3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   300+ and ready to try again...#212 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/20009-300-ready-try-again-212-a.html)

VermontChick 09-12-2002 12:09 AM

300+ and ready to try again...#212

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

VermontChick 09-12-2002 12:17 AM

Ugh, today is definitely a fat day :(...i hate that gross bloated feeling you get...you feel like...like a piece of ham popping out of your tight jeans and bra...at least that's how i feel, especially during certain times of the month..grrr.

I've made a goal to try and post here every night, and every night I'll try to post my goals for tomorrow...even if they're small...I need to feel like i am actively doing something to get this weight off...cause right now i don't. I'm such a slacker...I was just posting in the "buddy up" thread, talking about how my issue with weight goes far beyond aesthetics. I don't want to lose the weight so I can sport a cute pair if jeans...I want to lose it so i can do every day activities with more ease...like for example something simple like PUTTING SOCKS ON. It's terrible!! I have to sit down to do it, most times :( Things like that..oh and squeezing into little college desks is always a fun experience...don't even talk to me about airplanes, that's a disaster.

So do any of you have similar feelings about this stuff?? Ugh, i've been really really depressed about it lately. I feel like i am invisible when i walk down the street.

So, anyways ::ahem:: my goal for tomorrow is to stay within my 25 WW points. I need to wean myself off of these crappy habits.

Take care
<3Mel

QueenB 09-12-2002 03:27 AM

Hey guys!

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth..........I've just been a little busy the last couple of days. Work has actually kept me entertained and Trey had a football game last night.....which, I would like to mention that he WON! So far his team is undefeated and he is having an awesome time. Food has been so-so. Not really good..........not really bad. I have been drinking my water though and that is a good thing. :smug: The only thing I drink at home is water unless I'm having a boca burger or something like that, and I have to have a diet coke with that. I also wanted to let you know I am going to see Tony tomorrow! Woo Hoo! He has a personal appearance in Sevierville, so we are heading that way. Say a prayer that I don't get all tongue-tied like the last time and clam up. :foot: I would like to say to 2cute: Welcome back sweetie. I missed ya! To everbody else, I will be back tomorrow night and will post individually. Take care of yourself. I love :love: you all!

Grannie39074 09-12-2002 07:26 AM

Good morning ladies
Hope all of you are well. My son goes for a test for a job today. Keep your fingers crossed. It is just a temp job but thats better than no job.

Food was not good yesterday I ate 4 choc chip cookies. But they sure were good:cookie:

Queen, tell Tony I said hello
Where is everyone else. Hope you all have a great day op
I'll try. I have not journalled in quite awhile I know I need to get started again but I can't seem to.

I am still floating around 195
I did buy a size 18 slacks this week and a cute sleeveless sweater with cats on it The store just had one and it was in my size whats the odds of that.

Well I better run eat catch all you later
:dancer: :dance: :cb:

:grouphug:

j-ann 09-12-2002 10:01 AM

Hi Everyone,

Busy day today, work all day then I have to get an estimate or 2 on the car :cry:, go to Sam's Club for pretzels (among other things), go to the mill for dog food, and be at the Y by 7. Somewhere in there I have to fit in a lite dinner. Probably just chicken and a salad.

MARY: OK step #1. Find a blank journal.
#2. Find a pencil.
#3. Put them either on the kitchen table or in
you pocket.
#4. Everytime you plan to eat anything...
WRITE IT DOWN!
See? Isn't that easy?

TINA: Don't get tongue tied this time when you meet Tony. :foot: Have a great time tomorrow but be careful around those tempting foods.:cbg:

BAYLEE: The dress sounds lovely. GREAT IDEA :idea: going to an earlier meeting to keep you motivated. I hope your leader is as encouraging as mine.

MEL: Mine was theater seats. I hate being crammed into a seat and elbowing the folks next to me for 2 or 3 hrs. (I'm sure they don't like it either.) It's good to remember some of the reasons, other than health, that we are losing weight for. Thanks for reminding me.

Back to work,

SaraJoy 09-12-2002 01:18 PM

Hi Ladies!

Just popping in quick before I ATTEMPT to go for a jog this afternoon. I say ATTEMPT because it's definitely hotter here today than yesterday but it's not REALLY hot, so I'm gonna give it a try. Normally I'd just wait until this evening to jog but I have that impromptu girl's night for this weekend's bride at East Side Marios and I have no idea how late that will go... so I wanna jog now to be safe!

Mel... Wow! You know, there are a thousand everyday practical reasons to lose weight! A lot of good ones have already been mentioned (plane seats, movie theatres) but what about....

1) Shopping in general! Nice, quality clothing for plus size women is WAY more expensive than regular clothing... Nice shoes are always too narrow, etc.

