5 pounds lost in a week?

• Okay, yeah I'm happy but umm... that just seems like a lot to me. I've only exercised twice this week and my food choices have been fair (but way better than before)
  • First week is pretty well meaningless: your body is adjusting, shedding water, etc. In fact, don't be surprised if you don't lose any weight at all next week: if that happens, it's just that you DID burn fat but you also regained some water.
  • Probably mostly water weight. But you're well on your way. The same thing happened to me my first week. I lost 8 pounds, in 10 days! I haven't weighed myself in a week and I'm kinda nervous. :P
  • Enjoy the big losses that come in the beginning, regardless of what they are! Congratulations and keep going!
  • Same thing has happened to me. I've lost 4 lbs this week.
    So I'm in the same boat as you. Haha.
  • I lost big numbers the first couple weeks then things slowed down to a pound or two a week. I agree that some of it is water weight. That is why fad diets like the soup diet appear to work. The dieter changes their habits just long enough to lose the water weight and think they are seeing fat burning results. Fat, water or a combination of both are still reasons to celebrate your loss and your great start