Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Measure=proof of loss

I tried to measure last night andwhen I went to measure my waist....I wasn't quite sure where the correct spot to do this is. What do you measure and where do you measure at? (for example, when you measure waist, do you start at navel and go around.....etc)
abreezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: (HW 247) 241/215/199

Height: 5'- 4 1/2"

I measure at my naval because I am super short waisted and this is the narrowest part on me. Alot of people are narrower right above the naval. Take it at your narrowest spot.
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #3  

Working at a Bridal Store part time I learned that when you measure you measure this way:

Chest --- Right across the nipples. IF you are wearing a padded bra squeeze a bit tighter, if you are not and your boobies are a liitle "low" lift the bra straps just a bit so your nipples are "straight ahead" LOL

Waist --- About an inch to 2 inches above the belly button! Depending if you are long or short waisted. but your belly button is lower than your actual waist. When measuring the waist I found sometimes the tape would snugggle under a roll, especially on me, so I usually make sure the tape is ON the roll not under it.

Hips --- Straight across the biggest part of the bum, looking sideways. That is usually just below the hip bone. where the top of the tape touches the bottom of the bone.

I haven't had any gowns come back in the wrong size... yet...

It is really hard to measure yourself! Because you are not standing straight, try to get some one you are comfortable with to help you out.
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

Very good info....thanks!!
abreezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Awesome tips, Athene! I agree it's hard as heck to measure oneself--usually when I do it, I find that often I will get several different measurements (not usually radically different, but each one might have a .5" variation or so).

I will definitely keep your location tips in mind, though, next time I (or whoever I get to do it for me) measure.
pihlaja is offline   Reply With Quote