2) How about little, weak chairs? Last year, the company I was working for had a camping trip and some of the managers brought all their lawn chairs with them... they were SO small and whimpy looking but they were the only place to sit! Halfway through the campfire, it collasped on me! I was SO embarrased that I could have cried! Now THAT'S a story I've never told anybody before!

Baylee... :) I THINK my husband said "I won't have a good time unless you get a new dress" because he knows I always have a better time if I feel confident with myself... and USUALLY, if I have a good time, HE has a good time! He's too indulgent with me! If something will make me happy, he wants me to have it. I KNOW I'm pretty lucky! I have to monitor myself because he very rarely would ever mention that we don't have the money or we need something else more... USUALLY I'm very thrifty so it's not a problem but LATELY, needing a whole new wardrobe, I've been spending a fair chunk of change on myself. Then again, I may be justified spending money in this situation! There's nothing better I could do for myself than lose weight and spending money on clothes is a reward!

ANYWAYS, Baylee, good job on going to an earlier WW meeting, if that's what you need to keep you motivated! Do WHATEVER you need to do to make your weight loss goal a reality! :)

J-Ann... Have an awesome time at the Y tonight! Seems like you will have had a pretty busy day by then!

Tina... Hope you don't faint right in front of Tony! :lol: I'm looking forward your post tomorrow!

Okay, okay, I'm going jogging!

TTFN,
Sara :)

VermontChick 09-12-2002 08:53 PM

Well I DO feel a heck of a lot better today than I did yesterday...mostly because I am under my points for the day and I don't think I'll be eating anything else :-D My goal for tomorrow is to stay within the points, but also to wean myself onto the water once again. :-D

Baylee -
I know what you mean, I get all determined not to eat more than I should, but then the food is placed in front of me and I think "awww, just this ONCE will be ok..." But I am trying to teach myself to NOT think about food all the time. I am convinced that the only way to lose weight is to gradually adopt changes in your life every day..it's the only way I have ever been able to lose weight, and keep it off (at least for some time ).

Queen -
I don't know who Tony is...bit of confusion there..and Trey? hehe (I guess I'll find out soon enouch, eh?) Uh...you mention water...water is so hard for me to drink when the weather starts to get cold (like now...I live in NH, where the weather is so unpredictable...it was up to the 100's and 80% humidity this past week...yet yesterday it was so windy we had a weather advisory for dangerous winds...trees were going over everywhere...tonight it's supposed to be in the 30's but i digress...)

Mary -
I long for the days where I can fit into an 18 again, LOL...when i get down there again i swear i'll be skinny in comparison to what i am now!!!

j-anne -
OH MY GOSH...THEATER SEATS!!! I didn't even think about that one...they are the absolute worst, actually...I must admit they're even worse than airplanes...I feel like potted meat whenever I have to sit in one of those...::shudder::

Sara -
As for shopping for clothing, I know it's harder to find good clothing...it's hard to find stuff you can WEAR! The "fat people" clothes are usually so nasty and tent like....I prefer to go to Lane Bryant because all the other stores just seem to stock up on sweatpants and loony toon t-shirts.
As for the cheap camp chairs..do you mean those stupid things with like three legs that have no back to them? I remember sitting in one once and all it did was, one of the legs sank into the earth...though i guess if i had sat in it enough it would have broke on me...:( that's awful! :(

Well I'm going to get back to my outlander book
:flow1:

2cute2Bfat 09-12-2002 11:46 PM

HI guys... just taking a break from packing and cooking.
We are leaving in the morning for Roaring River State Park in Missouri... won't be home until Tuesday. We have both side of a connecting duplex rented. All of my kids and grandkids are going. We should have a nice time...if only it doesn't rain on us. They are predicting rain Sat and Sun. Grrrrr
Have a great weekend and see you when I get back. :wave:

katrinabgood 09-13-2002 10:19 AM

Good Morning, all...

How is everyone today?

It is another beautiful day here...only about 65 degrees at the moment, sunny and breezy. PERFECT WALKING WEATHER!! I've already noticed a few trees just barely starting to change color...Oh, I love Fall! Gotta get my butt outside!

You may be seeing a little less of me in the future. After thinking long and hard about this, I have come to the conclusion that I've been going in the wrong direction, weight wise, and a lot of that stems from the fact that I am spending WAY too much time sitting in front of this computer, TALKING about losing weight, but not really doing much about it. Eating cookies while reading your posts WON'T do it, I have discovered!

I will probably check in every couple of days or so. At least this way, I'll have something to report. Theoretically, the time I save by NOT sitting here will be utilized at the gym! Or at the new "Curves" they're putting in right down the road from me. I have GOT to get my act together, and drastically change some of my more sedentary habits.

