The fear of gaining it back

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Quote: Forget what *it* says. The only one you can go by is you and what YOUR body tells you.

I find those calorie calculator thingy-s. HIGHLY inaccurate and always telling folks more calories than they need. They are merely guesstimates and shouldn't be viewed as written in stone.

I really think you should consider going down to 1400 calories for 2 - 3 weeks and monitor your results. But really, really, REALLY adhere to it. Give it a shot - what have you got to lose (except for some unwanted pounds).

And if you switch around your calories, you can get just as much volume (even more) and you will not even notice the difference. Switch the prunes to some fresh fruit, the 3 tablespoons of hummus to salasa, instead of trail mix - cucumber salad. Play around with your calories. You've got some room.

Oh and as for those smoothies every night - yeah, I could see where that could get pretty old. Why not try changing things up a bit?? A lovely dinner of butternut squash soup, chicken marsala and roasted string beans. Or sweet and sour chicken meatballs served over spaghetti squash with a nice side salad. A turkey breast wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and mustard with a small sweet potato.

Get re-excited about what you set out to accomplish, revamp your menu a bit and make your dreams become reality.
    Thanks for the advice Robin! I will try and mix things up a bit. I"m really digging the chicken meatballs served over spaghetti squash.

I sometimes thing it's a mind thing too, like not thinking I'll get over the hump that is the 190's will really keep me there. I need to be more positive about where I"ve come from and where I'm going.

So you think 1400 calories regardless of how many I burn from excersice?
  • Quote:
    So you think 1400 calories regardless of how many I burn from excersice?
    Yes, yes and more yes.

It's your calories coming in that matters the most. I keep my calories consumed totally and completely separate from my calories being burned. Calories coming in - it's time to shake things up and bring this baby home!!

190's hump? No, it won't just happen on it's own - you've got to get out there and MAKE it happen. You CAN do this. You've just got to work for it. But boy is it rewarding and worthwhile. Those 190's (and 180's and 170's, etc..) they don't stand a chance.

I'm excited for you. Amaze yourself with what you are capable of doing!!!

Please keep us updated as to how things are going. I look forward to hearing of your progress.