Gah!

• So my family insists I go with them for Mexican food tonight. I just got into onederland this morning and there is no way in **** I'm screwing up my diet tonight. I have about 500-600cals left to consume for today and I'm so nervous about going over. I'm hoping they have a decent dinner salad O.o I don't even know what Mexican food IS healthy...
  • I hate that. One of my best friends is having her birthday dinner at an Indian place and I really don't want to go because I know I will over my points that day even if I do plan! Aghh.

I'm sure something like a chicken wrap or something wouldn't be too bad? Maybe just drink lots of water before you go so you're semi full and then get an entree rather than a whole meal.

And if you do go over...just work out tomorrow?

Good luck and congrats on making it to onederland!!
    (Its so weird for that to be a good thing when I'm used to working in kilos btw haha. I am trying to get out of onederland tehe).
  • Totally avoid the chips and the Margarita's at all costs! Tons of empty delicious calories there!

At our nearest Mexican restaurant they have a grilled chicken and pepper dish. I skip the tortilla shells and sour cream and load it with the lettuce and tomato, avocado and salsa. It's really good and I estimate it to be around 500 calories...give or take on how big the chicken piece is. The scale is usually kind afterwards.

Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions and special order your food....If you embarrass your family enough with all your questions/demands of the restaurant, then maybe they won't force you to go to such "UNdiet-friendly places anymore. (This has worked for me!)
  • I'm back, I had to leave right after I posted.

I AVOIDED the chips! lol I ended up getting a Chicken Salad (the chicken was charbroiled, no clue what that means I prob should have asked). It was pretty much just chicken, the salad and dressing...blue cheese which was prob the worst kind but I asked for it on the side and I only used about a tablespoon; I HATE when restaurants drown salads with dressing. I was pretty darn hungry so I ended up eating the whole thing. I'm gonna log my dinner into fitday.com and hopefully did okay.

Oh and just to add: I drank tons of water!
  • I hate it when restraunts do that too. What place did you go to? Congrats on ONEDERLAND!!
  • chicken fajitas are always a better choice, though you may have to ask if they use a lot of oil when cooking them. typically when you make them at home you can just cook it in the juice that comes off whatever meat you cook.

im a carboholic so chips, avocado, and tortillas ruin me! can barely do mexican food at all.
  • Thank you Avezy44! Oh and it was called El Caporal Mexican Restaurant‎

Crystalynnn - I know what you mean! I also had my gallbladder removed so I'm pretty sensitive to fatty foods. Just hearing Mexican Food made my tummy hurt! haha

I'm pretty proud of myself though!
  • ive got a super sensitive tummy too.
    every few days it seems like ive got some trouble going on with it
  • yeah same here. I've kinda just gotten used to it. I don't really eat fatty food anyways, I try to eat as clean as I can.
  • YAY, sounds like you did great with the situation you were thrown into!!