Height

• I'm trying to figure out my ideal weight range, but I'm technically 5'5 1/2" so I've generally just said I am 5'5". But that half an inch would give me a few extra lbs. What's a good source for ideal weight ranges that allows for that kind of specifics?
  • i really dont think there is an "ideal" for everyone. just go by BMI guidelines to help and stop losing weight when you feel good. thats my plan.
  • I'd interpolate ... just find the difference between the 5'5" weight and the 5'6" weight. Divide that difference by 2 and add it to the 5'5" weight for your ideal 5'5½" weight.
  • There's about a six pound difference on the BMI charts, so I'd just add three pounds to the 5'5". That's IF you really want to be that specific. Me? I'm going for how I feel because I know my new athletic body is going to be heavier than it looks.
  • Yeah, nevermind...it's not that important. I'm getting close to the end and having trouble deciding on a goal weight so I'm obsessing about it a little. I think I like 138-148 for a range for me. Thanks!
  • if you want to get really specific, with the CDC BMI calculator you can put in a decimal, so you could calculate for 5 feet, 5.5 inches.

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/***...alculator.html

For that height it gives a range from 113 to 152 lbs as being in the "normal" weight range. Of course, there's lot's of other factors that go into what will be a good weight for you.