Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #16  
Transforming through God

It all comes down to the fact that you've got to do what works for YOU.

Some people find a lot of choices overwhelming and that it leads to binging. Others find that they need variety, still other like some variety but limit specific choices of trigger foods. You just have to find the balance that works for you.

For me, I find that I fall into the category of 'liking some variety but intentionally limiting choices of foods that trigger me'.

Good luck on your journey

Last edited by MyBestYear; 04-20-2010 at 10:07 AM.
MyBestYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBestYear View Post
It all comes down to the fact that you've got to do what works for YOU.
I was just about to post this myself!

Ultimately we all want success and how we get there is going to be different for all of us. Personally, if I didn't have a lot of variety in my diet (or even just the potential for variety) I would be a very unhappy camper and it would derail my weight loss efforts.

Nutritionally it is good to eat a different variety of things, but if you are satisfying your nutritional requirements on a diet with less variety then don't worry about restricting yourself! Do what works for you and makes you happy!
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote