Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 02:15 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down 300+ And Ready To Try Again......#214

WELCOME!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!

Last edited by QueenB; 09-16-2002 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:19 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Unhappy Please ignore the ramblings of an idiot

Hey gals,

I don't know if you have witnessed this first hand or not, but I have been told a deranged psycho with serious PMS has somehow gained access to my screenname and password and possibly may have made a post on the last thread. From what I understand, she was seriously in the throws of PMS at the time of the post, and can't really be responsible for anything that was said. I don't think she really realized that she had PMS to be honest. Sources closest to the individual say that after she made the post, she got off work this morning, went home and her eldest child, who should have already been at school informed her he had to stay home from school today because he couldn't find his school i.d. badge, her dh was running around like a chicken with his head cut off stating that someone had lost his shoes, (even though he's the only one that ever wears them) and last, but certainly not least.....her youngest child informed her that since his brother didn't go to school today that he didn't have to go to school today either because he had gas. At this point, the woman, somewhat already dazed and confused, vehemently announced her displeasure at the whole situation and was met by the response of her dh who said, "Gee, I knew when I went to the grocery store yesterday I should have picked up some tampons." Although her dh's response was very crude, he hit the nail on the head somewhat. So it is this reporters opinion that the woman who made the previous post was suffering from serious PMS and should be totally ignored, or you will just have to take anything she said with a grain of salt because four days ago she had her arm around Tony Stewart and she just hasn't been the same since.

Last edited by QueenB; 09-16-2002 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:07 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

Gee...I wouldn't know anything about that! What's PMS?
Old 09-16-2002, 07:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Dear Reporter,

You know, I almost asked whether your subject was in the throes of serious PMS but I was afraid she might be more upset if I suggested it. Being of the age where one deals with hot flashes & night sweats I have not so distant memories of PMS. In our house the P. stood for pre or post or present. That covered all insane situations. :LOL:

Tina: Glad you're feelin' better.

j-ann
Old 09-16-2002, 08:11 PM   #5  

Oh, Tina, you are not alone - I have the same feelings - well - not the Tony Stewart ones - but all the rest.

Listen to Thin!!! Don't quit....I don't have a husband, I don't like my job and my co-workers are immature - so I see you as "lucky".

All the while I was pigging out and gaining this weight I avoided mirrors. When I finally did see myself in a picture I didn't recognize me....truly I didn't. (maybe the answer is NO pictures)

Sometimes I wonder if I just don't want to lost weight - enough!
Enough to actually have the discipline to do it. I have to make myself believe "I am worth it"....

Well, I posted so you all know what that means.....One yep One whole day of journaling....aren't you all amazed.....I also did 20 min of yoga and walked for 1/2 hour. I am now going to look for my weights....

Really, this is me....Lucky....(but not THAT lucky, yet )
Old 09-16-2002, 08:14 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Arg! You mean I wasted that great soapbox post on PMS????? Well, fine then!

I'm here to tell you that my day has gone GREAT!!! I was up at 5, kicked DH out of the house at 5:30, climbed back in bed by 5:45, stared at the clock until 6, decided enough of this $hit! Got up, checked e-mail, read post from crazy PMSer, wrote opinion, got dressed. Was out the door by 7:35, at first bra job at 8:00. Girl I had appointment with wasn't there but did the job anyway. Ran from one side of town to the other to get to WW meeting by 10. Stayed the same after being on vacation! Yay, ME!!! Stopped at the bank, had lunch job with #1 son (grilled chicken salad), did PO job, did second bra job (this time manager I made appointment with was in a meeting ), did another PO job. Finally at 4:30, I stopped at the fruit market and loaded up with all kinds of good stuff. Got home, did Lean Cuisine's, watched a movie. And now...........I'm dead on my feet! Can anyone beat my day??????

Oooops, almost forgot.......drum roll please.......I journalled!WooHoo! The truth be told, I got in all my water and fruits and veggies too!

I hate when this thing will not let me post all my smilies. Why do they give us so many if we can't use them all at once? I'll be back.

Last edited by thinthinker; 09-16-2002 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:15 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default I'm back. Part 2

Now for the list of 10 things, not in any particular order:
1. I'm not at all funny! (some think that's a plus)
2. I love cats, kids, husbands and other furry creatures with all my heart.
3. I have a sarcastic tongue. (some don't think this is too great, but sometimes it comes in handy)
4. I have nice boobs. (DH's point of view)
5. I have pretty brown eyes. (means I'm full of $hit most of the time. Also DH's point of view)
6. I am very opinionated, have soapbox , will travel
7. I am a successful business owner.
8. I have a great reputation for being trustworthy and reliable.
9. I'm a good wife and mother (just a lousy housekeeper)
10. I'm organized (but you can't tell it from the piles of paper on my desk and elsewhere.....hubby calls it my 'file by pile' system)

Well, that was kinda fun. As I read over the list, I notice that alot of them could be considered bad traits too.

