3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Are there parts of weight loss you don't like? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/198794-there-parts-weight-loss-you-dont-like.html)

fra 04-08-2010 10:38 AM

i think you guys were just too fast and excellent at losing weight!! :P cause I lost it sooo slowly that my eyes got used to the new size, and I got used to any change in feelings... right now I am at the point of not remembering how I was like and I feel like I made no progress at all. then i look at pics to remind me xD

WarMaiden 04-08-2010 12:10 PM

I have thought of something else I don't like about active weight loss, that is, the state of being in a significant calorie deficit day to day: And that is the symptoms that come along with that, such as muscle aches and poorer sleep. It happens to me every time I ramp up my weight loss again (after a period of maintaining or slower loss), and I just really disenjoy it.

ValentineNicole 04-08-2010 12:13 PM

I don't like the frustration that comes with plateaus. I haven't seen significant weight loss in almost a month, though I count calories diligently. It's frustrating.

MeowMix 04-08-2010 12:20 PM

I'm with you one the cold thing. I'm cold ALL THE TIME now! But before I was hot ALL THE TIME! I was always sweating in stores and pretty much whenever I was inside and it was embarrassing. So I'll take cold over hot and and sweaty any day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkendrick (Post 3237279)
And the one that really bugs me is my knees on each other when I'm laying on my side. To fall asleep, I have to have a pillow between my legs.

This! Sleeping on my side is just not as comfy as it used to be! A lot of my yoga moves have gotten uncomfortable because of bones too.

Overall though, how I feel when I put on my clothes trumps all of that 10 fold and everyday I get more and more used to it.

fitwayoflife 04-08-2010 02:29 PM

Getting stretch marks.

saef 04-08-2010 03:42 PM

Disrupted traditions and routines that include food.

The weather zinged up into the 90s suddenly right after Easter, while I was out on vacation & staying along the Connecticut shore. I felt summer & I smelled it in the air. I wanted to put on sandals. Suddenly, I had intense cravings, after not experiencing them for some time. I wanted to eat fried fish & fried clams & french fries. I wanted to go out & get an ice cream cone.

I had to remind myself, I'm living a new life now. I eat my fish grilled. I eat yogurt in the morning instead.

But it goes against oh so many years of eating those other things, as a seasonal rite of passage. When the daylilies are blooming, and the cicadas are buzzing, and you can smell the salt water a mile inward from the shore, this is what we do & what we eat. Life does seem a bit diminished by my not partaking.

There's an emotional nostalgic side of me that has to be reasoned with. My brain has to split in two parts with one of them taking over & making more rational choices. It's hard to always keep that rational side monitoring everything.

LasseKohau 04-08-2010 05:04 PM

No

Hi, not really.

I enjoy loosing weight, get into smaller sizes, have more appetite for life and sex.

Weightloss is alot about motivation and results.

BR LASSE

lights76 04-08-2010 05:25 PM

The guilt of not working out. I know that sounds weird but for me it is guilt. I was supposed to hit a strength pilates class today at lunch but went to Target instead. My brain is already thinking about what I can do tonight to make up for it - probably Biggest Loser DVD...

kuhrisuh 04-08-2010 09:01 PM

I hate how none of my clothes fit me right. Everything is either too big or too small or too short or too long or too SOMETHING.

I definitely understand the uncomfortable feeling though.. the one that you can't put your finger on. I'm starting to feel the same way. I think it will pass, it may just take awhile to get used to our new bodies.

Congratulations on all of your success, you're doing FANTASTIC! :)

juliastl27 04-09-2010 02:46 AM

i can relate to this one big time. my husband coined the term "fat girl syndrome". that is to say, i still feel like the fat girl no matter how much people tell me how great i look. in every picture, i have to immediately focus on my trouble spots (upper arms and lower belly), or compare myself to the girl standing next to me. even if she is clearly larger than me i still think that she carries it well and looks better.

also, even though i weigh less now than since before i had my son for the first time in 8 years, my body doesn't look the same. everything has rearranged itself. my hips are bigger than before i had my son, there are a lot of stretch marks/loose skin/saggy areas. i feel like i completely ruined my body by gaining so much weight. i had to accept that it will never look the same as a woman who stayed the same weight.

BUT, all that being said, i do love sizing down, i do love knowing that i stuck to something and am getting close to accomplishing my goals. i love that in clothes, aside from my problem areas, i feel like i look good. im not wearing many tank tops and crossing my fingers that the last part of this trims some arm fat. i feel better in SOOOOO many ways and have learned so much. i mean, in reality, who sees my stretch marked/saggy areas? only the people who see me naked and thats only one. he doesnt seem to care and keeps telling me how sexy i look.

i also love the collar bones and hip bones and ribs. makes me feel hot!

