouses/families are doing ribs one night...Angie and I are on duty for all 20+ for lunch one day...probably hot dogs and salads....then my kids/spouse/nephew are on for carne asada for our last dinner....breakfasts we are all on our own.

Got 6 miles in over the week-end and a quick 3 this morning with the mutts before kids hit the streets for school....dogs have their fleas junk on them for this coming week-end of camping and I didn't wan't the kids petting them and not cleaning their hands.

My goldens get a lot of attention...stinky or not :D

MONTECRISTO ~ :carrot: keep on losing!!

ELANAROSE ~ :) Now that sounds like an awesome snack! We love chips and guac around here!

TOOBIG ~ Keep up the good work with those kids :hug:

JEN ~ Pizza kidnapped me too over the week-end ;)

MINDY ~ :carrot: Great job on the run! The fastest I ever did one...about 10 years ago at 46...was 28 min and change....I just walk them now...usually 45 min to an hour depending on if we are visiting, dogs are with us or competing :)

BRAT ~ MRSAUGIE ~ LISA ~ TERRA ~ MIA's ~ I hope all is well!

be good to yourselves TEAM :hug:

EZMONEY 06-14-2010 11:35 AM

BRAT ~ I was typing when you posted...so glad you had a great time! I am not one for sushi either but my son/dil ~ daughter/sil ~ nephew and step-d just love it! They go often....

be good....

EZMONEY 06-14-2010 10:57 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MINDY!!!!

ElanaRose 06-15-2010 07:25 AM

Morning, All! After a brief chocolate attack last night where I was able to cut myself off (ACCOMPLISHMENT!), the scale stayed stationary at 135.2 this morning. Whoohoo!

mtiger 06-15-2010 01:29 PM

Gary- My friend did it in 28:20. I was quite proud of her. Of course this skinny little 17 year old girl did it in 19 min. Brat!!! I will be happy to get close to 30:00 at some point.

SInce it was my birthday I ate out...twice. YIKES!!! I am up about 1.5 today. Not too bad..considering. Back to the grind today though.

EZMONEY 06-15-2010 05:35 PM

HI TEAM ~

Holding steady with zero loss...bummer

I guess the good thing is I am not doing a lot of bad stufff....but then I am not doing a lot of extra good stuff either...

I really need to find that second gear!

Great job on the chocolate ELANAROSE!

LOL MINDY....some of the youth running clubs here enter the 5K's...some of the kids run with their dads.....a crack up watching these 7-8- 9-10 yr. olds blowing by grown men!...

Aiesline 06-15-2010 06:49 PM

Is it too late to jump in here? I hope not cause I'm gonna anyhow :)

I was at 173.2 this am. I'm hopeing to be 169.x by july 2nd. Wish me luck :)

EZMONEY 06-15-2010 07:52 PM

OK..GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! X a bazillion!!!!!!

WELCOME! AIESLINE it is never too late to join us...we go year round!

toobig 06-16-2010 07:35 AM

Hey, finally getting a routine going with these kids. Things are starting to level out. And my dad is being oved to a skilled nursing center. At least we are a big family, lots of people to share responsibilities. Last year when my fil broke both hips my sil and I spent 12 hour shifts at the hospitol.

Good work and good luck everyone.