3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I don't understand how I let myself go. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/200503-i-dont-understand-how-i-let-myself-go.html)

Crystalc189 04-28-2010 02:12 AM

I don't understand how I let myself go.

I hope that I find support here to help me get to my weight goal. Tell me how some one gains 40 pound in a 3 years ugh:(.... Its so hard and its depressing... Wish me luck.. :)

Onederchic 04-28-2010 02:14 AM

You've come to a great place for support, advice, inspiration and more. Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

ninepaw 04-28-2010 02:17 AM

Not that this makes it any better, but I gained about 1/2 that in less than one year. :stress:

But the great thing about both of our stories, is that we realized what happened. More important than that, though, is the fact that we're working towards making changes to fix the issue. :hug: That, and we have this fabulous community of amazing individuals who are all going through, or who have already gone through, what we're doing right now! It's some of the best support ever, trust me. ;) We're all here for each other... And that includes you! So lots of hugs! :hug: Because you CAN do this. And it will be amazing and wonderful and AWESOME! :carrot:

Crystalc189 04-28-2010 02:31 AM

Thank you girls so much..

Onederchic 04-28-2010 02:40 AM

You're welcome :)

ninepaw 04-28-2010 02:54 AM

Any time! :hug: I know it's hard right now... But I promise things get better!!!

losermom 04-28-2010 07:05 AM

Crystal, I can totally relate to your story. I once gained 50 lbs in 3 months! It took me 1.5-2 years to take it off slowly... You are in the right place. All of us here understand what you are feeling and are here to support you on your journey.

renstwin 04-28-2010 10:32 AM

Same thing has happened to me. I can gain 40 pounds in less than one year. One day you pull your favorite jeans out of the dryer, and you can't button them anymore!

The important thing is that you are here! We can do it, it just takes a little time and effort!

PaulaM 04-28-2010 10:35 AM

The same way we all did, one pound at a time. And that's the way we're going to lose it too!

seabiscuit 04-28-2010 10:38 AM

I gained a lot more than that in one year if it makes you feel any better. I can understand your frustration.

As other chicks have said, we have each other! We can beat this weight struggle! You're not alone!

:hug:

SCraver 04-28-2010 02:47 PM

I gained 100 lbs in five years!! Whoo hoo!! I was 150 when I gratuated from high school and one year after I graduated from college I was up to about 250. As I gained, I think I was in denial. And also, at that time, I really just did not have the skills or knowledge to know what to do. I thought I had to starve myself to lose weight. And if it didn't come off immediately, then I would give up.

BUT now I am here! Losing it bit by bit!! Regretting that I let myself get so heavy isn't going to undo the past (unfortunately!!). All we can do is look forward towards the future and keep working at it.

Gold32 04-28-2010 04:54 PM

Yeah, my freshman 15 was a freshman 30. How does it happen? How does it NOT happen? Between way out of whack proportion, lack of healthy options, sugar and HFCS being added to EVERYTHING, the American need to fry whatever is edible (and sometimes inedible)... Truly, if you are not actively armed with knowledge and fighting it, I think it is almost impossible not to gain weight.

And yeah, it is SICK how long it takes what takes such a short time to put on. Losermom- 1.5-2 years to undo 3 months? Ug, how much does that suck!

But we do it, one pound at a time. Because it's either that, or continue to be fat, unhealthy and unhappy.

But at least we can all do it together. :)

beerab 04-28-2010 05:15 PM

You know the freshman 15? I gained a lot more than that- in four years I managed to gain 40 lbs and then after I got married THIRTY more. So I went from a girl who was 165 lbs, probably a max of 30 lbs overweight, to someone who needed to lose 100 lbs. It happens to us ALL- the good thing is you are doing something about it now.

WarMaiden 04-28-2010 05:16 PM

40 pounds in 3 years is actually only about 128 calories extra per day. When you think about it, that's not really a vast quantity of food--half a bagel or so.

I realize that what you really meant was "How was I not conscious of this happening," but, I think it's important to understand that small quantities, over time, do add up. (Or take off!)

caryesings 04-28-2010 05:58 PM

I put on 100 lbs in a little over a year, 20 years ago. The interesting thing is, I seem to be losing at the same rate. My one year weigh in last month had me down 80 lbs.

I remember being astonished at frustrated at how "fast" I gained that 100, but sure feels slow coming off.