MeowMix 04-09-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliastl27 (Post 3239502)
i can relate to this one big time. my husband coined the term "fat girl syndrome". that is to say, i still feel like the fat girl no matter how much people tell me how great i look. in every picture, i have to immediately focus on my trouble spots (upper arms and lower belly), or compare myself to the girl standing next to me. even if she is clearly larger than me i still think that she carries it well and looks better.

also, even though i weigh less now than since before i had my son for the first time in 8 years, my body doesn't look the same. everything has rearranged itself. my hips are bigger than before i had my son, there are a lot of stretch marks/loose skin/saggy areas. i feel like i completely ruined my body by gaining so much weight. i had to accept that it will never look the same as a woman who stayed the same weight.

This is me, if fact it's crazy how much it's me. I can't seem to be happy with the 'good' parts of me and always focus on my trouble spots. I still feel a lot like 210 pound me and it's incredibly frustrating because I want to be enjoying 125 pound me!

I feel good about myself then go out and see some woman who's thinner, looks 10000 times better than me and I'm 210 pounds again feeling ashamed and awful.

I feel the same way, I think I completely ruined my body by letting it get so bad, if I'd just been smarter with my eating I could have avoided a lot of this skin and these stretch marks. But I can't change that now.

Does this feeling ever go away? Will we ever get to fully enjoy our new bodies or will we always feel a little like our bigger self's?

juliastl27 04-09-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowMix (Post 3240237)
This is me, if fact it's crazy how much it's me. I can't seem to be happy with the 'good' parts of me and always focus on my trouble spots. I still feel a lot like 210 pound me and it's incredibly frustrating because I want to be enjoying 125 pound me!

I feel good about myself then go out and see some woman who's thinner, looks 10000 times better than me and I'm 210 pounds again feeling ashamed and awful.

I feel the same way, I think I completely ruined my body by letting it get so bad, if I'd just been smarter with my eating I could have avoided a lot of this skin and these stretch marks. But I can't change that now.

Does this feeling ever go away? Will we ever get to fully enjoy our new bodies or will we always feel a little like our bigger self's?

i hope so! but i dont know if it ever will. when you are fat everyone treats you like a leper. ive even noticed that clerks in stores are nicer to me now that im slimming down. its almost like you get so used to be ignored/made fun of that now when people compliment me i feel like theyre like making a joke. i have a male friend who went from 300 lbs down to 180 and has the same problem. he still doesnt understand why so many girls are attracted to him and doesnt realize how good looking he is.

as far as the stretch marks/sagging/whatever, i think all we can do is accept it. theres no way to change it now, so we should just celebrate the fact that we have all those things because after we gained the weight, we made the right choices and had major willpower and commitment to lose it. we should be proud! a lot of people keep making the wrong choices and stay large their entire lives. even though its somewhat depressing at times, its WAY better than being fat.

Anne Elk 04-09-2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplods (Post 3237300)
I've never been cold when losing weight, even after losing a lot - until this time. Now I'm almost always freezing - and when I'm not freezing I'm too hot.

There's a lot I don't like about weight loss, but there's also a lot I do (and it's not all about the scale, or even about feeling healthier and stronger).

I don't like the routine of weight loss, the "have to do it every day forever," but then I remind myself of toothbrushing. I don't brush my teeth because it's fun, and it's just as pointless to wish I didn't have to watch my weight as it would be to wish I didn't have to brush my teeth. If I want the result, I have to put forth the effort.

However, I also find it a lot more enjoyable to get the result by incorporating as much fun as I can into the effort. When I focus on the deprivation, I feel deprived. When I look for alternatives, it isn't always comfortable but "different" is an odd feeling, but it's a better feeling than "loss/deprivation."

For example, I'm trying very hard to eliminate wheat entirely from my diet (it's likely that I'm intolerant, if not actually allergic or celiac. I knew the connection was real when my husband could tell when I'd eaten wheat by the looking at my face. I get a scaley rash within two days of eating more than a trace of wheat).

At first it seemed like wheat was in absolutely everything, and it was hard to keep from focusing on what I couldn't have - but there really are a lot of foods out there that aren't wheat. And a lot of them taste very good.

I tend to avoid exercise unless I plan it in. And I tend to do more if I plan it in a form that I enjoy (roughly in order of preference): swimming, geocaching, dancing to music (when no one is watching) and bicycling.

Do you have any of Bette Hagman's gluten free books? Pretty good stuff. Also if you are a baker you can sub wheat flour with a wheat-free flour combo plus xanathan gum that she came up with . . . I can't remember it off the top of my head but if you google her you'll find it.