That's not to say that I won't be dying to know how Tina made out with Tony....or, did Mary's son get the job? or, how was Niagra Falls for Thin? or, how was 2cute's vacation? or, Malia's European jaunt...or how school is going for Michelle...or did Lucky get LUCKY with the UPS guy? Or, did Sara break all records for losing weight? Or how was Baylee's WI? (not Wisconsin) Or did j-ann get the car fixed? Or has Mel been back to the theater? I NEED to know the answers to these questions and more...

I love you all, maybe too much, so I have to cut my time here short...I'm already 20 minutes OVER the time I alloted for myself this AM....SEE WHAT I MEAN?

Take care, gang..."see" you soon...with good news to report, I hope!

SaraJoy 09-13-2002 12:35 PM

My poor, poor little Moses...

Hi gang!

Where the heck IS everyone today? Come out, come out where ever you are!

For the first time in my life, I'm acutally making a 2 second post! My poor little kitty cat, Moses, was very sick all day yesterday and today and I'm taking him to an emergency vet visit in a few minutes. Poor little guy... he's 3 years old and usually as healthy as a horse so he's got me all upset!

I'm be back to post more in a bit!
Sara :(

MichelleK 09-13-2002 02:08 PM

Where is everyone!

Kat I hate to see less of you around here! Have you considered eating an apple at the keyboard instead of those cookies? Hmmmm....what are those darn cookies doing in your house anyway? And...another thing...if you aren't here you BETTER be at the gym or walking 'cause if I find out you aren't and your aren't here then there will be heck to pay girlfriend!! Hey...since its nice and cool out today why don't you just take a walk on down here and visit me! That will burn some calories for sure! I know...I'm such a smart a*s!

Sara I hope your little kitty is ok! Let us know how you make out!

2Cute have a great weekend! Those grandkids should keep you hopping and burning!!

Mel...the water works wonders! I won't allow myself anything else to drink for the day until I have gotten my water except for a cup of coffee on the mornings I work! That way I know for sure I get them in...it has become my beverage of choice now!

Baylee thanks for the info on the ephedrine...I kinda had a feeling it was the bad stuff I heard about. Its a shame because it works wonderfully! I threw it out and wouldn't let John take it either. How did you do at WI (not Wisconsin)....did you weigh today? I'm going to post my results at the end!

Mary those chocolate chip cookies will get you in trouble every time! Just like those redneck boys your mama always told you to stay away from! I married one of them...should have listened to my mama back then! I did finally dump him though!

Tina...where are you....do tell us about Tony now! Hurry back!

Well everyone! I had my WI (not Wisconsin) today and......drum roll please!!! I lost 9.2 lbs....Don't ask how because I have no idea....I do know that I did drink my 8 glasses of water a day AND I stayed within my point range....except one day I went over but I had banked some points so it didn't effect me! I also know that this program WORKS if you work the program...can you imagine what I would have done if I exercised all week? Geeeeshhh...if I could only lose 9 lbs a week I'd be skinny by Christmas! But...I know thats not realistic!

Ok I gotta get my rear off of here...I have a house to clean, some last minute shopping to do for the birthday party, some potato salad to make, deviled eggs to make and then I gotta pick up my little guy from daycare!

TTFN Michelle

bobsgal 09-13-2002 02:36 PM

Wow Michelle- 9 lbs. YGG!:cp: That's great. Kat-sorry that we won't hear from you as often, but you gotta do what's best for you. So you get out there and exercise. Those pounds will be gone before you know it. Exercise and water are going really well for me. I had a couple of slip ups eating wise, but nothing to major. My weakest time is nighttime. I seem to get the munchies. I'll have to work on that. Sara- sorry to hear about your cat. Hope he feels better soon. Tina- hope you had a good time with Tony and congrats to your son. Baylee- hope you had a good WI. Anyone else I'm forgetting- have a great weekend.
Steph

katrinabgood 09-13-2002 03:13 PM

Okay, so I'm a BIG FAT LIAR!!! I was busy cleaning all day, sat down for a minute with a huge glass of water, and here I am!! NO cookies though, I swear!

Well, I stayed away for ......hmmm...about 5 hours!?! I can't help it, you guys mean so much to me, I will figure something out...maybe limiting my time to 1 hour a day...we'll see. Oops, I alreasy went over that before, so I'll make this brief...

Michelle, Baylee...YOU GIRLS ARE AWESOME!! MY heroes! It just goes to show how well the points system works...I guess if you actually count the points and eat only within your range...I get it now... :lol: Okay, I can do this!!

My water's done, so I'm gonna run...keep up the good work, gang...

SaraJoy 09-13-2002 03:33 PM

WOW!