Since it's Motivation Monday, I have to relay what one of the receptionists at my WW meeting said today. She figured it out and said that when we screw up a meal, we shouldn't be so disturbed about it because one meal is only 4.6% of your week. And even if you screw up for an entire day, that day is only 15% of your week. If you were to subtract the whole 15% from the week's total you would still receive a grade of 85% which is certainly more than a passing grade. I thought that was an interesting way to look at it. So many times we mess up one meal or one day and say the heck with it for the entire week. When if we would just get right back on track, we would only be losing a miniscule portion of our weightloss week. Think about it.

Well, girls, I'm off to get some paperwork done. Catch ya all later.

Last edited by thinthinker; 09-16-2002 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:38 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

I am really really really pms'ing right now to the point where I am mean so I won't even attempt to post to anyone or do the 10 list! I will catch up with this tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone! I am going to bed before I rip the couch apart or something! I hate it when I am like this! Its not very often either!

TTFN Michelle
Old 09-16-2002, 09:23 PM   #9  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Well, I had a pretty good day I suppose....went to my thesis class (after getting up late again...I was going to start my walk away the pounds video, but I was too tired cause I had slept less than 4 hours..::sigh::...slowly but surely!!)
I've decided to do my thesis on the teen self image, and how that relates to socioeconomic status, as well as peer image of poverty/wealth...gotta look for some journals...i need 5 good sources by Wednesday..egads!! All I ate today was two sandwiches and Manicotti...I am pretty sure I stayed under my points, but I'm not going to eat anything else just to make sure.
Yeah, yeah I know that I should be JOURNALING but I'm just being realistic with myself here I'll never keep up with it. I keep track of points as i consume them..usually by writing them down somewhere but I have a pretty good memory about that stuff. I also drank like 5 glasses of water...i'll have a couple more before I go to bed this evening.

Tina -
No need to apoligize for what was said...it served its purpose..you dealt with what you were feeling...as cruddy as it may have sounded, it was the truth...which does indeed set us free, I think

Speaking of PMS...I just went off the pill and am prepared to deal with whatever consequences I am soon about to pay *clutches stomach* I was practically dying today in class, this guy TJ kept giving me these sympathetic looks, I felt kind of silly but I've never really been good at hiding my emotions from the world...I'm pretty transparent.

Thin -
Sounds like we both like to get on those soapboxes every once in a while, eh? I'm pretty opinionated myself...yeah that can be a good or a bad thing, but in my experience it has drawn cool people toward me. Namely my best friends
Yeah, I don't like the smiley limit either!! *growls* Did you have any luck posting those pictures? Hehe.

Ok ladies, I must away and do some research *dramatic exit stage left*
Old 09-16-2002, 09:54 PM   #10  

Thin, I may have found my TWIN!!!!

I'm not at all funny I think you are!!!

These are me too.....
I have a sarcastic tongue.
I have pretty brown eyes. (means I'm full of $hit most of the time-been told this many times.....)
I have a great reputation for being trustworthy and reliable.

I entered my food into Fitday...(not sure this is really me...may have been taken over by an alien) and did well.....on to day 2.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:57 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

MORNIN'

Just stopping by for a quick "Hello". It's a beautiful day. I AM going to go for a lunch hour walk today if it kills me. We get so few glorious days that I want to enjoy the few we get.

MEL: Good Luck on your thesis. Teen Self-image. Now there's a topic for discussion if there ever was one.

Off to work.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:52 AM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Hey gals,

Sorry about my meltdown yesterday. The thing about it is, even though I was seriously PMSing, (and still am) I have somewhat regained some of my sanity today. I do want to say though, as pathetic as it was, everything I said on the last post is true. It wasn't just the PMS talking. I have a way of keeping certain things to myself & then when the ol' TOM hits, sometimes unfortunately, they come out. Everything every one of you said to me hit home and made me feel better, and I dont want a one of you to think you wasted your time trying to pick me up. PMSing sometimes lets things out that I normally keep in. When I sat there at the desk typing those things, they were truly coming from my heart and they are still inside me. I'm just not letting them flow as freely, because it doesn't do me any good to get down in the dumps, I have to do something about it. I know that.

