3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   My SO brought home fast food... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/201375-my-so-brought-home-fast-food.html)

Renwomin 05-08-2010 03:49 PM

My SO brought home fast food...

My significant other (SO) works late and he must not have packed his lunch or had a chance to grab something at work so he came home with a bag of greasy food from A & W - A double bacon cheeseburger and a side of onions rings.

I couldn't even stay in the room with him and it wasn't because I wanted any of it or it was tempting. It smelled and looked so absolutely disgusting to me. I've been thinking about the whole situation because there was -more- to it for me. I think part of it was that he brought it into our home. The best example I could think of is that if he sat on the couch and lit up a cigarette. We don't have any junk food in our house. On a base level I think I felt as if our lovely home got invaded by something foul and disgusting. I also love him and want him with me a long time. Putting that sort of food into his body is only going to harm his health. It worries me to see him eat that sort of food.

I wasn't going to say anything to him since I felt it was -my- issue, but he noticed my absence and that something was bothering me (we read each other so well). He isn't going to bring fast food junk into the house again (at least not when he knows I'm going to be home). I would have -never- asked this of him, but I can honestly say I'm relieved.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

MarthaMyDear 05-09-2010 12:48 AM

I am really glad that your SO took your response so well, because in my experience, when I have left the room when a tempting food was under my nose my husband has taken huge offense to it.

Yes, sometimes it's good to leave the room because then this would be a case of sabotage by your SO if he was not considerate of your feelings like this.

My husband often buys chips, cookies, and pop and will offer me some and have it sitting where I can see it, and even when I've tried the "out of sight, out of mind" technique, his response was not as positive as the response you received.

Renwomin 05-09-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarthaMyDear (Post 3283382)
I am really glad that your SO took your response so well, because in my experience, when I have left the room when a tempting food was under my nose my husband has taken huge offense to it.

Yes, sometimes it's good to leave the room because then this would be a case of sabotage by your SO if he was not considerate of your feelings like this.

My husband often buys chips, cookies, and pop and will offer me some and have it sitting where I can see it, and even when I've tried the "out of sight, out of mind" technique, his response was not as positive as the response you received.

I'm really sorry! I could see him making a fuss if you asked him to not have it in the house, but forcing you to be around it? That seems really extreme to me. Does he not want you to lose weight?

luciddepths 05-09-2010 09:59 AM

I asked my So this once, he brings it now only when im not home :D or he sneaks it in his car LOL