BAYLEE AND MICHELLE! Wow! What did you guys do?! Cut off a foot?! :lol: CONGRATULATIONS! You guys are off to a GREAT start! Woohoo! This thread is WEIGHT LOSS CENTRAL! I'm so happy for you guys! :twirly: Keep it up and before you know it, it'll be 50 or 60 or 70 pounds lost! The scale registered me at 65 pounds lost this morning and I'm feeling great!

I just got back from the vet's with my little kitty, Moses. I think he's gonna be alright. I was afraid that he had some kind of urinary tract obstruction (he wasn't peeing at all but he was throwing up lots) but it looks like it's just something like the flu. He got a shot to calm his tummy and the vet put him on some tummy-gentle food for a week. Moses is a HUGE part of mine and my hubby's lives; we love him SO much! I could hardly sleep last night because I was so worried! He's looking better already though! :) I don't know if I can handle being so worried about ACTUAL HUMAN children! I'll probably be one of those frazzled, hypochrondriac moms when the time comes! :lol:

KAT... Well, just don't be TOO much of a stranger! Hmph. In my opinion, posting can be such a HUGE part of weight-loss. It keeps me really focused on what I'm doing! I'm such a grump! :lol: I understand you doing what you need to do to lose weight! But, as Michelle said, YOU'D BETTER BE EXERCISING IF YOU'RE NOT HERE! :lol: Everybody LOVES you here!

Well, I've got a few chores to do so I'm gonna take off for a bit but I'll be back shortly!

Toodles,
Sara :)

MichelleK 09-13-2002 07:44 PM

Phew...I needed to come here for a break! I love entertaining but I always wait till the last minute to do stuff. I made the deviled eggs and the potato salad. Now the hard part is keeping John from eating them tonight! I did up all the dishes, got all the rest of the food I needed for tomorrow and put it away. I just remembered I need to go in the closet and find the plastic cutlery and get that out. I do need to make up the little loot bags for the kids. I got those little junky toys and some bob the builder fruit snacks and of course a little candy to put in them. I like doing that kind of stuff. I still have laundry to fold and put away, and a million and one toys to pick up and then dust the living room. In the morning I will clean the bathroom after we are all showered and dressed and Andrew and I have to go pick up his Bob the Builder cake oh darn...I just remembered. I still have a cake to bake! I ordered 1/4 sheet cake and I was going to bake a cake to make sure we had extra....we have like 24 adults and about 7 kids who say they are coming. John is going for a job interview tomorrow at 8:30 then he is picking up his nephew and his son...he doesn't have a car anymore...then they are all going to Jersey to pick up John's dad so he can be here for the party. He lives with one of his daughters. He had a stroke about 10 years ago and he can't drive anymore. So....needless to say...John is outside cleaning up the patio, the table, the yard and the carport as I sit here and rambling on to all of you about my stuff! Boy....you all must be saying so what Michelle!

Well....Sara I am glad your kitty is going to be ok. I know how you feel. I have always had a dog who was my faithful companion. She was like my child! She was a Keeshound named Quiche. She went everywhere with me and she was my protector. I had to put her down the week I moved to Pennsylvania back in 1998. She was so ill. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do! But...my son...he is my life! And its unexplainable how you feel about your own babies....I cry when he cries, I cry when he is happy and I cry when I have to leave him with someone else. I love that kid more than anything in this world. All I can say is that its AWESOME!

Baylee Baylee Baylee....congratulations! You did a wonderful job! Doesn't that give you the motivation to try and get that off again next week!!! I always aim for the same! It gives me something to work for all week long! I can't wait to get back on the scale again when I am having a great week! I just need to get out walking now. The weather is suppose to be cooler all this week so I should plan to hit the road!

Well I better get off here and finish up what I need to do! I'll catch up to you all later!

TTFN Michelle

Grannie39074 09-13-2002 08:33 PM

Hello ladies

don't know if son got the job yet. maybe in a few days.
Congrats to all the weight loss girls thats great.
Better go have bookwork to do.:)

LuckyLadyBug 09-13-2002 08:40 PM

So, how are all you chicks doing? It's been raining and dreary here. Darn,I won't be able to mow tonight!!! I have been thinking of moving furniture around so I can have better access to my "stamping" stuff. I don't do it now because everything is so inconvenient to get to.

What's everyone doing this weekend?

Any luck looking for that man? I don't have much patience, just so you know.

You would think being gone from work Monday and Tuesday would help the work situation but it hasn't. I was just thinking I have started to complain about everything in my life, which isn't how I usually, am but I realized I have no where to go but up. That is a good thought.

Baylee and Michelle...you go girls....I am so proud of you.