J-Ann: Thank you so much for all your helpful advice. I really appreciate you. Although I haven't known you very long, you have become a very important part of this thread and I hope you know that.

Lucky: I am so proud of you. Congrats on your journaling, walking & did you find those weights yet? You are absolutely right you know, I have to feel that I am worth losing the weight. It's just a matter of making the effort.

Thin: You are so funny. No, I definitely cannot beat your day. Reading your post just wore me out. To have such a busy day and getting in all your fruits and veggies and journaling.......that is awesome! Also, I hope you don't think you wasted your on me. It was a wonderful post & it did my heart good to hear it. I even printed it out and put it in my scrapbook for times when I get down. I love you Thin and thank you.

Michelle: Sorry if the PMS is catching girl. It's a &%$#@! isn't it? I don't get this way very often, but when I do, I can be a bear. Have a good day sweetie and at least you had enough sense not to post instead of looking like an idiot like I did. I even thought about going back and deleting the entire post, but I decided not to, because even though I should have maybe worded it differently, they are my true feelings.

MissMeliss: Thanks for all your good advice. I appreciate it. Like you said, as cruddy as it sounded, the post I made was the way I feel, I just need to find a better way to deal with it. Very good topic on your thesis too. I've got a 14 year old I can ship your way if you want him. He's a little lazy and forgetful and is known to stuff things under his bed so he can announce, "Mom, I'm done cleaning my room!" But all in all, he's not that bad.

Baylee: I guess you almost did have 12 women immediately pissed off, didn't you? My TOM is absolutely aweful. I go through about two boxes of tampons not to mention pads as well. I have some fibroids too and when I'm on my period, I hurt like you wouldn't believe. It feels like someone kicked me in the stomach with a steel toed boot. The pain is almost unbearable sometime. I am generally in a good mood and I really try to keep an eye on myself when it's about PMS time, so I will be on my best behavior, but sometime this monster just gets out of it's cage!!

Kat: My dear dear friend. Thank you for pulling me up when I was down. Thank you so much for the PM. I am keeping it so I can read it when I am in the throws of PMS again. (not that I have to have PMS to get down) I thank you so much for being there for me. Your humor and love are just one of the things that bring me back here everyday no matter how I'm feeling.

Mary: Sounds like you have been super busy at work. Did you know what you were getting into when you took the job? I bet your wonderful at it though.

Hello to everyone else and I hope I didn't miss anyone. I need to go back to the insane post to see if I missed anyone that posted to me after it, but I'm scared to go back. I don't want to get near it again!!

Ok, here we go: (you sure are making me use the old brain this moring Kat)

10 Things I like about me

1. I love people
2. I am a good mother & wife (like Thin---horrible housekeeper)
3. I am very generous
4. I think of others before myself
5. I do have very nice eyes
6. I seldom get into arguments with people
7. I am open to new ideas
8. I always try to treat people the way I would want to be treated.
9. I never meet a stranger
10. I am always willing to help

They may sound silly, but I was truly honest about this and I had a hard time with it too. There isn't a whole lot I like about myself, but I will try to change that. Not that I would want him to be any different........Lord knows I would never want him to say, "Gosh Tina, you need to lose some weight." But in a small way, dh is part of the problem. He loves me just the way I am. For most people this would not be a problem, but with him being happy with me, it makes me complacent with the way I am. Inside I am unhappy, but when he comes up and tells me how beautiful I am, sometimes I start to believe it, until I look at a picture and see what is real. Ok...........I'm heading down the PMS road again, and I do not want to go there, so I will hush for now. to everyone. I really do love you guys.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:41 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Exclamation Midol, anyone?

Good Morning my lovelies...

I had the greatest post going last night...all color-coded, just the right amount of smilies, funny, cheerful, etc...along came my daughter who just needed to use the computer for just a second, I swear! I come back 20 minutes later and the computer's off, my lovely post gone with the wind...*sigh* There's another teenager for you to study, Meliss!

Boy, I think I did start an epidemic! I'm like Typhoid Mary with PMS! I never used to get it like I do now...I always thought it was just BS too...I'm always surprised by it...I will get these overwhelming feelings of, "God, I hate people!" usually when I'm at work and when I stop and calculate how many days away TOM is, I'm like, "Oh, yeah, PMS!...And don't crowd me! I'm a bit claustrophobic on a good day...don't invade my personal space when I'm PMSing! grrrrrrr! My family lovingly refers to me as "Cujo" on those special days.

