3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What body parts are you suprised with? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/201014-what-body-parts-you-suprised.html)

ncuneo 05-04-2010 09:59 AM

What body parts are you suprised with?

I'm really suprised that my arms look as good as the do. There is a little bat wing going on, but nothing that a little strength training couldn't fix (I hope). There are some stretch marks under them as well, but I'm ok with them. The jury is still out on my stomach and my up thighs are not what I had hoped for, but what are you happy with or unhappy with that you didn't expect?

ThicknPretty 05-04-2010 10:06 AM

I'm impressed with my thighs for the most part, except for the little pooch at the top on the inside of them. But overall, they have slimmed down SO much and are so firm and have good muscle tone, I thought that would take forever.

I wish I could say my arms!

motivated chickie 05-04-2010 10:12 AM

Good topic...

For me it's my back...it's slimming down beautifully. The rolls are gone & the little bit of cellulite on it has almost completely vanished. I adore my back now and I don't mind my broad shoulders anymore.

My stomach doesn't bother me as much as it did. I carry my weight around my belly so I am compassionate about the fat that is there. There is so, so much less. I still don't have a waist, but my stomach is much flatter.

Not so happy about my legs though- they are still chunky and covered in noticeable cellulite. Oh well, can't have everything. :)

stella1609 05-04-2010 10:15 AM

My legs. I am (or was, until I hurt my ankle, grrrr) getting runner's legs. My calves are tight, and I have amazing, strong muscles in my thighs. I never thought I could have nice legs, but now I think I will!

blueridgegirl 05-04-2010 10:49 AM

My back has come along well - no more love handles. And my legs aren't there yet, but I like my muscular calves and I know my thighs have come a long way (thank you, running!) Upper arms are much better but still want to see them improve. My breasts are shrinking which I am actually okay with.

mkendrick 05-04-2010 10:51 AM

My arms/shoulders are quite toned and slimmed. I wear those stretchy workout tanktop and I LOOK like I belong in a gym because my arms and shoulders are athletic looking.

What really surprised me was my armpit/side-boob area, haha. That's random, but I never realized how much that flab bothered me until it was gone. I can wear sleeveless dresses and such with no blob of fat hanging over on the side. Chest flies and other chest strength exercise really helped with that.

My stomach is fiiinally starting to get where I want it. At my highest weight, I figured I could lose 20-30lbs and have an awesome flat stomach just because I had never lost weight and had no concept of what me at any smaller size would be like. Well now, almost 45lbs later, it's just now starting to look like I want it. I still have a pooch, but every once in awhile, I'll catch a glimpse of my reflection and think "there's that flat tummy!"

lavenderannn 05-04-2010 11:54 AM

I am surprised that when I walk, my arms swing freely and don't bump into my sides. I am also shocked at how my butt deflated. I mean I don't even recognize it. lol. I am apple shaped, so it is my stomach I want to see the loss on, while it is not as hard and round as it was, it still hangs out there. Sigh. I would also like to see my double chin disappear.

saef 05-04-2010 12:13 PM

My face, neck, shoulders & upper chest. Basically the parts that would show in a 19th century ball gown, so it's a shame I'm not a re-enactor, an actress or an opera singer. Or someone else who shows off decolletage but not lower body routinely on the job.

What disappoints me? It's the loose skin debacle. The worst position for me is bending forward at the waist with a flat back. Which is why I don't work out wearing just a sports bra. You don't want to see my belly & breasts at that point. Also, weird little pooch at the uppermost part of my inner thighs. And the batwings. And, which I just discovered in a swimsuit the other day, my lower backside, where my legs meet my butt. It's got that cellulite texture. The memory haunts me. So now when I walk out to the pool I've got a towel draped behind me, kind of like I'm wearing a shawl. Or I could tie it at my waist like one of those skirty things (whose name escapes me ... I keep thinking bolero, but that's a jacket ...)

Eliana 05-04-2010 01:27 PM

My face is the only thing in which I have recaptured "me". So I am absolutely elated with that!! I have the same face I had in college. :D

For the rest of me, I'm not yet content, but I can say I am amazed with how small my arms, thighs, tummy and rear have gotten, relatively speaking of course. ;) I have a tendency to massage my upper arms every time my arms are folded, just taking in the firmness!

WarMaiden 05-04-2010 01:34 PM

I discovered this weekend, while looking at my side view in the mirror, that when I flex my gluteal muscles and hamstrings I can change the entire shape of my butt. My muscles are that developed now. My butt noticeably perks up, from just shapely and round...to outright HEY HERE I AM LOOK AT ME!

Yeah, that surprised me.

Everything else is a lot like the one other time in my life that I lost weight and did strength-training. Arm muscles, calf muscles, etc. I love my muscles so much.

Shmead 05-04-2010 07:32 PM

I am delighted with my forearms and my feet: two places I didn't even think were "fat" are now much slimmer and look great. I am starting to have a waist, which I never dreamed might happen.

On the other hand, I didn't expect the loose skin where my butt hits my thighs, I didn't expect my calves to remain muscular while my thighs wasted away (my calves are noticeably larger than my thighs), and I didn't expect my bat wings to be quite this bad.

But it's still all worth it. I'm not embarrassed to exist anymore!

schubunny 05-04-2010 07:50 PM

For me it's my waist, arms, and thighs.

I lost most of my poundage on my waist, then thighs, then arms. And I got extremely 'firmer' and stronger around my waist, upper arms, and thighs also.

I can almost not believe how much more I can carry, or how much my thighs can squeeze, or how hard my side core muscles are now! Before it all used to be like poking jelly.

I haven't lost enough yet to know how I am going to look at my goal weight. I am hoping (extremely) that I don't have any loose skin or pooch (mostly because I am only in my 20's). I want to be able to wear a bikini with pride before I turn 30! I just need to melt the fat around those newly hard muscles!! :)

JennieLovesKisses 05-04-2010 07:54 PM

I would say what I am surprised most about are my face and stomach. Both have slimmed down a lot and even at 200lbs my ribs and hip bones are noticeable.

A couple things I'm really not happy with are my arms and my back...That whole "back fat thing" is really starting to get annoying, lol I can't weight till thats gone!

aware210 05-04-2010 07:58 PM

I like my shoulders and my upper back. I love my waist. Pretty much everything from the waist up is pretty nice. Though i would like to tone my arms alot more.

I dont have any disappointments, because i am still in the very beginning. but i can feel everything toning up. I really hope that my butt will be amazing. Its always been big, and i have always had thick legs. But i plan on working them really hard, so even if they are bigger, they are toned and really sexy. My butt has the potential to be amazing, i know it does... i just need to get rid of the cellulite first lol.