New Habits having a Positive Affect on Others

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • When I take the stairs at work I notice some people waiting for the elevator change their minds and take the stairs!

I've been leaving myself motivational messages and my husband left me one last night (see my blog for more of the story)

I started a biggest loser at work 2 months ago - I lost 7 lbs, but one of the guys lost 14 lbs!! It just ended, and everyone wants to start again May 1st. We all put money in a pot each week to play the winner ended up with 600$!!
  • My DH has definitely embraced a healthier lifestyle since I've started my journey. He's cut out his sodas and has drastically changed his diet. He's even eating the same dinners that I'm eating. So far he's lost about 15lbs.
  • Really good topic
    Really interesting to see this brought up because I had a conflict with someone who I was trying to influence positively with his food intake. Like my trainer says and I know from having had a horse for four years, you can lead a horse to water, you can't make it drink.

I was pleasantly surprised though when I was out with friends and a lot of us ordered salads- it felt great!

I think a lot of people are like me in that they will be ready when they are ready to change, can't force it.
  • Since starting out my best friend has joined the bandwagon. I'm not sure she's as strict as I am with tracking food, but we workout all the time at my gym.
  • My boyfriend now eats "produce" where before he wouldn't. He's slowed down on soda and drinks more water and juice (which to me is a step up from soda.)

My boyfriends mom tries to cook vegetables now for her family, and make the kids eat fruit. She tries to buy more 100% juice than soda too. She tries to be more active too, she did the 5K I just ran with me. Now that I type it, it doesn't seem like much, but I can really tell. My boyfriend lost an inch or 2 in his waist and went down a shirt size (SMALLS! GRRR now I can't sleep in his shirts!!)
  • I started because of the inspiration of someone else, so there is a huge domino effect, which is really, really cool. Think of all the people you may never know you've affected!

Like many, my husband hopped on board because of me. Now my two best girlfriends are losing weight. One has lost 25 lbs already. My brother is jumping on the healthy eating band wagon, trying to lower his cholesterol, yeah!! Our son is growing and maintaining. Can't ask for more than that! Our youngest son begged me to start packing his lunches because school lunches are crap.

So yeah...I'm pretty proud of myself and the effect I've had on others without really saying much to anyone.
  • I have been visiting a friend's house for a week now who lives with her mom. When they saw my progress, they both joined Weight Watchers.