Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Pants. . .argh!!!

Does anyone else have a pair of pants you can wear no matter how much you gain and/or lose?

I have a pair of dress slacks for work I got from Avenue. They are a size 20. I wore them when I was 9 months pregnant. I wore them when I weighed almost 245. And I'm wearing them today!

True they are waaaaaay too loose, baggy in the rear and legs, and the waist is gaping. BUT, my hips are holding them up!

They are apparently super-pants! I can't outgrow or undergrow these things!! And when I get home today, I'm giving them up. They look horrible, hide my loss, make my efforts less noticable, and they are history.

A couple pounds away from my first mini goal. Guess I'll buy new pants to commemorate.
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Woohoo!!! New pants! I am so looking forward to that.

And yes, I have also experienced the super-pants phenomenon. Seems most of my pants can stick with me through a 30 pound range. But that could be because I don't notice when pants are too tight...
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

My Lane Bryant Right Fit jeans still fit after 50 lbs! LOL! But I refuse to wear them! I was a color blue (curvy) so the waist is cinched. My hips will hold up that cinched waist until kingdom come apparently!

I also have some horrible stretchy/spandexy pants that fit at any size, though they were starting to look not so pretty at my highest weight. They're loose, but they cling to the body and when I would sit, I could actually feel my belly on my thighs. Blech. Those probably still fit too, but again...I refuse to wear them.

Just in case you didn't know, plus size pants have about a 20 lb range between sizes where as the lower sizes have about a 10 lb difference. So plus size pants really do fit longer.

Last edited by Eliana; 05-18-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #4  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

YES! Infuriating! I have a pair of grey work slacks that are size 16s and they are HUGE in the butt and the legs and everywhere....but the waist Grr
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #5  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Eh, I still have a bunch of "clown clothes" in size 18 to 24 * that I wear around the house when I'm doing heavy-duty cleaning (because I don't care if they get ruined) or when I'm just lounging and want to feel comfy (rather than sexy). It really doesn't bother me. I've upgraded my work clothing as I've gone along, so that it's not baggy, but I'm not going to spend lots of extra money on stuff the world never sees right now.

* For reference, my actual size currently is a 12 to 14.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Just in case you didn't know, plus size pants have about a 20 lb range between sizes where as the lower sizes have about a 10 lb difference. So plus size pants really do fit longer.
This explains a lot. Though, I also found it really annoying when the size 16s were too tight and the size 16+ or 18 were bagging off me. Even in the same exact style and pant! That's how I ended up with the too tight 16s that I then gained even more weight in before starting to lose. I'm willing to bet I'll lose 30 pounds and they'll still fit nicely...

That's why I don't know if you can call them super-pants, or just me being and idiot.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

LOL I too have a pair that I can't seem to not fit completely. I wore them at 200 pounds and now, almost 30 pounds less, my hips are still holding them up.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #8  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

In my mind, many of my bigger clothes still fit. I am very hourglass shaped so now matter how much I lose my pants are never going to fall off me and my boobs are going to fill out my shirt.

So I've been relying on my friend's husband and my beau to be my clothing judges (not that I asked, but they get very vocal when I wear something too big). So for my nicer clothes I have a few outfits in the "right" size (14-16) but like WarMaiden I still have an awful lot of size 22 that I'm wearing when no one can see me.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #9  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I have a pair of pants that I got at Old Navy in size 10. They were too tight at the time, but I wanted to be a 10 (actually Old Navy 10 is probably more like a 12). They were stretch so I stretched out the waist.

Now the pants are too baggy, but I love the cut and color. I would wash them to shrink them, but they are still too big. They literally fall down if I try to walk fast or run in them.

Not ready to give up these Old Navy pants though. I love them to death. I wear them with a belt that is now too big for me. I can pull the pants up and down with the belt on at the first hole.

Hmm, maybe it's time for new pants and a new belt.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #10  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

i cut out on normal pants. lol. if i buy a pair of normal fit pants they fit in the belly and are too loose everywhere else. call me crazy, but ive moved on to the lower jeans that just sit on the hip. it requires a top that isn't too tight so you can't see my belly roll, but it's way less annoying than the pants that are clinging to my gut and falling off everywhere else!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #11  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

I think I have the same black pants from Avenue!! I bought them when I was around 230.....at one point I got to 213 and was still wearing them. Now I am 250 and still wearing them. They're magic. LOL
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:18 PM   #12  
bridesmaid on the right

S/C/G: 195/ticker/140

Height: 5 ft. 3 inches

Congrats to everyone who's outgrown their clothes - very exciting! Sadly, I'm down to only about three pairs of pants that I own fitting me and one of them is a pair of sweat pants, so I guess they don't really count. I hope to be where you are one day and be able to wear my old clothes and then someday buy new ones. So far I'm holding out on buying newer, bigger clothes!
seafoamgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:08 AM   #13  

Wow!! Good to her...
bestwaytoloseweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

I have 2 pairs of XL yoga pants that I wore at my highest, including when I was 9 months pg (although since I lost weight while pg due to 9 months of morning sickness, that wasn't even my highest!). I still wear them and they aren't huge but I think it's getting time to retire them - I've got lots of other pants that are much more flattering at this point.

I'm waiting until our seasons finally change for good - we had snow last week so just because it can be 80 one day doesn't mean I'm done with winter clothes!! But once it's really and truly spring heading into summer, I'm getting rid of the biggest of my winter clothes. Not everything, although I hope that by the time it's cold again in the fall, all of it will be too big!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Default . . .and the pants saga continues. . .

This morning I was able to wear some khaki's that I haven't fit into for a few years. The waist has LOTS of room in the back, I can insert my whole hand (from pinky finger at my back to thumb at the band) between my back and the band. However, the stomach is still tight.

How does my body lose weight on my back and leave the spare tire up front?

I'll take it, no matter where it comes from, but cut me a break here!!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote