so this is my first diet in a looooooooooonnng time..

• hey girls,so im new to 3fc...kinda nervous and excited to start my journey with what i hope will be my friends?and get healthy on the way.im planning to take it one small step at a time,like making small changes healthier food choices..like the saying goes "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" but i goes im gonna replace miles with pounds jaja lame i know..but yeah just wanted to see if there is anyone out who feels the same way...let me kno
  • Hello and welcome to 3FC!!!! I'm glad that you're here. This is a great source of encouragement, advice, information and support.

I have found for myself that eating healthy won't happen on it's own. It won't happen by chance. It's got to planned out in advance. In other words I have to have the right foods on hand (and take them with me if need be) ALL the time. Keeping my home FULLY loaded with the healthy stuff (and ridding it of the UNhealthy stuff) is VITAL. I can't stress that enough!! It's one thing to want to eat healthier, but I've got to make sure I've got that salmon, chicken breast, etc in the freezer. I've got to make sure I've ALWAYS got apples, oranges, melon and salad fixings in the fridge. I always have a LARGE array of veggies ready to be roasted in the house - cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli, beets, string beans, and so on. Yogurt, eggs, fiber one cereal, skim milk, etc.. So for me, it's thinking out my menu ahead of time, doing the shopping and then KNOWING what each and every meal/snack will be for the day ahead. It's much easier to stay on plan when you've got one!

I look forward to getting to know you better and hearing of your progress. You can do this. You absolutely can. We ALL have the ability to lose weight and BE healthy. And I'm glad that you're excited. I felt the same way. I finally didn't dread the changes that needed to be made, but I looked forward to them and was excited about it.

One more tiny thing - your font/color/size is a tad hard to read. Just wanted you to know.
  • Well done for taking the first steps! it's my first diet in aagggeesss too I agree with robin, you must plan everything, I keep a food log on my phone which counts all my calories for me. I know each and every day what I'm going to be eating, and I know that if I eat those things then I'm on plan xxx