I just had to and I'm glad I did!

• Before I fell ill and gained 392732987382 pounds, my ex-BF gave me a Victoria's Secret e-card gift certificate for $500. I did not get to use it and sort of forgot about it until a couple days ago. I logged into the site and there it was just sitting there waiting for me.

I picked out and ordered $175 worth of cute new clothes in size Large (and leaving the rest of the credit in for their bigger sales they have). I can wear them at 200#, which is a size 14 for me, I am 5'9.

I was 150 before I ballooned, so I needed some nice in-between clothes as I will head down to my final goal at that point. When I am not on a plateau, I am losing a pound to a pound and a half a day, so around July 15th'ish I should hit 199/200.

It was just what I needed for additional motivation! I even did an extra 15 minutes on the elliptical this afternoon and I am going to do laps in the pool tonight and am going to commit to doing laps 3x a week. It's like, I can see my goal more clearly for some reason, more than I did before.

I know, I sound like a dork! LOL

Has anyone else here bought clothes smaller than they are right now to use as additional motivation?
  • I've bought several smaller tops on clearance and am just now getting into them (size L) and I have a pair of size 10 jean capris that I try on each month on the 4th (I started this lifestyle overhaul on Jan. 4) and see how they're fitting. At first they barely came above my knees, now I can get all of my legs into them and they come about half way up my hips!

I think you've done it in a wise manner by using only a small portion of your gift card! How exciting it will be when those new clothes arrive!
  • I thought that putting up a small clothing item would help to inspire me too, and it seems to be working! My sister was a 12 at her highest (she's a 4 now), and she gave me her pants. I could probably fit them up to my knee, but they look great hanging on my door, and they are a wonderful inspiration!

As an aside, how in the world do you lose a pound a day?
  • i did this too, actually at VS.com. i bought a pair of pants sz 10 and some medium tanks last summer for this summer. they all fit now! it feels great once they do.

also... a pound and a half a day? or a week? a day seems a bit extreme!
  • I haven't bought smaller clothes as motivation, but I have saved them. I have a FABULOUS wardrobe in my closet waiting to worn again! I can't wait!
  • I have some cute tops and some great jeans that I was able to wear a couple summers ago. I'm not sure when I will wear them again but it is really nice to take a look every now and then and tell them that I will get to wear them again!!!!
  • I have but you have to be careful---you may not be shaped the same when you get to that size. I only do it with consignment clothes that are a GREAT bargain.
  • yes ! I know the feeling. 2 years ago I bought $300 dollars worth of CUTE clothes. I'm talking low rise jeans, rhinestone tank tops, rompers, mini skirts and I'm so close to wearing them all! Its such a good feeling because I remember buying them years ago and making a promise to myself I'd wear them by that summer. I even found a cute lil black string bikini and it looks good on me now. The sizes range from 3/4-5/6. And all the tops are small or xsmall. Now, its like I dont even have to go summer shopping and its keeping me extra motivated to stay on track and get to my goals.
  • "Before I fell ill and gained 392732987382 pounds..."

Ha! I'm very sorry that you fell ill...but the rest of it made me snort coffee out of my nose just now.

And Vickie's Secret is yummy! Good on you!