3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Not sure where to put this... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/200017-not-sure-where-put.html)

JennieLovesKisses 04-21-2010 11:15 PM

Not sure where to put this...

So tonight my dad decided he wanted to take me out to the Mongolian Grill for dinner. I was sitting at almost at 900calories at the time. I was a little hesitant to go but I haven't been spending much time with my dad and though I'd give myself a treat.

I get there and I decide what the heck, I'll get these veggies in like I've been needing to. I had veggie noodles, carrots, corn, cucumber, celery, spinach...I added 3 slices of the chicken and a couple tablespoons of tofu! I did put 2 of the sauces they had out in there...but i cant for the life of me remember which...Anyways. I feel like I did pretty well, though I prob shouldn't have eaten as much as I did. I feel like I OD'd on veggies. O.o They don't allow take home box's there either.

I have no idea how many calories this may have been so I don't know what to put in my fitday log!

Does anyone have a guess?

MamaP 04-21-2010 11:24 PM

When I eat something that has a lot of different things in it (like green smoothies) I just enter each ingredient into my fit day separately. I'm sure it's not perfect, but I figure it's probably pretty close.

PeanutsMom704 04-21-2010 11:48 PM

I don't know if this is the same place, but you can build a bowl on line and it gives you the nutritional info. Even if it's not the same, sounds like the food is similar enough for you to be able to ballpark it.

http://www.gomongo.com/experience/create-a-bowl.php

JennieLovesKisses 04-21-2010 11:57 PM

Thank you!

Primm 04-22-2010 05:13 AM

Peanutsmom, thank you! We eat Mongolian BBQ quite a bit, and I always enter everything one at a time. This will help lots!

bacilli 04-22-2010 06:08 AM

They have a nutrition tracker on their website. You can put how much of each thing you used, plus the sauces, and it'll spit out all of the nutritional data.

Veil 04-22-2010 06:51 AM

JennieLovesKisses- I'd say you can be proud of yourself! Dad time, check. Veggies, check. Keeping control and not goin' crazy at a "buffet", check! Who cares if you went a little over. I think ya did good! Gooood job!

losermom 04-22-2010 07:02 AM

Jennie, I think you did great too! You focused on Dad and getting in your veggies. Win Win!

MyBestYear 04-22-2010 08:17 AM

I think you did great! Buffets can be so dangerous for those who are trying to lose weight (I know they are for me)!

Way to get your veggies!

I would probably count the meal at around 500-600 and I only say that because of the sauces, I don't know what they would be putting in them...but I tend to overestimate if I am unsure.

jenwoobiekins 04-22-2010 08:26 AM

That's one of my favorite places to eat because my SO is very much an "all you can eat buffet" kind of guy and I can load up on veggies, have a normal portion of chicken and shrimp and call it a day. Most of their sauces and spices are very low in calories, so it makes a great meal and you really feel like you're getting a lot of food.

JennieLovesKisses 04-22-2010 01:41 PM

Well its not an all you can eat. Its a local place, so you get your one bowl and fill it with what you want and they cook it for you.

PeanutsMom704 04-22-2010 07:59 PM

we have a similar sort of place here - it's really nice to have the control over what is going into your meal!

JennieLovesKisses 04-22-2010 08:44 PM

So I've been stuck between 203.8-204.4 for the past few days now, I was dreading looking at the scale the next day after this meal...I even did an extra hour workout video to make myself feel a little bit better about it. Turns out it wasn't that bad...scale said between 204.8-205. A little bit of gain, but I'm not too worried about it, that was actually the first time i did that workout video (usually when I start a new video I see a little gain) and its close to thats TOM so I'm going to say its just normal fluctuation! lol