What now? confused.

• Hello all, first of all, thank you for reading through this!

I'm a bit at a loss what I have to do, let me sketch the situation. I've gone from 254 lbs, last august to 178 lbs today. No complaints at all about that! However the last 4 months I've been losing only 2 lbs a month (on average). Does this mean I should revise my goal weight to something higher and think about maintaining? (maybe I'm maintaining already?)

I could exercise more then I do now, but not long term, and the last thing I want is to loose weight and be unable to maintain that. The same goes for food, I eat mostly clean at the moment, and I'm afraid that if I restrict more I'll end up binging. I feel pretty good about how I look at the moment, my BMI is in 27 now, and I don't stand out anymore. I was really hoping to get to a healthy BMI, but I can live with this.

Any advice would be welcome. Should I join the maintainers? The featherweights to try to get another 10 lbs of, or should I stick to my goal? (I'm not looking for an absolute answer here, don't worry)
  • 2 lbs a month. 0.5 lbs a week. Yeah that sounds pretty normal to me unless I go to extremes. There is nothing wrong with 2 lbs a month. For me the "1-2" lbs a week didnt happen once I was in the merely overweight category.

So stick with what you are doing, since you seem happy with it. If at some point you arent happy with it any more, then you can decide what change needs to be made (whether it be goal or plan)
  • Quote: 2 lbs a month. 0.5 lbs a week. Yeah that sounds pretty normal to me unless I go to extremes. There is nothing wrong with 2 lbs a month. For me the "1-2" lbs a week didnt happen once I was in the merely overweight category.
    I'm glad you got that specific. I've always wondered what "it slows down closer to goal" really meant.