Lucky! I am so proud of you! I knew you had it in ya! As a matter of fact, last night when I sent to reply to your post, I had to go write down all my stuff for the day first...just because YOU did! Keep it up!

Thin... I think you and Lucky are both funny! And I love your "opionated-ness!" You always have good advice, keep it coming!

Baylee... YOU"RE *&%@$%# RIGHT THERE'S SUCH A THING! (kidding)! I'm glad you had a quiet night at work...Sometimes, I'd rather it was busy, it makes the time go faster...but don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

J-ann... Have a nice lunchtime walk. It is nice out today...what a great way to clear your head of "work stuff" and re-energize. I used to love a lunchtime walk when I worked days.

Michelle... Hope you're feeling better today! Did the couch survive the night?

Tina, baby... Don't apologize for your feelings...and don't delete them!! They're part of you. This is the best place in the world to get them out, cuz we UNDERSTAND!!! Okay? OK. And, by the way...your hubby is right...you ARE a beautiful person! We all are! What we see in the mirror or in a photo is really only a part of who we are. The fat does not define us...at least we shouldn't let it!

Mary... Your library is one happening place! I want to go there! Ours is so...boring...just books! I want to learn how to quilt...have been saving material for years to make a patchwork quilt...how hard could it be?

SaraJoy...How is Moses today? I'm glad he's feeling better...wouldn't it be nice if we could put our pets on our insurance? They're definitely part of the family!

Malia... what's happening? Countdown to Europe...are you packing?

Steph... how are you? Pop in and give us an update!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
2cute, are you home yet???
We've missed you!

All right, I'm outta here...lots to do today...ooh! Did I tell you? I've been to the gym TWO DAYS IN A ROW!! ~and~ I went back to Curves last night after a 3 month hiatus! They're opening one in my town, about a mile from here, I can't wait. Such a good work out in only 30 minutes. I am feeling the effects today! I raced from there over to my gym for a 90 min Yoga class last night...it feels good to be moving the bod once again, AND eating right AND drinking my water AND journalling!

This time I'm really going...Have a great day all...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 09-17-2002 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-17-2002, 01:05 PM   #14  
Dancing those pounds away

Yes Kat... I am here.
I am sitting here crying as I read all of your posts.
I have been in this funk for soooo long I don't know if I am going to make it out of this one or not.
I did get a smile from Tina's post ... thanks.
It is just toooo painful to read of everyones success right now.
Not neccesarily weight loss success.... success is willingness.
Willing to journal, willing to exercise, willing to try again.
I don't seem willing to do what it takes.

Please know.... I may not always be here posting... but you guys are ALWAYS in my heart. I am just sooo overwhelmed with my failures... failure to be a good example to my daughters, failure to be a good wife... not perfect.... but not even good.
I read your 10 lists and say... "I used to be that way".
I don't know where I have gone. I don't know where the old me is anymore. I "used" to entertain. I "used" to be the first to greet newcomers. I "used" to be able to say...."yes I am fat , BUT I do this and I do that" Now all I can say is... "I am FAT".

Maybe I could blame it on PMS. LOL But my periods have been messed up for 10 years or more from my weight. No one to blame but ME.

Wow... I bet you wish Kat didn't ask about me. LOL
Sorry... I wasn't even going to post. I don't know why I did.
I guess it is because all of you are soooooo kind and loving.
I guess it is because I miss you.
I guess it may be because you guys are my refuge from the real world. I don't know. I didn't want to be a downer.

Now that I have quit crying... should I delete this.? No.
I do still know one thing... airing your emotions is good for you.
I am a true believer that we all should NOT hold stuff inside.
I hold everything inside... I always have. That is one reason I am fat. I need to let it all out more.... and so do all of us.
Now... I need to not wallow in it.
Thanks for listening. I think I needed that good cry.

So you don't worry about me... I am headed for Missouri in the morning. My sister goes to Houston for her follow-up on her cancer .. so I am going to Missouri to watch after my parents.
I love my parents... but this never ending caregiving sure takes its toll on a person. I feel sooooo sorry for my sister who is the MAIN caregiver. I don't know how she does it.

(I just wrote a note but it sounded snotty. I deleted it because I don't know a "nice" way of saying what I want to say.
Basicly...it said... don't make up excuses for my failures. I know you all are loving human beings that will want to make me feel better. There are no excuses... many many people have a MUCH harder life than mine. I just need to grow up and deal with it better.)

All my love. 2cute
Old 09-17-2002, 01:10 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

2cute...I just want to say welcome back. No pep talks or excuses, just welcome. We are always here for you.

{{{hugs}}}
Closed Thread