My fitness inspiration.

• Mine is Georges St. Pierre, the UFC welterweight champion. He's one of the best fighters in the world, and is in incredible shape. He's COMMITTED, to being a good fighter and to being the best he can be. He's also incredible humble. Last but not least, he's a beautiful male specimen.

So who is your fitness inspiration, and why?

• Jillian Michaels, because I find her inspiring (something in me really responds to yelling...), and my parents.

My folks were pretty active my whole life but are really into cycling since retiring, and last summer my dad and one of his friends biked across Canada in 54 days. My mom was in a terrible bike accident a few years ago (hit by a van backing out of a parking lot and 12 of her ribs were broken, and she's also had to get a large metal pin in one of her arms) but she didn't let that stop her from getting back on her bike the following summer. They both wanted to be good models of health for my brother and I, and they're now also really great healthy role models to their grandkids.
  • My 3 year old. I found myself last summer, at age 42, barely able to hike with my older kids. I realized, I need to be around, and HEALTHY, for many many years to come, for this little one.
  • My Inspiration
    I know it might sound cliche but I am very inspired by Jillian Michaels. She and I are the same age (34) and I like that she is athletic as well as sexy. It seems attainable to me. Hard work - I can deal with, but deprivation and "the look" that comes with it, I can't!

[IMG][/IMG]
  • Ha ha I love this! Oohpujie, I love that you picked GSP- I really love watching those UFC guys, especially how they train.

My boyfriend would pick Jillian as my biggest inspiration, because he thinks I am brainwashed by her! (it's true, I spend all day long quoting her).

But I think right now my inspiration are people that have lost 100lbs and have kept it off and their stories, and Kat Von D is my vanity inspiration.
  • For me, it's Jackie Warner and Dara Torres. I love their bodies and maybe I will never have one like theirs, but at least I will die trying.
    Oh, and Ava Cowan, too, her abs are fan.bloody.tastic.