Kat, I understand but don't want you to go. Make your computer a "no eating" area. That's what I have done - no eating while on the computer.

I want to be a loser too so I have to, you've heard this before, get it together. I was totally out of control for two days and hate it.

Tomorrow is rake, mow, dig in the dirt and haul some rocks day so I should get my exercise in. Anyone want to help!!!!!

Not "Lucky" yet....but I told them at work I wouldn't be at the Christmas party unless I was married!!!!!

VermontChick 09-13-2002 09:40 PM

Well I managed to stay under my points for today, but I certainly didn't get any of my water in :?: I didn't get into bed until about 3am, which means I wasn't up until the beginning of the afternoon :^: So let's just say I got a late start, eh? I can't post for long because I need to get some reading done, and what better way to score in a few glasses of water, eh?

Oh, a quick question...for any of you ladies who have been on/are on the pill...if you stop taking it, do you lose a little bit of weight gain it? I only ask because I gained around 7 pounds when i stared taking them a couple years ago. I hear it's not good to be on them for a prolonger period of time, and since i am not taking them for "traditional" reasons, i've decided to try stopping...little nervous though cause it's REALLY nice being so regular...:(

QueenB 09-14-2002 05:34 AM

Sorry I haven't posted sooner.......

Unfortunately Tony did not throw me over his shoulder and carry me away to be with him, so I am back. (of course if he did, NASCAR would have lost another driver, I don't think he could drive with a broken back!) :lol:

What I didn't tell you guys is that I am an administrator on a Tony Stewart website and he was expecting me because we were doing something special for the webmaster of our site. (it was her birthday) So, I didn't even have to wait in line. I just called out to his PR guy, Eddie and we (me & dh) just went up on stage and waited until Tony got up there. I didn't say anything, because I thought it would be too nerve wracking.

Ok, here we go! The appearance was at the Nascar Speedpark in Sevierville, Tn. I thought it was just going to be an autograph signing. I had no idea Tony was going to be racing on the little go cart tracks with some of the fans. Listen to this..........I was absolutely FLOORED. We are standing there in line before Tony gets there and one of the Nascar Speedpark employees walks up to Ron (dh) and says, "Do you like Tony Stewart?" (not the she could tell, I mean he was only decked from head to toe in Home Depot clothing) Of course, he said, "Yes." She then asked him, "How tall are you?" He told her. Then she said the words that made me want to puke........."Do you want to race with Tony on the track?" OMG!! Of course he said, "Uh........YEAH." So she gave him a little ticket showing that he was reserved to race with Tony. I had no idea they were going to race on the track. That was the most awesome thing I think that has ever happened to him in his life. I will attach a picture on the next post. The race was awesome! Ron said it was the coolest thing in the world to get passed by Tony Stewart! How many people can say that?(of course, if we're telling the whole truth-----passed TWICE) Sorry hun. I can't express in words how much that meant to him. Ok, I'll go on. I just HAD to tell you that.
So, everything starts settling down and it's almost time for Tony to start autographing. I see Eddie (Tony's PR guy)up on the stage, and I wanted to make sure he knew I was there. (and everyone was right..........even though I was a bundle of nerves, I felt much better this time) So, I yelled up to Eddie and he motioned for me to come up on the stage with him. So I walked up there with him and he said, "Ok, Pam (Tony's mom) talked to me and Tony, (I had sent her an email earlier in the week to see if it would be possible for me to do something special for our webmaster) so what exactly is going to happen?" So I explained what we wanted to do (it was the webmasters birthday and I had made a poster that said "Happy Birthday Karen" and Tony was to hold it so I could take a picture and post it on the message board) and he said that was fine and he started kidding around with me saying that Pam told him I would pay him. He is very funny. Anyways, I asked him if he just wanted us to take care of it when we went through the line and he said no, for us to go ahead and come up on stage with him right then. HOLY COW!!! You can tell by this time I was about to turn into a puddle. So, he tells the other PR and Speedpark employees that it's fine for me and Ron to be up there..........that Tony knew about it. So............now we're waiting on Tony. He gets there after about 10 minutes. (all the while people that are standing in line are looking at us like......"who are they?") So cool. So, Tony comes up there and says hello and talks to a few people and then the mayor makes a presentation to him. He gives this really awesome speech about how much he likes Tony and how he is his favorite racecar driver and then gives him the key to the city. Then Tony comes and sits down at the table and Eddie motions towards me and Ron. I have to take care of first things first.......( I knew getting the picture for Karen was a given) but this girl was not gonna miss her chance........so I asked Tony if I could get a picture with him!! I really wanted to be next to him instead of leaning over the table to get a picture with him. I can just see me leaning over the table and it starting to scoot and it smashes Tony and he falls over and well.........you get the picture. Here are the headlines: "STEWART FAN ASSAULTS TONY!" So he says, "Sure, sweetie." (hehe.....sweetie) So he is sitting down and I go right next to him and put my arm around him and Ron takes our picture. I TOUCHED HIM! I even gave him a little pat on the shoulder. Once again, I thought I would vomit. My lips were literally twitching as I was smiling. So then, I give him the sign and he holds it up and front of him and Ron takes the pictures. Tony was so awesome about this. After Ron took it, he said, "Are you sure it took? I didn't see the flash." He is so awesome. (I also got one of him signing it) Tony has been having a little bit of trouble lately and us die hard Tony fans have not been taking it lightly, so I looked him right in the eyes..(he had glasses on, but I could still see his eyes) and I said, "I hope you know, TSOT(our website) is behind you 100%." He said, "I really appreciate that sweetie." (He called me sweetie again) (sweating puddles) Then I said, "No, we support you 110%!" And he said, "Wait a minute......you can't do more than 100%" and he smiled and I said, "You give more than 100% so we can too" and he smiled so big. I thanked him and Eddie again and Eddie made one more crack about getting paid, and I told them to thank Pam and Tony told me to have a safe trip back home and I think I floated all the way out to the parking lot. I can honestly say, it was one of the best days of my life. I took two rolls of film and I will be getting them all scanned & posted as soon as I can, but I do want to include my favorite.

QueenB 09-14-2002 05:40 AM

Here's Ron on the track with Tony!

Grannie39074 09-14-2002 08:24 AM

All I can say is way to go Tina

LuckyLadyBug 09-14-2002 09:47 AM

Tina, did you have fun:?: :lol:

Loved your picture.:T :cp: Here is a :grouphug: for doing such a great job! With Tony and your report. I could feel the excitement. I caught the end of a race last weekend and didn't realize they go around that track 500 times. :fr: Only a man could come up with a job of driving around in a circle 500 times and get paid for it.:doh:

Well, it's cool and windy here so I have no excuse for NOT getting out there and getting to work.

Tina, I will be waiting for more pictures.

katrinabgood 09-14-2002 11:48 AM

I can't keep away!

So, here I am! I made a promise to myself, that I can't come out to play with you girls until I have gotten something done around the house AND that there will be NO eating at the computer, AND when I'm done here, it's exercise time, which I should have done first because we all know what a liar I am!! I have to cut the grass as soon as I'm done here, and then I'm taking the boys and the dog down to the beach to frolic and scamper.

oops...lawn ranger guy is here to give me an estimate...I sent him around back and now the dog is barking her fool head off...

Tina, what a great story...it sounds like you handled yourself remarkably well...no puking or anything! What a memorable day for you AND dh!!

Michelle...I hope the party goes well...I think you'll need a week of rest after it's all over...oh yeah, almost forgot...
:gift: :hb: :cp: HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!

Lucky, I'll be thinking of you cutting your grass, as I'm out there cutting mine! Do you guys have ragweed in Minnesota?? I'm usually a mess during september because of it...sneezing, sniffling, snorting...oh yeah, I'm a sight.

Mary...fingers are still crossed for sonny's job!

Sara Joy...keep on jogging, girl...you're doing great!

Baylee...you've inspired me to get my WW book out again and start counting those points again...okay...AND the daily exercise...we can do this!

Mel...not sure if the pill's weight gain works in reverse...but I doubt it! Always so much easier to put it on than to take it off, isn't it?

Steph, maybe we can come up with some good, low cal "nighttime munchie" ideas for you...how about it girls?? What are your favorite "legal" snacks??? I could use some ideas, myself! I love Jello Fat free/sugar free instant pudding...1 point per serving (which means 4 points for the whole thing!) Not that we'd ever need that much, hehe but it's good to know...:ink:

Time's up for me...gotta get moving! Have a good weekend all...
Love ya!

thinthinker 09-14-2002 12:59 PM

Hey, girls! :wave: I'm back! Of course I've been here catching up for a good part of the morning and now it's almost 1:00. I'm starving, because of course I came here first thing. :D I missed you guys.

The weather was just perfect in Niagara Falls, mid to upper 70's. Perfect for walking around and sightseeing. DH and I went to Niagara on the Lake this trip. It's a beautiful town on the point where the Niagara River comes out onto Lake Ontario. The streets are planted with flowers everywhere. And being the first part of September they were all in the fullest of bloom. The main street is divided in some areas with planters and the streets are lined with planters. There are hanging planters from the street lights. I can't describe how truly lovely it is. I took some pics with my digital camera. I'll have to unload them later and see if the site will accept pics of that size. No time just now though. I took too long reading and trying to catch up with each of you.

