Eating Slowly

• Hi ladies,

I am sure you guys have heard of this before, but eating slowly really aids in weight loss, keeping the gas at bay and feeling fully. So, if you have a habit of eating fast, slow down and see how much better you feel and also, how much food is left over on your plate.
  • Thank you for that post I know that I have also found this to aid with the progress that I have had thus far. I know that indoing this, I tend to be unable to finish my plate.

Randi
  • Bravo,

I make it a habit to do this.
  • I used to be the slowest eater when I was heavier. . . Everyone always finished eating when I was only half done with my plate. Ever since I started losing weight I feel like I devour my food as fast as possible!

I read somewhere that eating with chopsticks helps you to eat slower. I always do this with sushi/chinese/thai food, but I think I am going to go out and buy a bunch of them and try to make it a more regular thing (especially since I am trying to avoid sushi/chinese/thai food)
  • Though slowing down one's eating is a good tool for being more mindful about food, to be honest, I don't find it to be an important part of my eating plan at all. Sometimes I eat quickly, because I have to or I want to, sometimes I eat more slowly because I can or I want to. Food is often, but not always, for me just something that I need to put in my body as fuel. My meals satisfy me because they are physiologically satisfying--lots of protein and vegetables.
  • I've always eaten fast. Honestly, I find it only matters when I'm eating out a larger container (ie: a family-sized bag of chips) or if there is more food sitting on the table, like a bread basket. If I've weighed out my food and put it onto a separate place, when its gone, I'm done.

I do, however, make myself wait at least 45 minutes after eating before eating again.
  • I have always been a fast eater and still am and have lost 157 pounds to date.