Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #16  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

The day my doctor tells me to stop losing weight will be the happiest day in my life.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Thank you SO much ladies! I'm so glad I have a place to share these things where people GET IT lol!!! Seriously! It's such a relief to come home and vent these things!

To those that have asked about my plan, I've PMed you. If anyone else has any questions, feel free to PM me, don't be shy. I plan on making up a "how I did it" post once I get to goal, though. It's kind of like a mini motivation thing for me, can't wait to be at maintenance and write about it hehe.
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 191/187.6/140

Height: 5'3"

Well I am curious now too
BecomingMaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I'd love some info on how you've done it too! I saw your pictures in the link in your sig, and you look fantastic!

also, I am sure your doctor's own weight colors her perspective. You are my height and while I am not looking to lose as much as you are thinking, I know that the range for a healthy weight at our height goes all the way down into the 120s.

Last edited by PeanutsMom704; 05-12-2010 at 10:43 AM.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Your pics are great! Can I get in on your plan?
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153/133/132

Height: 5.5

Your "169" pictures look amazing. I can't even imagine how fabulous you must look right now. You are so nice and tall. Hearing your goal weight makes me think I should lower mine. I am 3.5 inches shorter than you and my goal is only 13 pounds lower than yours. I'd love to hear your story!
greenfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #22  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

im really surprised by this! your weight sounds like its healthy. my sister is 5'11 and 145 and she's thin, but not like "OMG you're starving yourself!!" thin.

my old doctor was ridic. id go in and be like, "i think i have strep", and he'd look at my chart and say, "you REALLY need to lose a LOT of weight". didnt matter what i had. at first it would really hurt my feelings but eventually i got to the point where i was just like, "yeah yeah, im fat, can you come look at my sprained wrist now????"
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

Hi JK, keep up the good work! I think 130 (is that your goal?) is certainly healthy and not "anorexic" at your height. This is something that has bugged me forever -- being criticized for a healthy lifestyle by people who are opting out of one. For most of my life, I was between 100-110 at 5'5 with a very small frame. (I was a chubby teen.) I ate very healthfully and joined a gym near my workplace so I could go there in between shifts (I was in a Broadway show) instead of going to restaurants and pigging out with everyone else on two-show days. I brought healthy brown-bag meals -- chicken/fish and veggies -- and ate it in the theater after working out. I constantly got criticized by heavier co-workers that what *I* was doing was unhealthy! Could not believe it. More like what *they* were doing and weighing was unhealthy. I looked great, could wear anything I wanted, and had boundless energy. Yeah, really unhealthy lol.

One day, this pudgy female musician (downing Fritos at the time, no less) looked at me as I was chowing down on my veggies. "You need to gain weight," she said. I walked over, took the Fritos out of her hand, looked in the bag, handed it back to her (I had everyone's attention by this point) and said slowly, "MY weight is none of your concern." And that's the last I heard of it!

Another thing -- sometimes I wonder about these weight charts. There are so many variations of body types and frame sizes, and I was (until recently) always under. That said, I went to my "welcome" appointment at a new gym and the trainer weighed me and did a body fat test. Well, I was underweight with body fat too high. (I was in shape at the time). So I was too skinny, yet too fat.

I say get a "new school" doctor and keep up the good work.
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 192/132/135

Height: 5'3

Congratulations because that's something that anyone will lov to hear..
RoseRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 240/172.4/160

Height: 5'10

It doesn't sound so very odd with your stats, but she was awfully un-tactful about it, not to mention very dismissive.
Alexandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #26  
GoingTheDistance

S/C/G: 313/252/172

Height: 5'10"

I looked at your pics and you look great...thin, but not overly thin. I would kill to have gams like yours!

Congrats to you!
renstwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:50 PM   #27  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Jk, you have given yourself an amazing gift--the gift of health and a hot bod! You look great! I hear you on your doc. The last time I was at the doctor, he asked tons of questions about how I lost weight. Then he grew quiet, "Did you have any bariatric surgery?" No, I told him. Like he could not believe that anyone could lose weight by just eating well and exercising. Crazy, huh?
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote