3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Anyone here done this? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/202694-anyone-here-done.html)

Serbrider 05-24-2010 04:53 PM

Anyone here done this?

Disclaimer: I am NOT saying I'm going to do this... or even wanting to do this... it was just something I was thinking about today. I have a tendancy to daydream and think about random things, or come up with random things... and they're not always really thought-through and/or logical.

Ok... so what it is... is that I'd like to drop two dress/jean sizes by the end of the summer. Go from a size 16 to a size 12. Doing this by a combination of running and calorie counting.

So... what about me going and buying something that is a size 12. Nothing expensive or overly nice... just something simple an inexpensive... like a pair of jeans (I'd need 12L due to my legs), or a simple summer dress. Something that I could just kind of guage myself with. Like... "nope... no way I can fit in this" or "ooh... it's starting to get to that point" and "yes! I can finally fit my legs all the way in it!" and so on.

Not saying I'm going to do it. Just wondering what you guys think... :p

MissKelly 05-24-2010 05:02 PM

I just spent some of a gift card I have last week and ordered a few smaller things. It helps keep my eye on the ball. If you operate the same way, go for it and best wishes on your goal! :)

nationalparker 05-24-2010 05:03 PM

Great idea - and if you wanted to just find something pretty inexpensive but that you'd still enjoy - check out goodwill. I've donated stuff that I never wore and it was too late to return - that still had tags on them! Hey - it never hurts to have something at the ready to try on that stays the same, not like trying different things on that are all sized differently.
Good luck!

Breannaj1215 05-24-2010 05:06 PM

I definetly think its a good idea. visual has always been key for me. Like a 2 piece bathing suit or something i want to wear. I would do it!

Serbrider 05-24-2010 05:07 PM

Thanks... :p I just might. I'm going to be in Orlando Florida starting Wednesday... and I'll be there for like... 6 days. We'll be going to Universal Studios and to St. Augustine. While I'm there I might get something. Like... something in a gift store or some other store. :) Something I'd want to wear... something as an incentive. :p

Everlasting 05-24-2010 05:12 PM

I like to do that! I'd advise getting a dress or something, because pants are so different in fits, and you don't really know where the weight is more easily going to come off and how you might be shaped afterwards. Dresses are pretty lax with how they fit usually. :)

That saying, I'm a 14 right now and I have a pair of size 12 capris waiting for me to fit into sometime this summer. :)

Serbrider 05-24-2010 05:15 PM

Yeah... a dress might be better than jeans. :p That... and I've never really been able to wear a dress... always loved the look of them... but never on me. :) Maybe I'll find a cute one at goodwill or in St. Augustine... some random vintage type one... ;)

:)

glenlorie 05-24-2010 05:16 PM

Well, in my opinion it is a really good idea and it is actually what I do for my mini goals. I started out wearing a 22 and bought a size 18 jeans off the clearance rack. I now wear size 18, and I've now bought a size 14, which I can only pull up over my thighs, it gives me a good view of how I'm doing! I think it will help you reach your goals and stay on track! Try taking pictures of your progress, like "oh the jeans only go over my thighs now, then 3 months from now, I have the jeans on my waist, but wont button yet" type of deal! I think you have a good idea going, and I use it myself already!! Hope this helps!! Best wishes!!!

Serbrider 05-24-2010 05:17 PM

Haha... thanks. :) I actually might get a couple things... like a dress and jeans... :p

SouthLake 05-24-2010 05:22 PM

I have a "vegas dress". As in, when this dress fits, DH and I are going to Vegas. Kind of a double reward, and it's been pretty cool to see it get closer and closer to fitting.

StuffedBunny 05-24-2010 05:29 PM

I still have all my skinny clothes and I just keep them around as a reminder that I will be able to wear them again!

gottadoit2010 05-24-2010 06:56 PM

I love this idea! I'm doing a 12 week challenge right now with some friends and my goal for the end of the challenge is to look good in a dress that I bough awhile ago...it's really pretty and perfect for a wedding that will happen at the end of summer. So...I'm totally with you! GO FOR IT!

Serbrider 05-24-2010 07:01 PM

I'll leave an hour early for my riding lesson tomorrow and go to Goodwill or Platos Closet or something and find a nice pair of jeans or a nice dress... inexpensive, but something I could really use to guage myself. :D

asharksrevenge 05-24-2010 07:03 PM

I have a size 16 dress hanging on the door of my bedroom. I used to wear it when I was thinner and I use it now to gauge my body changes. Also, I took a picture of myself in it now (not pretty lol) and I take a picture in it every week. It's been 7 weeks and I really can see the difference!

Shmead 05-24-2010 07:54 PM

I have a closet full of goodwill goal clothes. I try them on every week! I always buy the stuff that is half off, so we are talking about $1/shirt, $2/pants. At that price I will buy pretty much anythings, and who cares if I like the way it fits later? Transition clothes are flings, not relationships. It's a great chance to try types of clothes you don't normally wear and would never spend serious money on.