3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I want to try C25K but I feel weird doing it alone :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/200875-i-want-try-c25k-but-i-feel-weird-doing-alone.html)

JennieLovesKisses 05-05-2010 10:12 PM

Veil - I'm doing good. Yeah I start on Tuesday the 11th. I believe I have 3 days left of level 2 of 30DS. I'm so ready to be done with it lmao. This is my second time around and though I love the video, I'm getting kinda bored of hearing the same thing everyday. MAN its been so cold here, I see snow on the mountains...but I'm still gonna start my running next week no matter what!

Veil 05-05-2010 10:31 PM

JennieLovesKisses- About 30DS, I was wondering if hearing the same thing over and over would drive me crazy too... Did you see the option on the DVD where you can opt for music, but no talking? I'm gonna try that when I know the routine better.

JennieLovesKisses 05-05-2010 10:43 PM

My friend just sent me her video though a file, I don't think I have that option at least I don't see it. I would just mute it and play music in the background but it opens up with the same program I use for my music so I can only have one thing going at a time.

mypunkrockromance 05-05-2010 11:01 PM

I am doing it now and I have a workout partner but am frustrated that she is not as committed as I am. So it may not always be beneficial. But is there a runners/walker group in town? I am constantly seeing groups together in the park where I run. Maybe you could start your own! Great way to meet people.

Veil 05-10-2010 05:58 PM

How's everybody?

Today, I upped my intervals to 3 minutes run then 1 minute rest (I'm modifying the program so it works better for me). It was pouring all day today so I decided to go running out in the rain instead of the gym... and I LOVED IT!! It felt so good to stay cool while running. =) I feel I am getting addicted to running... and that blows my mind!!

JennieLovesKisses 05-10-2010 06:14 PM

Thats great veil!

I actually went running and walking this week (not using C25K plan) just to get myself used to it before I start. My boyfriend did run/walk with me those days. I can tell already its going to be harder than I thought. lol, I ran only about 3/10ths of a mile and we walked the rest going uphill so that prob didn't help, totaling 1.5miles each time we worked out. I'm excited about tomorrow though...and a little nervous! hehe I'll keep you updated on how things go. :)

lights76 05-10-2010 06:20 PM

I am doing Week 9 Day 2 today after work! Only 2 runs to go and I can officially say I am a graduate. The first couple of days are definite sweat inducer but you definitely feel energized and rewarded as you move up in the weeks!

JennieLovesKisses 05-10-2010 06:59 PM

Oh I do have a question to those who are currently doing C25K...do you typically run on flat ground? or do you run/walk uphill at all?

I'm planing on running up and down my street for now, until the weather here gets a bit nicer to go to the lake (has flat trails). However, my road has small hills I'd have to deal with. Should I stick to the flatter section of my road?

Veil 05-11-2010 10:20 AM

Jennie-- I'm sending you positive energy & strength today!

Regarding your question with hills- I'd stick to flat in the beginning, but that was my preference. You will need to slow your pace and dig deep going up those darn hills, but it uses up more calories, so yay!? Another positive: hills will maybe tone our legs faster? If you come to a hill but you still have some time on your run interval, I say, "keep going"! Planning ahead and knowing your route will help, because it sure can be depressing when you have a low energy day and lots of hills-- (ugh, kick me when I'm down why don't ya!) I don't know if this rambling has helped..... Hills or no hills, it's mostly a mental challenge. You can do it!!

StuffedBunny 05-11-2010 11:10 AM

What is the 30DS?

JennieLovesKisses 05-11-2010 02:09 PM

Thank you Veil...I think I'll still to the flatter ground for now haha.

StuffedBunny - 30DS is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred program.

StuffedBunny 05-11-2010 02:42 PM

Oh ok.

Good luck with the C25K thing today!

It's looks interesting, I looked it up yesterday. I know my boyfriend wants to start running so maybe I'll talk to him about it and if he's interested I'll give it a go!

JennieLovesKisses 05-11-2010 04:05 PM

30DS is a great workout video! This is my second round of it and it still kicks my butt! haha

And thank you! I'm a little nervous about it still...the other day when I ran, I only ran like 2/10ths of a mile and was out of breath haha. I hope it was at least a minutes worth because thats what I gotta do today and do it like 8times. lol

StuffedBunny 05-11-2010 04:15 PM

Yeah I can understand the being nervous thing. But if you can stick with it, running is such an awesome workout and once you reach your final goal it'd be an awesome way of maintaining both your weight and muscle! So I think it's an excellent thing to start doing...

JennieLovesKisses 05-11-2010 04:25 PM

For sure! I used to run in high school actually, 2-3miles...but rarely outside, It was usually on a treadmill or an elliptical which feel completely different! lol I'm def looking forward to getting rid of these thunder thighs I've got going on too! HAHA