J-ann: No buffalo wings for me. Don't like them. Guess I'm lucky! :D

Sara: The air conditioner blew a capacitor. That's why the expense. Better than the $400 we paid in NC to get that one fixed! * Down another 4? OMG! That's wonderful! Don't be thinkin' those crazy "I'm not losing fast enough" thoughts. They will get you in trouble every time! Slow and steady is the way to go for lasting weightloss. You know that!!!! * That dress sounds lovely. * Hope Moses is doing better. I don't know what I'd do if Max got sick.

Mary: Sounds like your work schedule isn't easing up at all. Since when does quilting lessons have anything to do with a library? * The new top sounds cute. You lucked out on the size. * Here's hoping your son gets the job.

Baylee: 7.8# is Wonderful! Good for you!!! Remember if you feel you need another shot in the arm, you can attend as many WW meetings a week as you want to, you don't have to WI (not Wisconsin) at them, you just go in and sit in a chair and participate in the meeting.

Michelle: 9.2#! OMG! What a loss. Those week 1's back OP are wonderful, aren't they??? * Make sure to give Andrew a birthday hug from all of us!

2cute: Welcome back, my friend! I'm glad you have found your way home. Enjoy your weekend and then we'll see you back here on Tuesday!

Malia: WOW, a month for vacation! That's wonderful! Also, wonderful is breaking that plateau! Good Job!! The starchy thing, geez, that's kinda what 2cute was saying. She does so well when she cuts those carbs. There's got to be something to it.

Steph: Hi there, good to see you.

LuckyLadyBug: OMG, gotta love ya! "I practiced being interested in every word they said". What a hoot! The only thing funnier would have been if you actually wrote: practiced pretending to be interested...... But I think that's probably what you meant to say anyway! :lol:

Melissa: Yup, we all feel that way. On this trip I had to fit with DH in the casino shuttle bus seats. Not my idea of a fun time! Hang in there. We can do this a little at a time. * And dang, you just have to get Tina started on who Tony is, don't ya????? Maybe she won't read your post. Tony is Tony Stewart. Nascar race driver. Her idol. Her dream man. Her everything. *Thin says whispering, very quietly*

Tina: You keep changing your avatar and I keep thinking we have a new poster. I'm sooo confused!!!! :) Great story. I'm sooo glad you had such a wonderful experience.

Katrina: You're so funny! I can't stay away either. And when I do, it takes me longer than if I was just regular here, because I have to catch up on all the reading. Can't win. Just have to be here!

Well, girls, I hope I've caught each of you. I will try not to be gone again as it's too hard to catch up here. I found this in my e-mail basket when I got home and I wanted to share it with you. It's a letter written by an 83 y/o woman to here friend:

Dear Bertha,
I'm reading more and dusting less. I'm sitting in the yard and admiring the view without fussing about the weeds in the garden. I'm spending more time with my family and friends and less time working. Whenever possible, life should be a pattern of experiences to savor, not to endure. I'm trying to recognize these moments now and cherish them. I'm not "saving" anything; we use our good china and crystal for every special event such as losing a pound, getting the sink unstopped, or the first Amaryllis blossom.

I wear my good blazer to the market. My theory is if I look prosperous, I can shell out $28.49 for one small bag of groceries. I'm not saving my good perfume for special parties, but wearing it for clerks in the hardware store and tellers at the bank. Someday" and "one of these days" are losing their grip on my vocabulary.

If it's worth seeing or hearing or doing, I want to see and hear and do it now. I'm not sure what others would've done had they known they wouldn't be here for the tomorrow that we all take for granted. I think they would have called family members and a few close friends. They might have called a few former friends to apologize and mend fences for past squabbles. I like to think they would have gone out for a Chinese dinner or for whatever their favorite food was. I'm guessing; I'll never know.

It's those little things left undone that would make me angry if I knew my hours were limited. Angry because I hadn't written certain letters that I intended to write one of these days. Angry and sorry that I didn't tell my husband and parents often enough how much I truly love them.

I'm trying very hard not to put off, hold back, or save anything that would add laughter and luster to our lives. And every morning when I open my eyes, tell myself that it is special. Every day, every minute, every breath truly is a gift from God.

If you received this, it is because someone cares for you.
People say true friends must always hold hands, but true friends don't need to hold hands because they know the other hand will always be there."

I don't believe in Miracles. I rely on them.
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!!

The last line says it all. I think that because of our size, sometimes we forget to 'dance'. We need to take more time to 'dance' and not let life just pass us by.

