Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #16  

Hey nicholejoy!

I just want to point out that not only have you lost 13 pounds (go!), you have just now come up with one of the best country song titles I've heard in a long time:

"He Done Me Wrong (Stop Me from Burying my Face in McDonalds)."
Hiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #17  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Friday night I was supposed to go out for dinner with my boyfriend and his family. I'd told him multiple times that I had a track meet. I left the meet EARLY after running a 6:41 1500M and getting my personal best in shotput. As I'm flying out with my parents to meet him, he starts texting me, and a number of those were what his mother said, which were extremely hostile. His mom told me to go eat with my aunt and mother instead. So my mom was so upset, that's exactly what she did because she didn't want me at her mercy. So now even though my boyfriend is a great guy, the psycho family might be driving a huge wedge between us
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #18  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I get this completely. My dad left emotionally when I was 12 which is bigger than when he really left when I was 15. He called me his "favorite daughter" (because I was the only daughter) until I was 18 when he had a new daughter. I rarely get to see my dad as he lives across the country. Last summer we planned a birthday party for him and my brother and I traveled down to be with him. Long story short, the trip did not go as planned and I didn't get to see near as much of him as I had anticipated. He was going to visit with us for four hours when I thought we were getting him for the entire week!! I turned into an emotional wreck and my emotions turned back to that little girl of 12 who'd been left emotionally.

I think when it comes to our dads, girls have a tendency to revert back to whatever age they were when they were first hurt. It's just a theory, but it happens to me when it comes to him. And I'm still resentful of my little sister, which is absolutely absurd as a 35 year old mother!!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Ha ha thank you Hiya! Where can I submit the song title and earn royalties ??

And Eliana, I agree with you so much! I am a 32 year old mom as well, and nothing gets to me like my dad/ the divorce/ the stepfamily. I'm sorry your trip was so disappointing- so unfair. I would love to take a survey to see how many of us 3FC's have Daddy issues!!

Anyway, this experience taught me to just be more upfront when someone says something hurtful- especially because they probably don't realize they're doing it. Like- "that's great you're going to a family reunion- I'm assuming you're telling me because you want to know if I'm available to join you?" They say depression is anger turned inward, and I have this bizarre cycle of someone making me angry, I get depressed and snuff out the emotion with food. Maybe this strategy will help break that cycle!!!
nicolejoy is offline   Reply With Quote