I love you, my friends. :grouphug:

VermontChick 09-14-2002 02:52 PM

::swigs at liter of water::

Tina -
Ok, the whole hero worship thing isn't all that unfamiliar to me. Unfortunately my hero was someone with less credibility (i think). Let's see....first of all let me just say that I can totally relate to the feelings you experience when being near an idol, :lol: When I was 18, I met the Backstreet Boys:smug: It was indeed unexpected - I was with my cousin in Providence for a show, and she was finishing a cigarette..the opening act had actually already started playing, but we didn't really care for LFO or Aaron Carter (ironic they both ended up getting pretty famous for a while there...especially AC). Anyways, I couldn't believe it when my vision focused and they started walking towards us..they gave me little buddy pats on the back, :lol: and Nick Carter (who at the time, made me melt thanked me for not screaming and acting like a 'girl.' I wanted to die right there. I didn't even get to say much i was so tongue tied (and for me, that says a lot).
It got better, because in the middle of the concert I wormed my way to the front, and stood on a milk crate and Nick looked over, smiled and pointed at me again, LOL. Anyways, I digress....I used to have it bad...some 7 concerts :/

Katrina -
Our dog does the same foolish things. He's a terrior toto kind of dog...(scottish terrier?)...It's funny because last time we locked him up into a room when my friend and her husband came over, he barked and barked and barked...so finally i just decided to let him out and let him have his way...he trotted out calmly, walked over to the couple and sniffed, let them pet him and then proceeded to jump into Adam's lap :lol:...we joke cause we think he has alzheimer's. FYI: NOT eating at the computer...what a GREAT idea. I've consumed all of 14 points today...and well...it was all in one sandwich...I love deli meats and breads..those would be my weaknesses ::sigh::

Michelle -
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. I can't imagine what kind of parent I'll be...I feel bad cause I'll prolly end up saying to **** with the birthday thing, and let them take a friend to the toy store or something, :lol:

Ladybug -
Good luck with all that domestic yard work...:lol: that's good exercise...which reminds me...tomorrow I definitely need to do my walking tapes.

I have these "walk away the pounds" tapes...and they're wonderful...I love being able to walk in the "privacy of my own home" ::plug, plug::...but seriously it's really quite nice...they have these little weights that go on with the walk too, and you tone your arms....I was a good little doobie for half of the summer...I did the exercises all through may and june...i think i was discouraged cause i wasn't eating as well as i could have, so instead of losing weight i think i was just getting into shape.
Those tapes are a GREAT way to get into shape..let me tell you. I don't know what I would have done if i hadn't been using them before i went to spain. we had to do SO much climbing. Granada (where I lived) is nestled in between the Sierra Nevadas...and there was this section of town called the Albaycin that we frequented. ARGH! Just thinking about those stairs makes me nauseas...I had to climb them one day when i was really really sick...so i was tired as it was, we were about halfway up and i started to feel like i was going to pass out. thankfully someone ended up stepping on a cactus :lol: so we had to stop and i got to rest. (i'm horrid , aren't i?) I'm attaching a picture of granada from the top of the albaycin. Oh, the Albaycin was definitely bad...but I think the Alhambra (an old Arab castle built circa 1200) was worse...we're talking a steady half an hour of steep incline walking...:/

VermontChick 09-14-2002 02:55 PM

might as well post some more while i'm here...some more examples of the fruits of those horrid climbs...this picture is from the top of the Alhambra...

VermontChick 09-14-2002 02:57 PM

Oh hey look....it's the 35 story tower that we all had to climb on foot....:lol: this is a part of the cathedral of seville.

VermontChick 09-14-2002 02:59 PM

Cathedral of Seville again (now i'm really into this )

VermontChick 09-14-2002 03:03 PM

some scenery....it's really blurry and if anyone wants full sized copies let me know...pays to have a 500 dollar digital cam i guess...

VermontChick 09-14-2002 03:05 PM

this one looks really good...especially with the leaves in teh foreground..i actually entered this into a photo contest

VermontChick 09-14-2002 03:06 PM

LAST ONE LOL

ok, i also entered this one into a photo contest...i called it "gothic majesty" or something, LOL....at any rate, this is also another shot of the cathedral of seville :)

LuckyLadyBug 09-14-2002 09:24 PM

Miss Meliss Thanks for the pictures...they are great.

Thin, welcome back...I have missed you. I loved the Bertha letter. After my uncles funeral last Saturday I sat down and wrote my aunt a letter. He was my uncle thru marriage but I wanted to tell how he always made me feel special and that I was sorry I hadn't ever told him. I wrote I would, from now on, be more like him and make someone else feel special. It really hit me at his funeral what a great guy he was and most of us probably never told him. Anyway, I plan to be better from now on.

I mowed and raked so long that I never did get to digging in the dirt. Now I hurt!!!!! But I do so love this cooler weather. How is over there, Baylee?